Roleplay Forums | Map

Growing up
[summons] Late autumn, early evening, calling for Bravo

Scott is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Scott Peregrine Blaine-White Jeames

Scott of course kept his promise to Bucky, and decided to call for Bravo. The male had not been around for a few days, he had noticed, but now his scent had returned. It was the best opportunity for Scott to talk to him, now. He needed to give him information on this Tiberius guy, and the Zaan wolf.

The boy was loyal and serious, he wanted to be useful to the pack, so as soon as he noticed Bravo’s scent was strong again within the borders, he got up to his paws and started looking for him. Scott had been resting for a bit, taking a nap. But now it was time for him to become a big wolf, an adult. He wanted to be an adult.

When he could not find Bravo by simply looking, he decided to call for him. Lifting his head, the boy howled for the older male, hoping he was around to hear him.

Jun 25, 2017 12:09 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Bravo Vitnir Fao Staff
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts betatester helper lonelythreads otm profile welcomeguide wikicontributor

Having taken a brief sojourn to clear his head and see the lay of the land around their home and perhaps attempt to recruit others to the pack, Bravo had seen little success but much of the hills and the lake.  His return was as subdued as his departure again. He did not truly expect anyone to have noticed he’d gone, let alone that he’d come back.

But a howl caught his ear, and he turned back from an easy lope he’d been taking in the opposite direction.

He knew the voice well, and had come to rely on it as one of the few reliable factors of his life right now.

Near enough, he did not bother to howl, but instead called the name, “Sir Scott! This way!” and paused to only sniff at the faint scent of a deer that had passed through hours ago.

Jun 25, 2017 06:22 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player

Oh! Bravo was nearby! Scott heard him call out to him, and the boy’s butt wiggled in excitement, along with his tail. Bravo was back! He let out a bark and moved towards the source of the voice, in a quick steady lope. And he noticed the male in the distance, and he ran faster so he could catch up with the adult.

’‘Sir Bravo!’‘ he called out, and he grinned as soon as the male’s facial features became visible. ’‘I’ve been lookin’ fur ye!’‘ he spoke again, like his da would have said it. He still felt very very proud of being able to spek like his father. He missed his father. He missed his mother, too…

He came to a stop in front of the male, and his tail wagged still. But only for a moment, because he needed to tell Bravo what he had heard from Bucky! ’‘I hae news fur ye.’‘

Jun 26, 2017 02:27 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Bravo Vitnir Fao Staff
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts betatester helper lonelythreads otm profile welcomeguide wikicontributor

Bravo’s lips twitched in amusement at the way the boy chose to speak. Having heard Scott speak in a fashion more like most wolves around here before, the dialect was unexpected but not out of place. He’d head bits of it before from the child, and he knew his father spoke like this.

Maybe Tobias had returned?

Or perhaps the boy was simply attempting to fill a void in his life by emulating his absent father.

Bravo still prayed that Tobias was merely looking for Finch and nothing more sinister had occurred.

At any rate…

“News, hm? Well, then, I am all ears, Sir Scott.”

Jun 26, 2017 12:40 PM — Post #3

Name Player

Yesssss! Bravo was listening to him! Okay, focus Scott, you can do this. You can be a big and strong adult, smart and capable. Where to start, hmmmmm… Bucky. ’‘Ah met a wolf at ra borders, Bucky. He told me ‘bout twa bad wolves we should watch oot fur.’‘ Scott began. Yes, this was good. He was getting straight to the point yet not leaving out any details. He could do this. He was a good and loyal boy!

’‘Ra guy is called Tiberius, big an’ white wi blae een. Bucky said he got a frein named Zaan, but dinnae ken whit he looks like… Zaan appearit nice but he wis considerit unpredicatble… Dinnae ken whit bad things they did but Bucky wantit me tae tell ye.’‘

There. That was everything, right? He had not forgotten anything, right? He hoped not.

