Roleplay Forums | Map

I miss you
Early winter, afternoon

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Castor had not been happy with Eyja leaving, but she felt she had to. However, she decided to stick close to the Falls for now, just to keep Castor at ease. She would probably go a little bit further once she was truly sure he was gone. Just so she would not worry him too much. The poor thing was already scared enough.

She decided to go past the borders, into the Glen. And while she sniffed in search of any familiar scents, she decided to make it her duty to scent mark the place, as well. Now and then she sniffed for scents, then she would rub her side against trees to leave behind her mark. Rubbing her face into bushes. Sniffing again. Marking another tree, sniffing again-

Nothing. Sigh. Nothing that could help her. Maybe she should just move out of the Glen and take another look at the mountains.

[Keeping this vague considering Marzena came across Bree but had not yet had a thread to bring her to Eyja. Let’s consider Eyja is sniffing in the wrong part of the Glen.]

Jul 12, 2017 08:23 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Igbo lingered as an Igbo does. Currently, he was feeling quite mischievous. He was pushing the boundaries of whatever pack of wolves that were there. And now he had a wolf marking territory, were they? A little far from the planted border of the pack.

Thus, the petite ashen male followed a decent distance behind. As the little angel up ahead, rubbed against trees, so did Igbo. With a whisk, he let himself slide against the trees, his matte black fur mingling its smell over the white wolf’s. Oops, did he do that?

Igbo wasn’t exactly stealthy either. He didn’t necessarily avoid the sticks and crunchy fallen leaves. He would cover the wolf’s scent though.

Jul 12, 2017 10:37 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

As she marked, she noticed sounds behind her. Of creaking twigs and crunching leaves. Someone was there. Eyja stopped, and turned, ears perked and eyes a deep stare. ’‘If you’re following me, cut t out and tell me what you want.’‘ she told the wolf, spotting him. A black wolf, a male. She turned fully, and stared at him.

’‘I hope you know you’re close to pack territory. I would watch out if I were you.’‘ she told him, not afraid at all. So far this guy had not done anything yet, but she had the feeling he was following her around, and she wanted to know why. It was not nice to stalk others.

Jul 12, 2017 01:27 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Igbo slowly stopped walking. With poise, he lifted each tiny paw of his forward exactly two more times before halting. He flicked his head to the side, as if confused. Igbo was more so intrigued. A pack wolf was finally before him, amber eyes twinkling at the female.

Igbo Black voice poured out like an unbroken steam, smooth and silky,“I have been here for a while, but it is the first time I have come across a pack wolf….”

He smiled gently, still intently staring at the white female.

“Igbo Black,” he introduced,“the pleasure is all mine, though, I did not realize what kind of pack was residing here. Should I only be worried of being attacked?”

Or is there something else I should be worried about?

Give Igbo some information.

Jul 12, 2017 09:05 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

’‘I see, so you wanted to meet a pack wolf?’‘ she asked the black guy, watching him carefully. She did not move, not at all. She calmly stared at him. ’‘What do you want from a pack wolf?’‘ Eyja asked him after a few seconds of silence, trying to find his motives for being here, so close to the borders.

’‘Eyja.’‘ she spoke calmly when he introduced himself. ’‘And I’m not sure. Depends on what you plan to do. Pack’s don’t always like it when strangers are lurking around near the borders. Like you were lurking.’‘
Because Eyja had definitely heard him try to sneak. ’‘The Firewing Brotherhood lives here. What do you want with the pack?’‘

Jul 13, 2017 03:42 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

((( “she asked the black guy” lmao)))

Igbo shrugged carelessly in response to Eyja’s interrogation. What do you want with the pack? It was a natural draw for him. The mixture of smells, all the different wolves here. Especially the environment here. From the casting shadows, to the sprouting plants, to the jagged dips and turns, it was everything. A wonderland for the wolf barely bigger than a coyote. Curiosity brought him. Curiosity had also killed the cat, would it kill Mister Igbo Black?

Igbo’s small experience with wolf groups obviously was rooted in his birth pack. The society there was rough. Formed on a culture based on feverish devotion to the deities that revolved around death and life, Igbo had limited experience, but he doubted a multitude of other packs could follow such a regime.

