Roleplay Forums | Map

Takaiwase
[summons] Calling/Looking for Talio | 420°F/6°C | Overcast | Afternoon | Late Autumn

Name Player
Meir Evenfall Tam
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500posts 1000posts artist helper lonelythreads profile wikicontributor

Meir had come to realise that the lavender he’d found had not been brought into the cave with him as he’d requested. He wasn’t angry at Cypress as he knew he was, at the time, more important to the male, but to Meir, the lavender was more important. To him, that represented something for Talio, who was gone.

He’d missed Talio greatly while he was gone, and it was about the only thing that had kept him going and alive while he was out there. The only reason he had dragged himself back was the prospect of seeing Talio again.

Meir realised now that he had been gone so long, without word, and it would have likely caused hurt. With Talio’s scent fainter in the caves and Meir’s senses almost back into full swing, he had travelled a little to try and find the male, despite being told by Rufus a while back to “rest and eat,” rather than worry.

Meir worried – how was he not meant to?

All he thought about during the day was “where’s Talio,” then at night he tossed in his sleep at the thought that Talio had run off and wouldn’t return. What if something had happened? What if, god forbid, he thought Meir had died himself, or that he thought Meir hated him, no longer loved him, or just had left him? Meir didn’t want that, and he had begun to fear the worst and that, when he was reunited with his mate, he wouldn’t be welcomed back.

He understood that, if he was, it wouldn’t be a “yay” moment. It would be sad, he imagined, but also happy. Bittersweet, at best. But part of him felt that he would be chased away in anger now. That Talio would have found someone else. What if he had?

Meir worried.

He had travelled as far as just to the northern part of the clearing – about as far as he was willing to go from the Evergreen’s territory at the moment – and searched there. He didn’t find a scent, but Meir felt he had the strength to try and howl. And thus he did. He tipped his head back and howled as strongly as he could, although it wasn’t his most powerful one. It was quite loud and carried some distance.

A few birds moved from the trees nearby, and he looked around. Would Talio come? Would he be happy?

Meir shook slightly, anxious for what was to possibly come.

Jul 01, 2017 10:34 AM

[ ignore ]
Geir is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Geir Ek Fao Staff

Geir had been spending a whole lotta time at the clearing lately. The deer incident had made him wonder what else existed in this space that the Kin had seen fit to claim. And it was nice to be out in the cool late autumn air as his thick winter coat came in with a vengeance.

So he had found a rotting log to sleep beside and was dozing where the breeze wasn’t quite so obvious when he heard a howl.

This surprised him, because as often as he heard howls back at the caves, he never heard howls here.  His head popped up and he sniffed. Kin, he recognized, and a squint told him the figure towards the north end of the clearing was familiar.

Ish.

Geir really needed to work on socializing, but he was very passive. It was hard sometimes.

This howl sounded a lot desperate, though, and it worried him a little. He waited to see if anyone else responded, but it was met with silence. Feeling more worried, and little guilty for hearing the call but not responding, Geir detached himself from his cozy resting place and started towards the other Kin with a few puppish yips.

Jul 05, 2017 01:50 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Meir Evenfall Tam
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500posts 1000posts artist helper lonelythreads profile wikicontributor

Meir stood, stance somewhat like a deer standing on alert and listening for an attacker, waiting and hoping for a response. He hoped dearly that it would be from Talio, but his legs shook from the anxiety of waiting for him, or a response, from anyone. He missed the other male greatly, and he really did want to see him.

As silence fell around the forest, all he heard was the occasional crunch of small bestial footsteps (inwardly, he had a glimmer of hope that somehow those footsteps were Talio) and rustling leaves in the trees and squirrels, birds, and any other tree-dwelling creatures moved around amongst the branches of the trees. He looked up, not in hope but more in slight distress, and saw nothing but green leaves and the patches of an overcast sky in the background.

Eventually, after a short while of silence, Meir heard a wolf respond –

But it wasn’t who he wanted. Pup-like yips came from the distance and Meir’s stance fell as quickly as he had turned to look towards the direction of the reply. No Talio, and instead he got a youngster.

Meir vaguely remembered the non-Rufus children, but he quietly hoped that he got a Rufus child. He remembered Leif was a hateful child to be in the presence of, and he certainly hoped that it wasn’t him that was calling.