Jun 26, 2017 01:05 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Bravo Vitnir Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

Bucky was a familiar name. Had he heard it before? Or was it Buck? Hm, uncertain, Bravo at least knew if he had heard of the wolf, he had never met him. Interesting, though, that this seemed a do-gooder who would spread words of caution about.

A big white named Tiberius. Another called Zaan.

“Curious,” Bravo said, unwilling and unable to pass judgement on either of these wolves as he knew nothing of them or their crimes.  Still, information to keep in mind.

“Thank you, Scott, for informing me.  In light of this, should you ever encounter either, please call for me. I would not want you to deal with them on your own. If they are truly dangerous, engaging with them could be trouble. And I’d like to see for myself if they are truly bad wolves, of course.”

Would Scott understand that notion, after all of Bravo’s talk of justice?

Jun 26, 2017 01:52 PM — Post #5

Name Player

Scott nodded to Bravo, smiling. He was just glad he could have helped out. ’‘'Kay!’‘ he said, happy to be of assistance. ’‘Ah telt Bucky ma mom an’ Gale were missin’, an’ Sif. Bucky said he wid keek.’‘ Yes more information Scott had to share with Bravo. He was giving all sorts of information, and he was happy that he was of good use! But he wanted to be of even better use. Which brought him to the next thing on his mind.

’‘Sir Bravo, whit ranks does ra pack hae? Ah… ah wantit tae no be a pup anymore. Ah wanna help.’‘ He asked. Was it bold to ask this? He just hoped he could become an actual member of the pack, not be a silly little pup anymore. He was not little, anymore.

Jun 26, 2017 02:03 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Bravo Vitnir Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

Uncertain what ‘keek’ meant, really, Bravo only understood what Scott was saying based on context, and he nodded, sweet but solemn to the reminder that Scott’s family had scattered. Just him and Tempest, of a whole five and many friends.

“Perhaps this Bucky will bear fruit for us. Well done, Sir Scott.”

Praise would go a long way in a life that had become rather tragic.

Scott’s next train of thought was unexpected but not unwarranted. Indeed, given a little more time Bravo might have begun to think the same. Scott was due some responsibility. He had proved himself smart and capable, and he had no notion if Kara had ever intended there to be an age for advancement of pups or not. Either way, it hardly mattered as Kara was far from being in charge of the logistics now.

“Well, your mother was an Affiliate, I believe. Focused on hunting.  Your father, however, is one of our Guards. One who protects our pack from dangers both inside and out.”

That was more or less it. They’d never had a Medic, and he didn’t imagine Scott had magically learned to be a healer.

Jun 26, 2017 02:09 PM — Post #7

Name Player

Bravo did not say anything about Scott taking on a rank just yet, but he did not disagree with it, either. He actually explained about certain ranks, and what they did. Affiliates; hunters. And Guards; the protectors. His father was a Guard? Protecting was something he wanted to do, even if he was scared of hurting anyone. He just wanted to protect his family, keep them safe. Tempest was like… the only family he had left, for the most part. He wasn’t sure where his father was… right now his sister was most important to him.

Even though he was rather scared of the idea to fight, he wanted to help and protect. He had already made up his mind. ’‘Ah wid like tae be a Guard…’‘ he spoke, rather softly. Because he was not sure if Bravo was actually going to give him the rank. But, Guards were strong and brave, right? Why was he being a little baby? He cleared his throat, and decided to try again, this time more determined. ’‘Ah wid like tae be a Guard, like ma faither.’‘

There, that sounded more grown up. More capable. Yes!

And then he remembered his conversation with Tempest a few days ago. ’‘Is there no healer rank? Ah… ah wantit tae help Tempest, tae find her a rank… She wants tae help, too. But she wisnae sure whit she wid be guid at… Ah offerit tae help her fushin’ so she cud feed tae pack. Or maybe she cud heal ither wolves an’ save their lives?’‘

Of course, it was up to Tempest in the end, to decide what she wanted to do. Scott just wanted to help her. So bringing it up to Bravo felt like a good idea. And then Bravo could talk to Tempest about it, later.

