Roleplay Forums | Map

This might be the end…
[summons] Early winter, afternoon --- calling for the remaining Cadre wolves!

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames

Pierre had gotten… a lot to think about. Blaise had mentioned puppies, the pack was pretty much in shambles. The puppies would not be safe here. He had tried to lead the pack to greatness again but it did not seem to work. And he had not heard of Ryd in a while and he just worried that this would never get better again… They were low on numbers, they would be unable to defend themselves. He had given this a lot of thought. A lot. But he needed to know what everyone else thought. He needed to know what the others wanted to do.

This might be the end of the Cadre… or it might not be. Pierre just wanted to talk about everything, and he wanted to try and find a solution to everything. With a sigh, he brought his head up to the sky, and howled. He called, hoping they would come. He wanted to see how many had remained.

Jul 13, 2017 09:01 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Faithful Awbrey Meeko

Leaving it vague if Faith knows everyone is gone bc I don’t know how much Pierre is going to tell her in the Prodigal Girl thread!

Faith was home, and she was home to stay and that meant that she was determined to be something in the Cadre. She wanted to prove to Pierre that she was not just pup anymore, or just another cohort…Faithful wanted more. She wanted to be set apart from the rest.

And lucky for her, Pierre was calling, giving her the perfect chance to talk to him about maybe working towards a new rank, and seeing everyone else that she hadn’t seen for a while. The Grove was small and she stayed relatively close to her brother since she’d returned, she she was quick to arrive.

Despite being small and thin and looking a bit scraggly, Faithful showed up with a determined grin on her face. Because she wasn’t going to just sit around and mope anymore, and that was exciting.

“Hey Pierre,” she greeted, trotting right up to the Keeper and giving him a little lick on his nose before planting herself at his side.

Jul 13, 2017 09:10 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Blaise Rivers Loveboxer

Blaise followed behind Pierre like his shadow, moving to his side once he stopped. She gave him a quick bump of comfort, before falling still.

She would stay here, by his side. Until he told her to go elsewhere.

She waited for others to appear. And Faithful didn’t disappoint. She merely moved to the other side for the female to sit there.

Jul 13, 2017 09:12 AM — Post #2

Scarce

Name Player
Charcoal Nearus

Upon hearing a howl summoning him, Char had started running almost immediately. He knew that voice, knew if Pierre was summoning everyone something was up. Were they getting attacked again? Had someone return? Was it Lulla?

As the thought of Lulla flooded into his mind, sticking around as his main focus now, the male pushed himself as fast as his paws would enable him to go. If someone had returned he hoped it was her, he had promised to protect her after all and he didn’t feel like he had been keeping that promise. He hadn’t even be able to find her…

“Pierre!” He called as he broke into the clearing, stopping just before he reached Pierre. “What’s… Up..?” He asked in-between breathes of air, lowing his hind to the ground. Yes he was outta breath, but that didn’t stop him from looking around quickly. “Attack? Someone come back?”

Jul 13, 2017 09:22 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames

[Gonna go ahead with loose posting order, with each new round starting with Pierre. Should make things easier and go faster. C:]

Faithful arrived first, and then Blaise, who stood beside him. He smiled a her when she bumped him, glad she was here with him. And then Charcoal arrived, and Pierre looked at his brother, smile fading. This was a serious matter, and he needed to address things. ’‘Faithful came back.’‘ he began, smiling at his sister for a moment, before looking between all of them. Blaise, Charcoal, Faithful. No Zak, no Amy, no Ryd. Where were they? Was this really everyone? Was this it? Four wolves. Just… four?

’‘Is this everyone?’‘ he asked, confused, worried. ’‘No one else is coming?’‘
Where was Courage? Junior? Albus? Fuck… ’‘Well… as you all might have noticed, the pack is low on numbers. Winter is here, and it will only get colder. During winter, bad things tend to happen more easily. With food being scarce and all, wolves turning on each other, especially rogues.’‘

He took a moment to let that sink in, as he watched at each of them. ’‘We cannot protect each other with such few numbers. I wanted to know your opinion on something. I’ve… considered disbanding the Cadre, and finding us a safer place. Another pack, with bigger numbers, who are able to help us.’‘

Another moment of silence, Pierre tried to see the responses on their face. With Ryd not here, and just these few wolves, Pierre had decided it was better to go somewhere else. ’‘I would no longer be your leader. I would step down. After finding us all a safe place. What do you guys think we should do? Do you agree with this idea, or would you rather stay here?’‘

Pierre wanted what was best for the pack, but he also took other’s opinions in consideration.

