Roleplay Forums | Map

Whoooooho-ho-ho-oah! 
Moonrise Bay, southern coast | Early Winter | Midday | Cloudy, cold |

Name Player
Sunfall Chris the Rebel Wolf
Achievements (?)
helper

Sunfall had chased a hare up through the pines and managed to snare it at last by a back leg, dragging it in for a clean kill. But as he lifted his muzzle, surprised by the scent of salt because he thought the ocean was to the west, he padded onward, and found himself standing on the edge of a giant bay, his hare dropping at his paws. For about a minute he just stared, having no idea there was more ocean so close. The skies had cleared after the morning rain and now beams of light pushed through the dissipating clouds, pillars of light that touched the water and lit up what appeared to be a massive island in the middle of the bay. Despite the cold he immediately wanted to swim out there to see what it was like upon it. Sunfall could see otters fishing down in the calm waters and the calls of seabirds were everywhere as they picked over the beach. This place was HUGE! His tail started to wag unconsciously behind him.

Then, unable to contain his excitement at the sheer brilliance of the land he saw in front of him, he lifted his muzzle and howled his delight to the entire bay. About three hundred or so started seabirds took flight at the sound. Sunfall let out a bark of glee and like an oversized puppy, he raced down to the beach and chased them, exactly like he and Carl had once done.

He couldn’t wait to explore this place! Maybe he’d go get Tidus and Yuna and Laura, and them and he and Saski could all check it all out!

Jul 13, 2017 06:56 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Malachi Captain Jack Sparrow
Achievements (?)
None yet!

This place was painstakingly unfamiliar to Malachi. He grumbled under his breath at the clouds overhead. They did not remind him of the dark-pelted beauty that circulated his dreams.

Last night, when he looked at the sky, he had hoped for the speckled darkness to let him see it, but instead, he received nothing more than a powdered nothingness. His obsession had travelled into his dreams, his thoughts, his wants; he wanted the night to remind him of her, and as winter dawned, he felt over compelled to fulfil his lust for her.

The night, however, made it hard for him, and he quietly cursed it for its misdeeds.

This place, too, was about as favourable as a dead rat. Only good for a short period of time, then it lost its use. Places like a forest were always useful, but beaches were not. They could be of good for taking wolves that one loved – Kamaal, for example – for a nice trip away, but nothing more, really.

Malachi hated places like these. The sand frustrated him and irritated his paws as it god stuck between his toes. He growled in frustration under his breath at it. The waves rolled behind him as he tried to keep as close to the water as possible. The slightly damp sand was better than the rest – it stuck less.

However, there was a delighted howl and Malachi could hardly believe his ears. Who could like such a distasteful place? Somewhat eager to find out why, Malachi moved towards the source, giving a few yips of greeting.

Ever kind, despite the season coming forth and his need to find his lover once more tugging at him like a small disease, Malachi was happy to converse with another.

Jul 16, 2017 01:55 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Sunfall was having an absolute blast. Down here it didn’t matter - the Union’s fall, Mari’s hostility, the uncertain stance with his brother. He chased the slowest-moving and largest seabirds here and there, laughing and snapping and pulling out the odd tailfeather every so often.

He pulled up when he heard the yips however, and let out a big deep greeting woof of his own. “Heya!” He barked, tail waving freely, setting off towards the male with the unique fur colouring. The battlescarred golden wolf didn’t look at all perturbed, despite his mad dash at the birds moments ago. “Afraid I didn’t leave you many if you were hoping for a run!”

Jul 18, 2017 07:08 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The perpetrator happened to be a golden wolf – how that perfectly matched the mood he seemed to be in – and he was seemingly chasing birds.

Malachi looked bemused briefly while the other male didn’t look his way, but when the other did turn to him, his expression changed to one that was neutral, even if he did crack a slight smile at the pleasant male’s enthusiasm. Even so, Malachi was distracted by his strong feelings towards Kamaal and his stronger desire to go and find her, especially with the season upon them.

