Roleplay Forums | Map

Fading fast
Hidden Cove | LA | Evening | Overcast | Low tide |

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna trotted across the beach near the caverns, looked tired and run down. Not surprisingly, splitting her time between four patients as well as visits to the forest had sapped her energy, leaving her coat looking duller than usual and her shoulders slumped in exhalation. Her appearance was the least of her problems then though, even though the constant activity had caused her to loose even more weight. She had been eating, and was certainly not starved, but there was a considerable tuck behind her ribcage and a her hipbones were now in quite sharp relief.

She held some marigold in her jaws, the flowers dried and duller now instead of vibrant gold, but she was hoping that Tidus’s less severe wounds wouldn’t need them much longer. She knew how he hated lying around as well, being so active normally.

A popular theme for patients of hers these days. If Kamaal and Skuld refused to rest up during this critical early stage of their recovery, she was really afraid they would do themselves lasting damage. The sot of damage no healer would ever be able to fix for them.

She sighed around her flowers and tried to put the duo with their broken legs out of her mind for now, a near-impossible task for Yuna when wolves needed help. Right now, what she wanted to focus on was Tidus.

She let out a few barks, rather hoarse-sounding, hoping to catch his attention.

Jul 01, 2017 06:46 AM

[ ignore ]
Tidus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus had come home a few days ago and hadnt been off his feet since. He had been holed up in the forest since forever. It was nice to move.

He would go out seeking more herbs, more food, pulling the weight he had left lax upon leaving. Tidus remembered lean winters and he was not going to allow his packmates to go hungry, even if that meant he would starve.

His ears turned towards the source of the barks, a seagull’s scrawny neck in his grasp. A deep sigh, before he was trotting over to Yuna, the bird swinging in his jaws.

His wounds were scabbed over and itched like hell, but he wasn’t going to sit down and scratch at the moment. Besides, Yuna would have his hide.

He rounded the corner, tails swaying as he dropped the gull.

Hey dear. ” He hummed, trying to be cheerful. She was going to kick his ass for moving around wasn’t she.

Jul 02, 2017 09:52 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

She wished he’d stay a bit more still. At least he was just scabbed over, and not with anything broken, making it less critical for him to take it easy than it was Kamaal or Skuld. Besides, his hunting and providing made her feel very safe and looked after, even though he often left land prey out for the rest of the pack, not just her specifically.

She put down her herbs and shot him a look that was meant to be disproving but was actually kind of ruined by her smile because she was so happy to see him. Though she blinked, surprised, at the dear. She didn’t mind it from him the way she did from other wolves, but he didn’t use the endearment often.

“My sunshine, come over here and let me see how those wounds are going.” She encouraged. “You really ought to be resting a bit more you know. Even though I know everybody appreciates your hunting.” She shot an admiring look at his seagull. He excelled when it came to physical things, perhaps with the exception of swimming. Still he was a lot better than he had been! 

Jul 02, 2017 04:39 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus was instantly grinning, tails wagging behind him.

I know but hey! I’m doing something for the pack!” He passed over to Yuna, sitting before his smaller mate, tail swishing behind him.

Jul 03, 2017 08:03 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna reached out and started to carefully groom his closest gash. “I know, but you need to be more careful not to open them up again, they’re still pretty fresh. Let me put some more marigold on them now.”

As she worked she turned her bicoloured gaze up to him. “That’s actually what I wanted to talk to you about.”

((Remind me where he cut himself again mate?))

Jul 03, 2017 09:32 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus was sinking into the licks before Yuna spoke again. His ears perked, head tilting.

Is it bad?

He could only hope it wasn’t.

[Uh, leg, forehead, and a few scattered around his back and sides.]

Jul 04, 2017 07:01 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

There was something reassuring about the process of tending to Tidus, feeling his weight pushing slightly into the pressure of her licks the way he often did.

Yuna gestured for him to follow her down to a rockpool where she set up with her marigold by a small pool of salt water contained within the dip of a rock.