Jul 13, 2017 12:56 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Ryd Hal

SHE WAS COMING, OKAY.

SHE WAS DOING THINGS LIKE WATCHING BORDERS AND CHECKING OUT NEIGHBORING TERRITORY.

RYD SENT OUT A HOWL TO SAY SHE WAS COMING.

Jul 13, 2017 01:07 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Blaise Rivers Loveboxer

Okay.

Pierre, check.

Faithful, check.

Herself, check.

Charcoal, check.

Disembodied howling in the distance, ch-.

WAIT WHO THE FUCK. Blaise’s head turned so fast she could have sworn she should have broken her neck. Her eyes shot over to Pierre, subtly shifting to shield him if needed.

Jul 13, 2017 01:58 PM — Post #6

Scarce

Name Player
Charcoal Nearus

Charcoal blinked at his brother, growing in confusion the more Pierre spoke. He did have a few good points, the food, the lack of members, the fact that it was very hard to protect each other, though somethings didn’t sound right to him. Wouldn’t it be better if they stayed as a pack?

“So… A bigger pack? Would you be leader of this pack?” Char asked slowly, narrowing his gaze at the snow in front of his paws. “It’s safer in a pack, right? And we know this area best, right? Why can’t the new pack members come over here?” Maybe he just wasn’t able to understand things the way Pierre did, because this was all getting him so lost now.

Jul 14, 2017 08:32 AM — Post #7

Scarce

Name Player
Courage Awbrey Nearus

Off white paws trotted along, their owner having heard a howl summoning him towards the main den. Honestly, it had sounded as if it was for more then just him, so he wasn’t really surprised once he pushed his way through the bushes and found most of the pack there. Well, what was left anyway.

“What’s up, Pear?” He asked as he moved over to his brother, taking a seat right next to him and laying his tail against his. “You found Mama? Papa?”

Jul 14, 2017 08:59 AM — Post #8

[ Edited: Jul 15, 2017 09:16 AM by Courage ]
Name Player
Faithful Awbrey Meeko

Faith grinned at Pierre as he announced her return, then looked apologetically at Charcoal and random female who smelled a lot like Pierre? Weird. “Uh, who are you,” she asked flatly.

Then it hit her, like a tidal wave crashing down all around her. This was…it? All that was left of their pack? Just the four of them, not Mama or Dad or Albus or Courage or Junior. She was instantly disheartened, her posture wilting as she sat. Pierre started to talk, and Faithful listened with one ear swiveled in his direction. But her eyes and her mind were elsewhere, gaze scanning the area in hopes that someone else would arrive. A howl rang out, but she didn’t recognize it.

Wait. Pierre was talking about leaving. “Leave?” she asked, gaze snapping to his darkened face. “But…how would everyone else know where we went?” She didn’t come back here just to leave and find some other place to live. She came back to live here, with the Cadre. With her family. With…Courage?!

Her brother joined the group, and Faithful almost pounced on him, and then actually pounced on him, snuggling into whatever bit of fur she could. He was here. Courage hadn’t left. He was so big now!

Jul 14, 2017 08:00 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames

Was that… Ryd’s howl? Ryd was coming? Pierre listened, and decided that if she was coming, he needed to hold off for a bit with his explanation. Because everyone needed to be here, and he needed to make sure everyone agreed. Pierre just wanted to make sure everyone was safe…

Charcoal asked him things Pierre and him had already discussed. Maybe Charcoal had forgotten… either way, Pierre felt inclined to explain. But not exactly right now. Not when not everyone was present yet. Where was Ryd?

’‘I would not, Charcoal. Remember our conversations from a few day before?’‘ he asked his brother, calmly, gently. And the, Courage arrived, and Pierre was dumbfounded! Courage had come back just like Faithful!? This… this was a plus. This was good!

Faithful did not seem too happy about the idea. Pierre wanted to make sure she felt comfortable. ’‘I would come here, every few days. I promise.’‘

’‘Let’s way for Ryd to arrive before I explain more… There’s a lot I want to talk about. And I need all your opinions.’‘

[Courage has an open bold tag. D:]

Jul 14, 2017 11:37 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Blaise Rivers Loveboxer

Blaise glanced in an unamused fashion, before just dropping the pompous stuff. She was talking to a pup for fucks sake.

Blaise Rivers. ” She said. Then, her eyes focused back on Pierre, and the pups next to him.

Those could be ours one day Before she rapidly looked away, face heating up.