In the back of his mind, a niggling, annoying little voice warned him of other males – like this golden one – and told him they should all be kept as far away as possible from his dearest Kamaal. She was not here, though, and that meant this golden male was safe, as long as he kept his distance from his black beauty.

His jovial calls did not meet dead ears and Malachi suddenly seemed to come to life with the words, and he moved towards him happily enough, despite the strong feelings in his gut, tugging him to the hills.

His instincts called. That was where he would be next.

Hello,” he replied in a gentle drawl, desperation still tugging at his gut, but never pulling down that smile. “Fortunately, I was not. I am simply looking around before I head down south. It’s an interesting place, but certainly not my style.

Beaches. Oh, how he loathed them.

Jul 18, 2017 09:38 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

So the guy didn’t do sand, Sunfall could relate. They weren’t his favourite place either, despite agreeing to stay on one for a bit. But it wasn’t so much the places that mattered in Sunfall’s life. It was the faces.

He shook off a few feathers, and plopped himself down in a sit facing the other male, his one functional ear up and pointed towards him. “Interesting is the word, never seen so many birds in my life! And seems pretty wild, y’know, uninhabited-like. Good for exploring.” His tail flipped at that, always keen to see new places.

“Anyway, where ya headed down south? Spent a fair bit of time exploring round there when I was new to the valley.” He grimaced. “Watch out for cougars in the range, eh? Damn I hate cats.”

Jul 18, 2017 04:45 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

There had certainly been a lot of birds – before he chased them off – but Malachi couldn’t help but wonder if this male was bluffing. There were plenty of times in Malachi’s life when he had seen his fair share of numerous birds, sometimes even countless more than this, and he just wondered whether this male, too, had, but was just so caught up in his moment.

Ah, well, being caught in the moment; wasn’t that familiar to him?

Immediately, Kamaal came to mind, and Malachi almost sighed softly at the thought. He loved her dearly and longed for her presence again, but he had no clue where she currently was, and he wondered if she was going to be in the hills – winter was certainly here, but when would she turn up?

The male turned discussion onto Kamaal, although perhaps indirectly, but everything in Malachi’s life was about her. Everything revolved around her, getting her, and keeping her at his side without fail. Now he had her again, he just wanted to find her and keep her.

Keep her close. Never let her out of his sight. It was a strange obsession that had grown and grown over time into something that crawled into his dreams, under his skin, into every living moment of his life. She was everything he lived and breathed, and when she was there he finally felt whole. The moments he lived where lies without her, that was the truth.

She was there, but only in his head; then when she was there, physically, he felt so much more complete. No longer having to draw up images of her and relate everything to her – she related to everything, instead.

He loved the feeling.

Almost lost in thought, he nearly missed the mention of cougars in the range. When he was there – however briefly, mind – he had not seen any. His head cocked and he almost purred at the notion, but he thought that was all too cat-like to do in front of someone who “hated cats.”

I’ve visited the range,” he drawled, words trickling from his mouth like treacle as he still thought of the black angel that was his Kamaal. “I’m headed to the hills to meet my mate. We were separated for some time and she had to sort something out, but we are going to meet there.

And be reunited. And together. Forever. He loved her – always had, always would – but he needed her at his side. And he knew she needed him. They completed each other.

Jul 19, 2017 04:59 AM — Post #5

[ Edited: Jul 19, 2017 05:01 AM by Malachi ]
Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

The new guy seemed to get lost in his own head for a moment, but he soon shed some light as to why; the dude was in luuuurve! Waiting to meet his mate, though why he’d let her wander all the way to the hills, during winter no less, while he brooded up here was beyond Sunfall. Still, wasn’t his business. Sort out what you needed to sort, indeed.

“Ah, congrats then man! Got a mate myself too, she’s hanging nearby in the pines, they’re her favourite trees, y’know.” He chuckled to himself; Saski and her pine obsession. Given she loved the scent and he liked chewing pine cones, he never protested too much. But then, Sunfall wouldn’t protest much that Saski proposed.

