Roleplay Forums | Map

Bring down the walls
[summons] Splorin' | Rainy and Foggy | Midmorning, AW, Summons for whoever is around

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Whaaaaat was thiiiiiis? A few wolves lived here! So her nose told her, and her nose was freaking fantabulous!

She’d noted it while she was, ahem, “expanding” her border patrol route. Just casually including the glade again, no big deal. But apparently there were some regular scents around here. Maybe even an attempt at border marking? Heck if she knew.

Well. She had to meet them, obviously. Maybe even… convince them to swing over lakeside.

She tossed her head back and howled giddily.

Jul 03, 2017 10:18 AM

[ ignore ]
[ Edited: Jul 12, 2017 05:32 PM by Beauregard ]
Name Player
Randy Citrus

He might not have been exactly “paying attention”, per say, the last time he made a trip to and from the glade, but. He was pretty sure that this particular roadblock was not in this particular spot the last time. Almost sure. Like, 90% sure, give or take 10%.

And by roadblock he meant the tiny wolf yowling for no one in particular in the middle of who gives a shit.

Last time it had been a big asshole stinking up the skies with his glorious baritone. Clearly two different things, and yes he was still salty.

Randy wasn’t worried about the couple wolfy scents lingering around the area. He knew quite well that just become someone pissed on a rock doesn’t mean its theirs. Not unless they could defend it, and if this tiny thing was all the resistance he was gonna face, then he was kinda liking his chances. “Where’s the fire, short-stack?”

Don’t ask him how long he’d been waiting to use that.

Jul 12, 2017 10:00 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Ryd Hal

Well, someone answered.

Ryd whirled, fur raising as she gave a toothy grin. “I’m the fire!” she claimed, which was probably somewhat rude to Alec all things considered, but he liked her, so.

“You my welcoming committee?”

Jul 13, 2017 01:10 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Randy Citrus

Oh, pardon him. She was the fire. He so did love the smell of burning wolf flesh in the morning. “Well I’m here, and I suppose you could call this welcoming.”

“Though, where I come from, they would rather settle with “trespassing”.”

Jul 13, 2017 01:41 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Snort. Major snort. “Calm your balls baby boy,” Ryd grinned, tail flagging high. “Ain’t come here to trespass. Just wanted to get to know my neighbors. Seeing as I’m in the pack east of here.”

She looked him over. A lanky thing, for a pack wolf. And was he not getting groomed enough?

“What’s your name?”

Jul 13, 2017 02:15 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Randy Citrus

Randy raised an eyebrow. Misunderstandings could be tedious, though not quite as tedious as explaining them was. Plus, if it made him seem more respectable, then who was he to complain? Him. In a pack. Yep. Totally something that could happen.

“East?” He was willing to admit that he didn’t know this particular area very well, but he did know what lied east of here. He had purposefully avoided skirting the lake because of them. No need getting them all upset by just breathing on their precious little island. “You with the Cadre?”

Jul 13, 2017 02:39 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Ryd Hal

He knew her pack! Of course he did. The Cadre was the best pack with her in it.

“Sure am,” she said, somewhat haughty in a goodnatured way, if that could be considered to be a thing that was real.

“What’s your pack’s name, East?”

Since he hadn’t answered her first question. Or maybe that was his name.

Jul 13, 2017 02:46 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Randy Citrus

Oh, haha. Right, well. Whatever.

“Spike,” he corrected, albeit belatedly. That Cadre sure seemed to be getting popular. First it was that asswipe who was looking for them, and he didn’t remember seeing this little fireball the last time he started something at their doorstep.

It pissed him off.

“And we go by the Hillside Sanctuary.” Because honestly the Firewing Brotherhood just wasn’t just his style. Hillside Sanctuary wasn’t, either, but it also wasn’t so irritatingly extra.

Jul 13, 2017 03:02 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Ryd Hal

“Spike!” Ryd laughed. “Like a cactus spike? You a prickly sort?”

But really, she was delighted. That and Hillside Sanctuary. “Well it’s very nice to meet you, Spike of the Hillside Sanctuary! I am Ryd, and you know the rest. Been here long?”

The answer was no, but you know. Ryd would be okay if he thought some nebulous time of less than a year was long.

Jul 14, 2017 08:50 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Randy Citrus

Prickly. “I guess that’s one way to put it.”

Ehh. Spike of the Hillside Sanctuary was even worse than Spike of the Firewing Brotherhood. Why couldn’t any pack just choose a normal sounding name for once. He could’ve been known as Spike from Spike’s Pack but noooo. He just had to be immortalized with some hippy-ass title.

Eugh.

“Long enough. What about you? I heard the Cadre’s looking for some new recruits. You one of ‘em?” She obviously hadn’t been around long to hear about how he’d gotten all “prickly” on her precious leader’s face. Had they forgotten about him already? Maybe they could use another reminder.

Jul 15, 2017 09:13 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Ryd Hal

He was a fun one. Ryd snorted and petted the dead dying dead grass.

“Not really. Was around when the leader was a little baby, but I left for a while and then came back recently. I go out and recruit and border patrol. What about you, what do you do in your pack?”

Maybe they could strike up an alliance. She was sure Pierre would love that.

Jul 17, 2017 01:41 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Randy Citrus

Hmm. The Cadre must’ve been in real bad shape if this was all the border patrol they could muster. Maybe that asswipe had choked on a bone and died on the way there.

“Reconnaissance, mostly. Just got back from a mission further south.” Which wasn’t wrong. The difference between scouting out an area for a pack versus for himself was that he didn’t get paid in food. Or friendship.

Jul 19, 2017 09:07 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Reconnaissance was a…

“Big word for a baby boy,” she grinned, minorly flirtatiously and mostly obviously sarcastic.“So what did you find in the south? I mostly found a buncha jerks.”

Jul 20, 2017 08:19 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Randy Citrus

Uh huh. Yep, that’s exactly what it was.

He didn’t mind sarcasm. In fact, Randy was quite fluent in it. Baby boy, however, just rubbed him the wrong way. It made him feel just as uncomfortable as when he had to sit through Fray sexing it up with that crazy bitch for the first time.

Just. Ugh. “Nothing particularly important. Couple-a packs. Though, I did run into my fair share of jerks.”

Jul 21, 2017 05:25 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Ryd Hal

“Yeah? Do tell,” she said, nodding to see if maybe he’d be cool walking and talking rather than just standing around awkward like.

Jul 21, 2017 10:35 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Randy Citrus

Randy supposed he didn’t mind taking a little walk instead. It would be a nice excuse for him to, er, mark his territory.

“There were some kids in the foothills by the beach, thought they were tough shit.” He casually lowered his snot to the ground, sniffing for where whatever pack scent was the strongest. For purely scientific purposes, of course. “Attacked me, but I managed to shut them up real quick.”

Jul 22, 2017 03:19 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.