Roleplay Forums | Map

Always darker days, before brighter ones
Few days after Val's death | Early morning EW

Name Player
Castor Atari
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100ooc helper profile

Castor was always a little out in his own head. He’d totally missed what happened in the pass few days because he.. Wasn’t here. He’d been exploring the area, slowly, methodically, poking his nose into each and every hole and crack till he felt something akin to familiarity. This could be a home, sure. He just needed to make it feel like.. Home.

He was coming back now, tail wagging, into the falls. It seemed.. Oddly different, and at first he could place it until he noticed. The dirt Tasha called Cree, was different. The spot beside it was turned over, freshly mounded. Something was.. Buried there.

How weird, honestly. Maybe Cree was what called their cache. Tentatively, he stepped forward, head tilted. No.. There was the scent of many wolves here, recent, and.. He felt wrong about digging whatever was under there up. Castor was having the creeps, actually, his spine starting to shiver as the kid unconsciously took a step back.

Something bad happened, he was pretty sure.

Jul 08, 2017 05:14 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eyja was looking for Castor, because she wanted to let him know her plans, and tell him about his plans, if he wanted those plans. In case Natasha had not come across him and not let him know. But this needed to happen, she needed to talk to her son and get things settled. She followed his scent, and it looked like he had been all over the place lately. But his scent was strongest as she went near the borders. Which meant he was out, right?

’‘Castor?’‘ Eyja called as she neared the borders, and as she went up the path, eventually she saw his light coat. He was looking at the graves. Castor had not been there during the burial, nor during the pack meeting. Did he know what had happened?

’‘You noticed there’s a second grave.’‘ she mentioned calmly, the observation was easily made. Because when they arrived here the first time, a few days back, there had only been one. ’‘Did anyone tell you what happened?’‘
Because if not, then she would tell him.

Jul 09, 2017 07:04 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Castor Atari
Achievements (?)

He heard his name, and swiveled towards the sound. A small amount of fear, or something, had taken over him staring at the creepy place.. But Eyja’s voice calmed him right down, because it was Eyja. She exuded nothing but calmness, when she wanted to, and right now she obviously wanted to.

“Grave?” Castor echoed in confusion. Ma, didn’t you realize? He had no idea what a grave was, because no one close to him had actually died. So, yeah. He wasn’t clued in here, and shook his head once to the question.

Blue eyes turned back to the grave, as it was called, and held a hint of morbid curiosity. “Something.. Bad happened. Was that it? I can smell the emotions..” Fear, hurt.. A lot of different things had been going on.

Jul 09, 2017 09:19 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

’‘Yes, grave.’‘ Eyja repeated, and her eyes fell on the graves in front of Castor. She went to stand by her son, and was quiet for a moment. A moment of silence in respect for the dead. ’‘Dead wolves are buried here. The right grave is for Cree, who died a while back. A few days ago… I helped bury another wolf.’‘

Her voice was calm but also rather quiet. She took her eyes off the graves to look at Castor. ’‘I don’t know what happened… But we will ever get to meet Valentina. We found her body, here at the borders. She was dead. Didn’t breathe anymore…’‘

A little sigh left Eyja’s mouth. ’‘We are brothers now, the new leader Marzena decided that. But, we will never get to know the former leader, the one who we were looking for.’‘
The one that was laying there in front of them, under the dirt.

Jul 09, 2017 10:33 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Castor Atari
Achievements (?)

Dead wolves were buried here? Odd. Castor’s brow crinkled, regarding the mounds of earth quizzically. Why bury them? Why not let them rot back into the earth, like other creatures did? Maybe it was a special thing for wolves, but he silently thought he’d like to be left alone when he was dead. Though now wasn’t the time to say so, and upset Ma.

“I’m sorry, Ma,” he murmured, reaching out to boop his nose into her cheek. Eyja seemed saddened, or at least quieter than usual, and it made him worried for her. Why was she even like this, when they didn’t know this Valentina?

The important thing was they were now brothers. Cas nodded once, happy Ma got what she wanted. He didn’t even mind the pack members so far, and this was where Asha and Bree would come, if they did come back. “Did anyone see Asha and Bree? Or do you think they.. Aren’t coming..?” he asked softly, looking back down at the graves.

Maybe his sisters were in one, now.

Jul 10, 2017 09:38 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Castor apologized, and Eyja did not know what for. She looked at him for a moment, smiling lightly but not saying anything. Not until Castor asked about his sisters. ’‘We have to have hope.’‘ she told her son, looking back to the graves and staring at them, n thought. ’‘That’s what I came to talk to you about. Did Natasha tell you that she wanted to take you to the Alliance, and help you look for your sisters?’‘ Eyja asked him.