Igbo stepped slightly forward, closer to Ejya. He spoke calmly in return,“I am interested. Now, I know that the pack is called the Firewing Brotherhood. I do not have any intentions for the Brotherhood. How can I, if I know nothing of you and your pack?”

Jul 13, 2017 09:53 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

’‘Well, I would say, if a stranger follows a pack wolf around, I assume they want to know something about the pack.’‘ Eyja responded, and she guessed she was right. He said he was interested, but what kind of interest did he have? Interest in information? Interest in joining? He needed to be a bit more specific there.

’‘So you simply want information on the pack? No interest in joining, or maybe you do?’‘ she asked some more, eyeing this wolf carefully. He was sort of polite, in a way. But he seemed to be a sly type, as well. She did not want to give out too much information on thee pack she had only just joined. She did not even know that much about it. But she was interested in finding out what this guy wanted to know. ’‘I didn’t join too long ago, so I’m afraid I cannot give you much information.’‘

And she was not really in the mood to talk cryptic with strangers. Dear god, she was marking the borders and on her way to search for her daughters. She did not have all day.

Jul 14, 2017 04:57 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“To be frank, I enjoy the environment here. It suits my needs. I simply came upon the border a few days ago.” Igbo spoke with a slight sour smile. There was truth in his words. He hadn’t ~simply~ came across the border a few days ago. It was in fact realistic, not truthful though.

Eyja had joined recently. So they were accepting members? She appeared to be leaving the area. Interesting. On a mission, little angel? So was Igbo Black. Was it good or bad? Was she running away or on a quest? How was the nature of the pack?

“I won’t join a pack until I investigate what it is like first.”

Yeah.. Igbo was not going to have a blood contact again.

Jul 15, 2017 02:45 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

’‘I see.’‘ Eyja spoke calmly. Igbo seemed to be looking for a place to stay, maybe. But so far he just wanted to know what the pack was like. He was a smart guy, she had to give him that. ’‘The members are very respectful. They were welcoming, when I and my son told them we were willing to join their ranks.’‘
That was as much as Eyja knew of the pack. That, and that the leader had died and been replaced by the Second in Command. But she would not speak of that.

’‘We do want to protect the pack from unwanted attention, of course.’‘ she added after a little bit. But then again, what pack didn’t want to do that? She very much assumed the Firewing Brotherhood wanted to protect their borders. Because, why else would there be scent marks everywhere? Duh.

Jul 15, 2017 02:54 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Are all packs within the valley the same as the Brotherhood, then? Welcoming?”

A regular pack were they? Respectful, welcoming, blah. Why were they called the Firewing Brotherhood? The Brotherhood implied something. A strong defense, a strong offense. It’s a brotherhood.. Perhaps, Igbo was looking at it wrong. There needed to be a flame inside the pack to keep it alive. A type of unity.

“Surely, one wolf, such as myself,” Igbo was implying his stature, thin and tiny,“would cause no instigation.” With narrowed eyes, Igbo awaited her response.

Jul 15, 2017 03:11 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

’‘I’m not sure if the other packs are. This is the only pack I’ve actually met members from.’‘ Eyja said, not including the members from the Sacred Guard. That pack had been disbanded, anyway. It had died out, and Eyja was no longer part of it. It was the Firewing Brotherhood, now. ’‘Been a rogue most of my life.’‘ That was also a truth.

’‘Maybe not.’‘ Eyja responded after a little bit, ’‘But you can never be too certain, right?’‘ A little smile appeared on her face, it almost looked like a smirk.

’‘Tell me, mister Igbo. What are you looking for?’‘
Basically, she was asking why he was still here wasting her time. But of course she would not be impolite. ’‘A meeting with the leader?’‘

Yes, what were his intentions? Why had he followed her around, anyway? He was sort of playing around with her, Eyja had the feeling, and she did not like it.

Jul 16, 2017 10:53 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Eyja was certainly a sassy one. It made him miss Luxurious a little. Was she around? What was she up too?

Maybe not?

Igbo’s eyebrow perked up. Maybe not? He mused to himself. Was he making an impression? Good.