Meir looked towards the approaching wolf, and he could vaguely see white through the trees. He hoped inwardly that it was Lee and that she had just become lighter while he was away, but he partially believed that he was wrong and it was a non-Rufus child, which made him feel a little down. He stood in preparation, but he also returned the yips with some barks – not as panicked or rushed as the howl – of his own.

Jul 06, 2017 02:14 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Geir Ek Fao Staff

“What’s wrong?” Geir called forward to the wolf he could see just barely now. The ginger color was familiar, but he couldn’t place a name. All he knew was they were Kin and the call had been desperate.  Geir had answered other sorts of vague sadhowls before, but this one was…

Searching. Imploring. Begging.

Or so his empathetic little soul tried to tell him. He could not have put it in so many words himself.

“I’m here, I’m Geir, but I don’t think anyone else is around!” Geir said, in case the near-stranger was looking for someone in particular. The stranger, close enough now to register as female to his nose. Kinda herby and earthy among all the sad.

Jul 07, 2017 02:20 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Meir Evenfall Tam
Achievements (?)

What’s wrong?

Meir looked at the little white wolf, who seemed much nicer than whoever he had met at Willa’s, Manu’s, and Rigel’s graves, curiously. He seemed to have good enough intentions, and Meir could respect that. As the youngster approached, Meir ruled Leif out as an option because Leif, although he looked like that, just wasn’t that nice…

It was the other one – the one that Lee was with that other time. Meir couldn’t place a name, though, and instead just looked at the male as he continued to approach.

Looking for someone. Worried,” he replied, despite not really wanting to pour his heart onto a pup, especially one he barely knew.

Meir sat down as the wolf, who introduced himself as the somewhat familiar name of “Geir,” came closer. Geir didn’t think anyone else was around, and that did little to soothe Meir’s thoughts and feelings. No Talio, no friends, no anyone. Just Geir, whoever he was. Meir hoped dearly that he wasn’t as hateful as the little white female or as Leif. Meir didn’t have the best feelings towards them. They just gave him bad vibes and seemed generally rude.

Thanks, Geir,” he said. “I’m Meir. I’m a Herbalist for the Evergreens, but I’ve been on a trip for a while. I’m looking for my mate, Talio. Not sure where he is. I’m really worried about him. I miss him loads.

And he was worried about what might happen when they met again, too. Anything could, honestly, happen, and the fact that it was so unpredictable, despite their ability to get on well in the past, bothered Meir.

In his panic, Meir forgot his new way of making sure others knew him as he was: adding the “I’m male” onto his “Hi, I’m Meir” part. It was weird, but it normally worked… when he remembered.

Jul 08, 2017 03:40 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Geir Ek Fao Staff

Oh noooo. Did Meir need help looking for her mate? Frowning a little, Geir got as close as he could to the near-stranger and snuffled at her consolingly.  “I haven’t seen’d your mate in a while,” he informed the herbalist pointedly. He knew of Talio more than he knew him personally, but it had been hard to miss the permanent fixture at the caves.

“I’m sorry you missing him and all that stuffs.  If he comes back make sure you don’t be mad at him or he never come back. My mommo god mat at father when he come’d back and I never ever see him.”

Not that he minded that. He just… was trying to empathize here.  Missing family or whatever.

Jul 09, 2017 12:31 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Meir Evenfall Tam
Achievements (?)

Geir assured him that he hadn’t seen Talio in a while. It didn’t help much, as Meir already knew he was gone. Rufus had mentioned he had been scarce for a while, and this worried Meir.

He did, however, also try and reassure Meir by comforting him… sort of. He offered words of advice – ones that he probably ad first-hand experience with – and Meir decided to take it on. But his mother had apparently got “mad” at their father, then he had never returned. That was… terrible. Meir never wanted that to happen to his mate.

Thanks, Geir,” Meir said. “I’m not angry at him for leaving. I went away for a while, too. I just hope he’s safe and alright. I miss him.

Maybe there was something else going on with his mother and father, since Meir couldn’t imagine getting angry at his mate for something like that. It seemed silly, but Meir wasn’t one to judge, so he moved on from the idea of Geir’s parents and just thought about Talio.

Jul 10, 2017 02:56 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Geir Ek Fao Staff

“Do you know why he went?  Do you know why you went?”

Geir asked that wrong. He meant to say ‘why did you go?’ but he got kinda screwed up by parallel sentence structure that his brain had wanted to reach for.