She had something to add to that, right away. ’‘I was planning that, now that we have found the Brotherhood and I know you are safe, I would go out and search for your sisters and father. Maybe you can go with Natasha, and I can go another way. Split up for a moment and cover more ground. We could find them.’‘

Jul 10, 2017 10:14 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Castor Atari
Achievements (?)

Yeah, Natasha wanted to help him look for Bree and Asha, but uh.. Castor didn’t want to say this, but he hadn’t even thought about looking for them on the upcoming trip. He’d.. given up hope. But if Ma hadn’t, and she told him not to, he’d hold onto whatever hope was left to them. “Yeah, I asked to go. She said she’d help me look around here, too, cause she knows the area super well.”

The thought of Ma splitting up to look sent a thrill of fear down his spine. No.. No no no.. “No!” Cas blurted out, voice a little strangled. He shouted it, before he could help himself, his head falling down as his eyes threatened to cry. Something he hadn’t done since a young kid.

“Ma I.. Please stay here? I’m.. Scared to lose you too. If you go somewhere I don’t know and something happens I won’t be able to find you..” he admitted softly, suddenly reaching out and pressing his face into her shoulders.

He didn’t want her to become one of those wolves, under the dirt.

Jul 11, 2017 02:55 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Oh, Castor knew, because he had asked to go, himself. Well, that was good. He was getting mature, and grown up. Eyja remembered the day they were so small, the three of them. It felt like not that long ago…

Castor’s sudden outburst made Eyja’s body freeze, startled for a moment. A clear and loud ‘‘no’‘. She stared at him, one ear flicking. He did not want her to go, he did not want her to get hurt. It was very sweet, but Eyja felt she had to do this. She had failed her two daughters, as a mother. ’‘Castor, sweetie.’‘ she began, softly, and she nudged him.

’‘I will be fine. I’ve survived abuse and slavery. I can handle myself. I promise I won’t get hurt, and that I won’t go far. I promise I will come back safely, and not hurt. I just have to do this. I would feel like a terrible mother if I did not search for your sisters at least once.’‘ Eyja explained, and she licked the side of his head once. ’‘I want to find them. I want to know what happened to them. I want closure.’‘

Either kind of closure. Either way she would find them alive and bring them back, or she would find them dead and bury them. She just didn’t want to live in the dark anymore, in the dark about their lives.

Jul 12, 2017 08:16 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Castor Atari
Achievements (?)

It was so rare Ma used pet names with him, or even made contact at all, that when she did, he couldn’t help the smallest of sniffles escaping him. Don’t cry, boys don’t cry. Last time he cried was way, way long ago, and he wasn’t going to do it again. Gulping, he wiped his face subtly with a paw, and nodded a little at her words.

Ma was a strong wolf. The scariest, if she wanted to be. He didn’t know what she meant by slavery, but he understood abuse and pulled a frown. Who did that to his mother?

“You can’t promise that,” he told her softly, realistically. She couldn’t promise nothing bad would happen. A million things beyond her control, might occur, and.. He’d be alone.

Was it worse to be alone, or be with someone who always felt terrible for not doing something?

Castor pressed his face into Eyja’s cheek, sighing. “I understand, Ma.. Just.. Try to be safe please? I will too, when we go.”

If they were lucky.. Everything would be okay.

Jul 12, 2017 10:59 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He was right. But Eyja could promise something else, instead. Something that would make more sense. ’‘I know… I promise I will try my best not to get hurt. How does that sound?’‘ she asked him. It probably did not sound any better, and it probably would not make Castor feel any better, but she promised she would try. For him, and for his sisters. And for Korsteel. If he was still out there, somewhere. She missed him so much. She missed all of them. She never thought she would ever feel like this. It never really showed on her face, her emotions, but she did feel them deep inside.

’‘I promise I will try to be safe, and I’m happy you will try the same. I won’t be gone long, I will scout around the forest, and near the mountains. I will not go in any other direction. Just south, and back up to here.’‘ she told him, and that was a promise. Because she was sure that if the other family members were still alive, they had not gone anywhere else but north. So they should be between the forest and the mountains, if not then still in the mountains. And Eyja just had to try.

She gave him a little nuzzle, for some good luck, and to show she loved him. Even though she barely said that. She was not like that. But, she could try to be like that, slowly. She had become more loving over time. Eyja realized having pups was the best thing that had ever happened to her, besides meeting Korsteel.