“I’m Sunfall, by the way.” He glanced down at himself and flashed a grin. “Named for obvious reasons.”

Jul 19, 2017 06:53 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The male started to talk about his mate, which Malachi hardly cared for. He only cared about Kamaal, who was the only female worth thinking about. Not the female in the desert that wanted him gone, not anyone else; just Kamaal. And he almost ignored the talk about the male’s mate, but he still kept zoned in and focussed, even if he didn’t care.

Pine trees were her favourite.

Well, so what? Malachi cared very little. What did the male want to do – boast about his mate’s weird like of trees? Malachi almost rolled his eyes. His lovely, black temptress was above all that. Finer than a woman who adored trees and golden wolves that spread their strangest fantasies.

Congratulations,” Malachi said heartily, although he didn’t really know if he meant it. Good for the man, he had found himself someone, but it wasn’t Malachi’s life nor his beloved, so he cared little.

Sunfall. Sunfall for the golden wolf. Malachi grinned slightly in humour, although his mind never stopped lingering on his Kamaal.

It was winter. There were other males. He wanted to be at her side for every living moment of the season, but he had not yet reunited with her again. He would, though; he knew it. He knew, too, that she could protect herself, but he feared for a strong and powerful male that would strike her down and take what was not his to take.

He nearly growled.

I’m Malachi,” he added pleasantly. “I met a wolf some time ago, Caspian, who told me that many names hold meanings. Yours might be more literal than some, I guess,” he said with a hint of jest in his voice.

He could joke, but he would have to leave soon.

To find Kamaal.

His Kamaal.

Jul 19, 2017 07:32 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Sunfall laughed freely at that. “Oh yeah, you reckon my dumbass parents were a bit lacking in imagination or what?” He snorted, grinning roguishly as he gestured with a forepaw to the sunset hue of his coat colour. Yeah, his parents were dicks, though that was about all he wanted to say on that topic.

“But anyways, it’s good to meetcha, Malachi. So you got me curious now, what exactly did this Caspian dude say your name meant, since we’ve already unraveled the deep mystery of mine!”

He probably would have been several degrees less casual and several more wary if he could read minds.

Jul 19, 2017 07:39 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Free laughter. What he’d give for that to be Kamaal’s. He missed her, yet unlike last time, it had been a matter of weeks, not… months. Maybe a year.

Too long.

His thoughts threatened to drift, so he snapped himself back into it, his legs shaking slightly in delight as he thought about his obsidian wonder. Amilia. It had never stuck. Kamaal always worked better, and it was the name he had cast out to her out of pure devotion. He was sure she would remember that move. She remembered the name well enough, and still used it to this day.

Amilia, Kamaal; in the end it was the same. Except Kamaal was the awakened one that they had created through their love.

Only a little,” Malachi teased a little absent-mindedly, still thinking about her.

His thoughts were rather rudely and forcefully tugged away from her, and as all this happened, his desire for conversation began to ebb away slowly but surely. But Sunfall wanted to know what Malachi meant, and as Caspian’s kind, wise words were in Malachi’s head, there was no reason to not share them. Their meeting, it seemed, would not be cut short if Sunfall kept the conversation flowing juicily.

Otherwise, Malachi would scurry on back to his lover.

The Messenger,” he replied, lacking the proudness that he should perhaps have had. “I’m sure I’m living up to that name – carrying the message of my own. He wished me well on both carrying and receiving, as well. If you get the chance to meet him, he’s a kind man.

But time was falling and so was the day, and Malachi had to move away quicker if he wanted a chance of finding Kamaal before it was too late.

Jul 19, 2017 09:18 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

“Will do!” Sunfall could see the guy wanted to be on his way. “Nice meeting ya Malachi, I’m gonna head off and find my mate, have a good one!”

((Eh no Sunfall muse fade here mate!))

Jul 22, 2017 04:33 AM — Post #10

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.