He shuffled a little closer to Meir, nudging at her shoulder.

Jul 10, 2017 12:27 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Meir Evenfall Tam
Achievements (?)

Geir questioned whether Meir knew why Talio left, but also if he knew why he, himself, had left. Meir’s ear flicked in curiosity, but he decided to take the question more as “why did you leave,” rather than a “do you know why,” as that would be silly.

Meir felt Geir nudge his shoulder and his head flicked around. He looked at Geir, slightly confused by the sentiment, but he let it happen, anyway. It was comforting, that’s all.

I don’t know why he left, no,” Meir told him. “I left to find a herb for him. He told me he was sick. I was injured while doing it, though, and didn’t come back for a while. I fear he thinks I’ve abandoned him, or something.” But in reality, Meir missed him more than anything.

I just want him to be safe.” That was the most important thing to Meir.

Jul 11, 2017 02:21 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Geir Ek Fao Staff

“I’m sure he is.”

Geir had no real concept of loss or even hurt.  His father was gone, but he didn’t imagine his father was hurt or dead. He was just not here and that was more than fine. He would have had to have his family angry at him if he was here, and Geir knew that that was not a thing to wish for.

“Are… you okay now?” he asked, as if just noticing that Meir bore the scars of the injury as mentioned.

Jul 11, 2017 06:13 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Meir Evenfall Tam
Achievements (?)

While Meir should probably have found Geir’s words reassuring, there was something he did not find good about it. So many doubts and worries in his mind, ones that he might as well not think about; of course things would be fine, it was Talio. Everything was always fine with them, he knew that, but yet he still worried greatly.

What if things did not happen how they normally did, how they should, how he thought they would? Meir worried.

He could not stop worrying.

Geir, too, worried. He asked if Meir was okay now, even though he did not know Meir. Meir did not know him. He felt more than a little honoured that Geir would even care. But that’s what family was for, and Geir was Kin, wasn’t he?

Yeah, I’m alright,” he replied. The wounds were almost healed, they were just recovering more slightly. The scars that would heal and fade. “Because I’m a Herbalist, I knew what to do.

He just got exhausted during his trip, leaving him to roll around on the ground as he tried to heal. No food, no water.

Jul 13, 2017 02:06 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Geir Ek Fao Staff

“Oh, phew, that’s good.” He didn’t really know what an herbalist was, but apparently they knew what to do when hurt, so that was great.  “I’ve never been hurt really bad ‘fore but I met my friend Whiskey and he gotta big scar round his neck from a snare AND a scratch on his tummy from a lynx.”

Yep.

“He says we all get scars, so is okay.”

Jul 13, 2017 12:39 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Meir Evenfall Tam
Achievements (?)

It was good. Meir was only relieved that he was a medic, as that meant he could help himself out when he was hurt. He didn’t need to go and find someone.

But he had got stuck…

Geir mentioned Whiskey, who Meir knew, and that he had not only the neck scar, but one on his abdomen from a lynx. Meir looked at him with a gentle nod, quite thankful for the information, even if it wasn’t so surprising to him that Whiskey had more scars given the trouble he seemed to get into. And, well, Meir didn’t know if he would need it.

Some we’d rather not keep,” Meir noted airily.

Jul 14, 2017 01:52 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Geir Ek Fao Staff

“But that’s okay, cause scars don’t hurt no more.” 

Whiskey’s scar didn’t hurt him! Or so Geir had been told.  Geir felt smart.

“I’m gon’ get going back home. You wanna come with me?” he asked the ginger wolf.

Jul 14, 2017 12:21 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Meir Evenfall Tam
Achievements (?)

Scars don’t hurt, no, not the physical ones, but the emotional ones did. Meir decided not to argue and just nodded. If that’s what Geir believed, then so be it. Besides, he decided he didn’t want to linger on the situation.

Home. Back home.

Meir sighed. Without Talio, it felt like a waste. That was one of the only things still tying him to the Evergreens, yet he decided to go back, anyway. He smiled, “Sure. Let’s go.

[ Fade? ]

Jul 15, 2017 05:31 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Geir Ek Fao Staff

“I’ll show you the way!” Geir insisted, though Meir would know better than him.

He just wanted everyone to be happy and feel helped, was all.

|Fade Geir

Jul 17, 2017 01:22 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.