Jul 12, 2017 01:23 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Castor Atari
Achievements (?)

There, Ma. That was a better thing to promise him, something he could grasp on to. He appreciated her telling him where she planned to search, and nodded once to it. “Thanks Ma.. I’ll miss you, when we leave,” Castor murmured, suddenly surprised by the nuzzle she gave him.

Ma so rarely showed affection, but it was more and more these days. Castor pulled a smile for her, and pressed back into her fur with a soft sigh. “I love you.. We’ll be okay. I’ll be safe, you’ll see.” The kid pulled back then, grinning somewhat. “Plus. I’m a pretty big guy if you haven’t noticed. I can hold my own.”

Not that he’d ever gotten into a serious fight.. But if push came to shove.. Castor would like to think he could do pretty well.

Jul 13, 2017 10:04 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

’‘I’ll miss you too.’‘ Eyja spoke softly, looking at her son. He said he loved her, and Eyja wanted to say the same thing but… she had never said it before. At least, not much. Once or twice to Korsteel, never to anyone else. At least, not that she could remember. ’‘I-’‘ she began, but she was unable o bring out the words, and she shot Castor an apologetic look, just for a second.

’‘Yeah, you sure are a big guy.’‘ Eyja said, smiling lightly at her boy now. He was so big. Months ago, he was just a tiny furball. And now, he was twice as big as Eyja, even… bigger. It was insane, to realize he had been so tiny, back then. ’‘But you will always be my little boy.’‘
It was the biggest way of affection Eyja was able to show.

Jul 13, 2017 12:13 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Castor Atari
Achievements (?)

Castor wasn’t oblivious to her stammer.. Nor the apologetic look. The boy gave her a soft expression, a small smile gracing his features. “I know, Ma. It’s okay..” Of course she loved him, and there was no need to say it out loud if she couldn’t bring herself to.

Besides, he made him all warm and fuzzy in another way. His chest puffed up when she called him big, Cas looking pretty dang proud of himself, till he was called her ‘little boy’. Then he puffed, and rolled his eyes jokingly. “Maaaa I’m not little anymoooore,” he groaned, rolling over so he was on his side, all dramatically.

“Buuuut if you wanna bring me food and snuggle a bit, not going to complain,” Castor joked. Even if he was a big, almost fully grown Castor, he still missed being a puppy once in a while.

Jul 14, 2017 09:45 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

’‘I know you’re not little anymore but you gotta expect that your parents are gonna treat you little.’‘ Eyja responded with a little scoff, and a small smirk appeared on her face. ’‘That’s what parents do.’‘ She was pretty sure other parents did it too. After all, the kids still felt little to her. Even though Castor was basically towering over her. He was still younger, and a boy. He was her son. That’s how it worked.

’‘You’re old enough to get your own food now, mister.’‘ she spoke calmly, understanding it was a joke. She might now and then bring him something to eat, though. Eyja wasn’t the most open wolf but she wasn’t cruel.

One last snuggle against his chest fur, since he was so much bigger than her, and Eyja pulled back, looking him in the eyes. ’‘Do you know when you’re leaving for the Alliance?’‘
Eyja would probably leave for her search the same day as Castor left.

Jul 15, 2017 05:30 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Castor Atari
Achievements (?)

Ma smirked, teasing back for once, and it made him smile crookedly. “I don’t mind, really. As long as I’m always your big boy,” he chuckled, thinking back to what Marigold had said about couples having more than one litter of pups.. Ma wouldn’t though. He’d always be the only one, her big little guy.

“Awww nuts,” he pretended to sigh, hugging her with his front limbs till she pulled away. The Alliance.. Um.. No idea to be honest. “Soon I think? I dunno, whenever Tasha tells me to go, I’ll go. We won’t be long, promise,” Castor swore, because he’d always come home.

No matter what, he’d come home.

Fade here maybe? :3

Jul 17, 2017 10:16 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

’‘Okay, as soon as you go out to the Alliance, I will move towards the mountains, and see if I can find either Bree or Asha.’‘ Eyja responded. She needed to find them. Even if she would just find bodies, then at least she would have some closure. She just hoped they were out there. Korsteel, too.

With Korsteel not around, and only Castor to care about, it did not even occur to Eyja that it was winter, and that her heat would be coming anytime soon. She did not think about a second litter right now. It was not in her plans. She lived in the hear and now. Right now all she wanted to do was find her missing family and reunite everyone.

[Fadeeee <3]

Jul 17, 2017 01:19 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.