Roleplay Forums | Map

Beauty and the Beast
[continuation, summons] Wavehaven | Just Nightfall | After 'Snowflakes feel fake', with Babette, Calling Rangers/Visitors

Name Player
Bucky Rangers Chris the Rebel Wolf
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Bucky rounded the northern edge of the gorge, crossing the scent-markers with a nod at Babette she ought to do the same then padding up off the sand and up onto the hillside so he could take her to the cache. He dropped his brace of rabbits there and quickly scraped some sandy earth over one, politely placing the other in front of their guest. She seemed like the kind of girl who might like something fresh.

“Welcome to Wavehaven gorge. Feel free to dig in.” He offered, still a little awkward around the clearly pretty female. “I’m just going to see who else is about so I can let them know about Ale.” He was still grateful she’d told him about that, even though Ale hadn’t been around this part of the beach in a while. He worried for his friend with his extensive memory loss… but there was nothing new about that.

Bucky worried about everybody, really. He lifted his muzzle and let out one of his clear, almost musical howls to call his packmates and any of the Proleators who might be about.

((Bucky is obviously the Beast, not Babette, just so everybody’s clear :P))

Jul 13, 2017 07:24 PM

[ ignore ]
[ Edited: Jul 13, 2017 07:46 PM by Bucky ]

Scarce

Name Player
Babette Dapper
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Every step she took to follow Bucky into her home brought more of her curious nature out. Dual-colored eyes were glancing around as she took in the scene. It was so fascinating here. The myriad of odors in the place struck her as homey. A pack, it’d been so long since she’d just stood on pack land. It wasn’t her own, but it was a feeling of security she’d long forgotten she had been missing.

“I… Oh, thank you,” she replied bashfully. She hadn’t expected to eat one of the rabbits he’d brought back. Fresh food was better for others. She did note how he buried the other though. Rather than asking why, she politely began nibbling on her dinner. It would give her a moment to think.

Bucky’s howl caused her head to tilt slightly so that she could look up at him. There was a tightness in her chest, as she hadn’t let herself do the same in so long. It wasn’t wise for a lonely lady to howl as such. Too many dangers.

For a moment the girl felt shame at eating when Ale might be out there alone with no food at all. Then she reminded herself that she was the fortunate one, and she had to stay positive and keep herself strong.

Jul 13, 2017 11:39 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Pharaoh Proleator Chris the Rebel Wolf
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It had been a long few days for Pharaoh and he’d been napping further up the hillside when he heard the call. With a sigh he lifted himself onto all fours, setting off for the bottom of the hill at a trot, head low for balance and tail out behind him, though the slope wasn’t so steep to make the pace dangerous.

He wasn’t really looking until he was almost there, and there he froze.

Could it be… well, his nose certainly didn’t lie, and certainly there was only one lady so lovely and tall and lean, with her unique eyes and dignified bearing, even as she ate, so polite.

What was she doing here with BUCKY?!

A thousand thoughts ran through his head at that moment. Did Babette know this was his home? Had she thought of him the way he’d thought of her?! Did Bucky know Babette knew Pharaoh? Was this all some elaborate sort of setup? Was Babette an ex-girlfriend of Bucky’s? Had she been around for months, seeing him in secret?

Though each thought was more far-fetched than the last, Pharaoh could only make a peculiar strangled sound in lieu of a more traditional greeting at the notion of finding his crush casually lying in his home eating a meal with his pack leader.

Jul 14, 2017 12:53 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Absolutely clueless to exactly how upset Pharaoh was at this given point in time, Bucky let out a low woof when he spotted the lean male. “Pharaoh, good.” He was relieved he’d answered the call given that last time they’d spoken it had been for Bucky to chew him out. “Come and meet Babette, she’s just given me some news about an old friend of mine. Babette, this is Pharaoh Proleator, one of my packmates.” He leveled a look at the other male as he said that, letting him know he wasn’t holding any grudges against him for the mistake about Magnus. Pharaoh was still very much his packmate. “Are your sisters about?”