Jun 26, 2017 02:24 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Bravo Vitnir Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

The boy wanted to be a Guard, and this did not surprise Bravo in the least. He clearly wished to be like his father, and after his interaction with Bucky the boy had proven himself capable and willing to do what he could. It was not all about fighting. Words were as useful in protection as teeth. Preferable, even.

He was about to give Scott what he deserved when the child spoke on behalf of his sister, as well. “I would love for Tempest to be able to help, of course. There is a healer rank, called the Medic. We have never had one, but we could certainly use one. Perhaps you can speak to Tempest and see what she would like. Or you can send her to me. I’m sure we could find someone to teach her if she wanted to learn.”

It would take a lot of learning, of course, but he felt very much like Lady Tem would be up for the task.  She was small and she was tired, but she was smart and kind.

“But as for you, my boy… I believe you would make a very fine Guard, indeed. Consider the rank yours. And if you find yourself dissatisfied, you need only to speak to me.”

Jun 26, 2017 02:34 PM — Post #9

Name Player

Scott’s smile returned, bright as ever. He nodded to the male, tail wagging. Tempest could help out the pack, too! Scott should definitely take her out fishing and have them both practice! He was sure she deserved a good rank, and that she could do it, whatever she wanted to do in the end. But seeing his sister as a healer, treating wolves, saving their lives. It just fit. That was Tempest. Scott was very sure she would be capable of that.

But of course, she would need to agree with it, and if she did she would need to be able to learn. But if she ever decided to become a healer, she could go look for healers to learn from, and Scott could go with her and be her guard! They were growing up, he realized. And it was exciting yet rather scary.

’‘Ah wid tell her tae talk tae ye, if ah see her!’‘ he said, happy that he was able to help, happy that he could give Tempest that little push. She was so quiet and sweet. Scott wanted to make sure Tempest got her chance to help, like she wanted to!

Bravo gave him the Guard rank! Scott was overjoyed! ’‘Thank ye so much!’‘ he beamed, oh so happy. He had not felt this happy and this proud of himself in a long time. Guards patrolled the borders, right? Scott would get right to it! ’‘Ah won’t let ye doon!’‘

Jun 26, 2017 02:47 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Bravo Vitnir Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

Bravo felt gladdened to see these two pups growing up well in spite of how badly the pack had gone in the last few months. It made all of it worth it, and he felt his own purpose spurred by it. He did not live just for Bali, and he did not just live for the Circle. He lived for each of these lives he could stand near and guide.

He bobbed his head, certain that between the two of them, eventually Tempest would get listened to about her own purpose.

“I’m sure you won’t let me down, Sir Scott. You are a good boy with much potential, and if you need any help, you make certain to let me know, yes?”

Jun 26, 2017 03:46 PM — Post #11

Name Player

A good boy with much potential. Yes yes yes! Scott was so excited, he was so happy! His tail wagged all the way, and he nodded again. ’‘Ah wull, thank ye!’‘ he beamed. This was a good day. One of the better days in his life. Things went wrong a lot, with family vanishing, but Scott seemed able to pick everything back up, every time. He was surprising himself with how happy he still could be. Maybe he was just lucky.

’‘Ah wull get richt tae it!’‘ Scott said excitedly, ready to get right to doing his job. He nodded at Bravo once, and then he turned around and bounced off, towards the borders. He was going to be a great Guard, and you only became great by working hard!

[Exit unless addressed. :D]

Jun 27, 2017 06:24 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Bravo Vitnir Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

“Be safe, my friend!” Bravo called as the boy all but bounced away.

Pleased with how this had gone, he couldn’t help but chuckle at the dialect again when the boy was truly out of hearing.

|Fade Bravo

Jun 27, 2017 01:55 PM — Post #13

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.