He nodded slightly at her words,“Yes ma’m, better safe than sorry is always the way.”

Igbo carefully paused his words and glanced around him, gazing at the foliage in all its glory. Winter would destroy it all. Not Igbo though. A tugging smirk hooked the corners of his lips as he spoke pleasantly,“I am not looking for anything really. Nothing a leader can do.”

Returning his hazel stare at the white female,“It appears that it is time for me to go, dear Eyja.” Dear Eyja was slinking in a little close with sharp words, returning his eerie tone. Igbo needed to keep her at bay. His exit was imminent.

However, Igbo remained where he was.

Jul 17, 2017 12:05 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Ah, he was getting it now. Indeed, better safe than sorry. He did not want Eyja to call the other pack wolves if he did anything bad, right? No that there was anyone else around right now. But he did not need to know that. Their scents were still strong; they had left only a day ago. Maybe two days ago, maximum. It was just Eyja now, and maybe that Stark boy? She wasn’t sure who else was still around.

His words were mysterious. And mysterious was what intrigued Eyja. ’‘Nothing a leader can do?’‘ Eyja asked him, eyes on Igbo. What was he planning? What was he trying to do? He sure was an interesting guy.

He wanted to leave, without giving her an answer? Hmmm, interesting. ’‘Leaving so soon, mister Black?’‘ she asked him, almost teasing, eyes stayed on him. She never moved a muscle. She just stood there casually.

She had wanted him to go at first, but now she was really curious to find out what he wanted. But if he decided to leave without a word, alas. She would just get back to searching for her family, she decided.

Jul 17, 2017 01:25 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Igbo expected her to leave abruptly, but now she was hooked? Mr. Black would not back down from her challenge. Let’s play then.

Nothing a leader can do

Yes, no leader could give Igbo his desire. It was his to get.

“I do not wish to keep you too prolonged from your walk, more so I would say your destination, Eyja.” A gentle smile. A courteous nod. Everything a normal wolf would do, right? Though, his pumpkin eyes scintillated. A slight quirk of an eyebrow. A small swish of his thin sickly tail.

Mister Black remained in his spot.

Jul 17, 2017 02:15 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Eyja Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

’‘I see. Well, I have all day.’‘ she responded. First making her curious and then refusing to answer her? How rude. How interesting. Interesting wolves intrigued Eyja. ’‘I was just marking the borders, and having a look out for my family, that’s all.’‘
It was not okay, though. She really needed to find her missing family. But she kind of wanted this mister Black guy to reveal his secrets.

She just wanted to know what his little mind was planning. ’‘Why being so secretly, Igbo?’‘ Eyja asked him, raising a brow. ’‘Don’t tell me the Brotherhood has to keep an eye on you.’‘ Eyja was half teasing and half serious. They were playing a game, but of course Eyja would play it safe.

Jul 17, 2017 02:31 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

I have all day

Huh. Okay. Looking for your family, though? Are they looking for you, Eyja? Do they have all day too? Igbo did not have all day.

Why being so secretive, Igbo

Mocking him, was she? The name as a punctuation to the sentence. Mr. Black would let some venom drip.

“Does your family have all day, like you, Eyja?”

It was not a threat. It might sound like one.

Igbo cocked his head as if he was confused. He wasn’t. Amber eyes still cackled at such a game. He slightly hated games. He eventually dropped them when he got tired of it or break persona.

“Here I believed that the Firewing Brotherhood was an open, welcoming pack. Or is their, and your, motto better safe, than sorry?”

Igbo did not fear Eyja, the lone pack wolf. He did not perceive her as violent. He was not walking on thin ice like he would when speaking to meatballs, like Damien. Mr. Black wanted his own meatball. The best meatballs tend to not be in a pack. Eyja was no meatball. Though, he would still be wary due to her questions. She was searching for answers.

Even the little can take down the big. Could the little take down the little though? Why, it happens every day.

Igbo smiled like it was a pleasant day, and he simply watching the clouds go by.

Jul 17, 2017 03:15 PM — Post #15

[ Edited: Jul 17, 2017 03:28 PM by Igbo ]
Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.