And did Pharaoh have a weird look on his face or what? Maybe he was a bit affected by how pretty their new guest was? Funny, since he hadn’t at all noticed him being awkward around the opposite sex up until now. Made Bucky feel a tiny bit better.

Jul 14, 2017 12:58 AM — Post #3

Scarce

Name Player
Babette Dapper
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Babette was careful in most things she did, eating was certainly one of them. She disliked getting messy and so it was done delicately and slowly. Even when ravenous for something in her belly. The familiar aroma of a lost soul struck her - well, lost to her anyway - and her eyes popped open wide and for a moment she might have appeared afraid as her head whipped around to find him.

Initially speechless, she slowly rose to her feet. Bucky’s introduction went unheard as the female just stared at Pharaoh. He lived here? It took her a moment to process it. This was Bucky. This was Bucky! Oh! Oh no! There was a sudden abject horror rising up in her. How had she forgotten?! Of course she had babbled at the sight of the tall dark male. She understood now, understood why Pharaoh had been so defensive before. Goodness she should have paid more attention to her surroundings, because now she realized Pharaoh’s scent was everywhere.

Without another thought she was prancing over to Pharoah and wagging her tail furiously with a dip of her head. “My Prince, why I never thought to see you here of all places. We… have some catching up to do,” her stomach churned that he might’ve gotten the wrong idea but she couldn’t stop herself from grinning at him.

Jul 14, 2017 01:06 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Under any other circumstance, Pharaoh would have all but leaped down to meet Babette, having thought of her so often during the past few months - having missed her, if he admitted it to himself, though he rarely allowed that to happen. Fortunately for him, Babette herself approached him in a show of friendliness that literally set his heart singing, his stupefied expression becoming a wide, welcoming smile.

My Lady” He found himself oddly short of breath and rather sheepishly, he cleared his throat. “By the Kingdom, it has been too long.” They were almost exactly the same height, and as he dipped his head in return he found himself reached out to her, aiming a gentle but of course polite press of his nose to her cheek. He was simply unable to hold himself back from such a gesture, particularly with how alluring her scent was at this given point in the seasons. He chided himself for having improper thoughts about a lady a moment afterwards. “Nothing could make me happier than hearing what you have been doing.” 

She called him Prince, he thought a little giddily, feeling like a lovestruck teenager all of a sudden.

Jul 14, 2017 01:16 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

Oh.

Oh.

OH.

Well, now he felt like an idiot. Because it was clear these two already knew one another. Had Babette scented him passing the borders and not mentioned anything out of politeness? Because… well, clearly they knew each other since Babette referred to Pharaoh by his old title, and OKAY THEN Pharaoh certainly had a high opinion of her, because Bucky could not recall an occasion where the sometimes uptight, often too-formal Pharaoh Proleator had touched somebody voluntarily, let alone with that sort of affection. Apart from his sisters. And unlike with Bucky himself and Caesar he absolutely did not think there were any sister-ly type feelings going on here.

“Oh. Well. I can er - if you two are - knowing one another - reacquainting and then there’s - well, I might just go look for the others.” Bucky said awkwardly. “I mean, if you’d like to catch up. Now. I can just - leave you to it. You two to it.” Bucky are you just rambling now because it sounds like you’re just rambling. 

Jul 14, 2017 01:22 AM — Post #6

Scarce

Name Player
Babette Dapper
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Stupid. She’d been stupid. This was a lesson to pay attention more. To names, to scents, to things around her. To the way other wolves looked at her? Pharaoh’s touch of her cheek made her freeze and she sought out his gaze, confused at how it made her stomach flutter.

She hadn’t been doing much, except she supposed there was enough to tell him. “Likewise, Pharaoh. I feel like there is much more you have done than me,” she offered in return. He was in a pack, and his sisters were here. Bucky had mentioned his sisters! She found herself rocking back on her hips to sit so as to contain herself. Sit politely. Look polite. Look… like what?