“It’s important.” She evaded the answer. “But I don’t want it to be a negative thing. I want to support you and understand because… well, that’s what mates do, we’re a team. And I suppose lately I’ve been worrying at just how accident prone you are.” And how often it was happening and the severity of what his accidents did to him. She paused, chewing a mouthful of dried marigold up so she could drop it into the tiny pool. 

She was nervous, even though she knew she had delayed bringing this up enough.

((Thanks mate <3 Chris memory is… yeah. Crappy.))

Jul 04, 2017 07:47 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus followed, listening intently, before deflating a little. How..accident prone he was? He…huh?

I…dont think I understand where you are going with this

Where the hell had this conversation gone?

Jul 04, 2017 08:42 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

He didn’t understand or have anything to say so far. Yuna figured she could still back out. Tell him it was nothing. He would be hurt by what she had to say. What if he got mad at her?

But she had to speak up. Be brave like she’d been taught. Soon it wouldn’t be about just them.

“It’s…” How could she still not what what to say to him? So much for her confidence… “I know you aren’t h-hurting yourself on purpose. And that some pretty rough things have been happening, and I do understand t-that, I really do.” She paused to take a few deep breathes, trying to center, trying not to let her voice shake anymore. She had no reason to be afraid talking to Tidus.  “But I just worry you aren’t being careful enough.” She’d wanted to phrase it better than that but she couldn’t exactly take back the words she’d just blurted out.

Jul 04, 2017 03:59 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Oh.

O h.

Tidus fully deflated. He understood now. And he kinda wished he didn’t.

I…I don’t know how to fix that. He was helpless in the wake of his own clumsiness.

Jul 06, 2017 07:33 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Well, he wasn’t angry, but it was worse seeing him so down as he slumped. Yuna felt perfectly awful. But just… her sitting around fretting wasn’t going to fix anything. She was well aware she’d already dropped weight thanks to stressing over… everything… and now she had to try and take steps to fix her problems.

“It’s just… Tidus, we’re going to have a family soon. How am I going to look after you when I’m pregnant? Or when I’m nursing three or four puppies?” She asked softly. Not trying to make him feel worse, just wanting him to understand just how much she relied on him. Now, and even more so in the future.

He wanted so badly to be a father, and being responsible was part of that.

Jul 06, 2017 07:49 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus blinked, staring at his paws. His big dumb clumsy paws.

His ears splayed, guilt flashing across his face. His tail fell limp.

I..dont know how to fix it…

Jul 06, 2017 10:37 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna wished her mate would look at her. She couldn’t gauge well how Tidus was taking this.

“I just want you to promise me to be more careful. Pups are a pawful. I just… don’t want to have to choose between looking after them and you.”

She didn’t know how to phrase her worries any better. Her stomach rolled nervously, as if threatening to loose its hold on her last meal. One she could scarcely afford to loose at the moment. She swallowed hard, fighting the moment of nausea.

Her paws inched towards him, across the sand, her body following and extended automatically. He might still get mad. He might not want her nearby. He might feel like she was trying to blame him.

But she still wanted to be close to him in that moment. 

Jul 06, 2017 10:42 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Titus was mostly empty. A slow nod.

I…i can try… ” He whispered back. He didn’t notice Yuna coming across the sand, too caught up in his own spiral of guilt. He had worried Yuna. He never had been the brightest bulb in the package.

Jul 08, 2017 08:55 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Yuna Nami Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Receiving no encouragement, or physical response, Yuna stopped moving towards him, her spirits sinking, tail tucking up under her belly. His half-hearted reply was similarly not encouraging.

Nothing about this had gone right. Yuna hesitated, caught halfway to Tidus, not sure if he was going to welcome an advance or not. 

Jul 08, 2017 09:05 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus’s ears pricked up, moving slowly across the sand. He wanted to embrace Yuna. He so, so did.

And then he would gently ask her about her mate because he didn’t want her to lash out at him like Wilma had.

Jul 09, 2017 09:02 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.