No Blaise.

Jul 15, 2017 08:04 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Ryd Hal

Ryd came soon enough, huffing and puffing and having entirely missed the conversation. She gave a softly growly exhale, entirely due to being something exhausted, and flopped onto the dried and shriveled floor of the grove.

“Sup?!” she barked with a wild panting grin to everyone, though she was only familiar with a few of them. Busy recruiting and border patrolling and all that.

Jul 15, 2017 04:38 PM — Post #12

Scarce

Name Player
Charcoal Nearus

Charcoal was happy as he waited, seeing a lot of old faces come to this meeting. There were more left then him and his brother had first thought, even Courage made an appearance after such a long time. The older brother shot the two pups a smile, wagging his tail that they were safe, though the thought of Albus and Junior entered his mind. Were they too alright?

As more entered and Pierre spoke up the male turned and found a female speaking to Faithful. The pup seemed uninterested and jumped her brother, the female answering her question soon after. Interesting, this was the female his brother had the hots for. Char tilted his head somewhat, wondering what made her so special that she gained his younger brother’s love so quickly?

He stood up and went to move around, stopping once he saw both of Pierre’s sides were taken. Instead he padded in front of his brother somewhat, making sure to stop partly in front of Blaise as well. “How old are you?” He bluntly asked, apparently going on the defensive over his brother. He was the older one after all, therefore he needed to make sure she was right for him, no?

Jul 16, 2017 09:32 AM — Post #13

Scarce

Name Player
Courage Awbrey Nearus

Courage jumped slightly, letting out a soft yelp of both surprise and fear as his sister tackled him. Was she okay? Had she missed him this much? Now that he thought about it, he had been gone for quite some time. He giggled and licked at her face, wiggling around under her weight until he could fully sit up once more.

The pup peered at the female that his sister had addressed, saying what sounded like her name before once more growing quiet. Why was she so close to his brother? Courage sniffed the air in her direction a few times, trying to gain an opinion of her by her smell first. “Why is that lady next to, Pear?” He softly whispered at Faithful.

Jul 17, 2017 06:44 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Pierre D'Augusta Jeames

Okay, thank god Ryd arrived because everyone was getting distracted and forgetting about the things at hand. He needed to talk to the others, ask their opinion, he needed to do this now. He could not have them lose focus. ’‘Ryd, hello.’‘ he spoke, expression serious. His eyes went over the others then, and he straightened himself. ’‘Everyone, can I please get your attention.’‘ he spoke loud and clear. This needed to be addressed, and he needed to address it right now. Everyone was forgetting why they were here.

’‘I called you all together to talk about the Starfall Cadre. As you might know, winter is upon us. And as you might have known, a lot of our family has vanished over the past few months.’‘ he spoke, and he did not want anyone to interrupt him anymore. He looked at all of them, expression still serious, it never changed. ’‘We’re low on numbers. Very low. And I don’t think anyone new has joined in the past few weeks.’‘

Eyes fell on Ryd now, because she had wanted the pack to grow again. Her absence made Pierre assume she had gone out looking to recruit wolves. But so far, Pierre had met no one new. ’‘We might have enough wolves to get through winter, but I don’t want to risk it. Not with the recent attacks. We had trouble keeping our attackers out, and we still had a few more members, when the attacks happened. If the attacks happen again, we might lose lives… The pack used to be so much bigger, I’m afraid it will not get better.’‘

Yes, it was about the attacks. The fear that if any pups would be born upcoming spring, that they would not be able to protect and feed said pups. That those assholes would come back to hurt them. The world was full of danger. ’‘I want safety and stability for all our remaining members, but I fear we won’t get that there. We have two pups remaining in the pack, and only a handful of adults.’‘

Let that sink in. let them listen to his reasoning, to the reasons why staying here and staying the Starfall Cadre would be a bad idea. Sure, they could try, but they were losing way more wolves than they gained. And if he and Blaise ever got pups… he did not want them to grow up knowing fear. Knowing danger. He did not want that, at all.

’‘I wanted to tell you, that we might have to disband. Seek a safer place to live. We need more wolves, and if we cannot bring them here, we might have to go to them, instead.’‘
Yeah, Pierre had thought about this for a long time. ’‘I’ve been thinking about two packs, two of our alliances, who might help us.’‘

’‘Tell me your opinions, please.’‘

Pierre hoped everyone would think logical.
He did not want to waste time anymore. There was not enough time for pleasantries.

Jul 17, 2017 07:19 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.