Bucky’s voice was a blessing in disguise, and Babette turned to give him a smile as well. Though, he was leaving? “I… oh,” she said again. Not for the first time to the dark male. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to be alone with Pharaoh just yet. Not yet. Maybe not until morning. This was an entirely different season to be left with someone she could so easily get close to.

Rather than answer, she looked to Pharaoh for his thoughts. She’d let him decide.

Jul 14, 2017 01:29 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Pharaoh held the gaze of those truly lovely bi-coloured eyes for a few seconds, his stomach seeming to send a fizzy sensation out to the ends of his paws and tail. Admittedly, he hadn’t felt these sensations to the same level before, though he had of course dated, and so the warning signs went unheeded. He pulled back his muzzle with a slow sort of reluctance, then found himself grinning rather sheepishly, hoping he had not offended.

Pharaoh was surprised by Bucky’s offer. For the few seconds he had gazed so deeply into Babette’s eyes, he had literally forgotten the fact there was somebody else with them. 

Recalling how upset he had been before his most fortuitous meeting with the young healer Astrid, Pharaoh suddenly felt like Babette might be the one to understand how he had been feeling, and more than that… she might be able to help him make sense of it all. He wanted to tell her. He wanted to tell her everything. “There are things that I do wish to share with you, my dearest Babette.” He found himself murmuring, looking directly at her once more. Then he felt a little flushed, realizing it was already dark. Though he found himself wanting to pour his heart out to her, he hesitated, thinking of her, voice a little less certain when he spoke again. “Although - it is late, and I would not wish for your rest to be disturbed on my account…” 

That was the proper thing to offer, even thought they had already spent one innocent night together, innocent in that they had done nothing more than cuddle together for warmth and comfort. But this… this felt more… heated somehow. Charged. And so he gently passed the ball back to her court, unsure of exactly where he stood.

Jul 14, 2017 01:42 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper otm profile

There were so many sparks flying between the two of them if Bucky stayed a minute longer he was certain his fur would catch on fire.

He felt a pang, very unexpected, deep in his heart. If a wolf like Pharaoh had all but paired up with such a lovely natured girl as Babette, if friends like Fawn and Eefie, and Comet and Ororo, could have love in their lives - why couldn’t he? What was it he was missing?

“Well, yes, is is late, and so I might just check the cliff for the others - Babette, you just travel safety tomorrow and… come back anytime, even if you don’t hear anything more on Ale. Any friend of Pharaoh’s is more than welcome at Wavehaven.” There, he hadn’t sounded quite so idiotic that time around. Not too formal, but at least he wasn’t tripping over what he wanted to say.

He nodded once more and turned to take his leave.

((Exit Bucky!))

Jul 14, 2017 01:48 AM — Post #9

Scarce

Name Player
Babette Dapper
Achievements (?)
None yet!

None of this was going as planned. It was good, it was so good she felt giddy despite her travels and the current hour. Yet she also felt conflicted and confused. Bucky was wishing her farewell and she turned her head to watch him go, unsure of what to say at first. “If I find word of him, you’ll be the first to know, Bucky,” she offered as a bit of an end to their conversation. Was it just Babs or did Bucky seemed perturbed? Sad maybe? He was probably just worried and tired, strained from everything going on. His friend was still hurt, after all.

Then, rightfully, her attention was focused on Pharaoh again. The hare she’d been eating was forgotten where it lay behind her on the sand. “I find that I might not rest at all tonight, my senses are as a whirlwind even as I settle in your presence,” Babette murmured back. Poetic, soft voice offered up. How could she sleep when there was so much to discuss? So much to speak on. To listen to. Last time they’d met she’d listened to him rage about Bucky, and now here they were living together. So many questions.

She caught the cue, though, that this was her choice to make and she cleared her throat and turned to pick up the hare, “Come, show me somewhere that we might rest and talk a spell before sleep takes me.”

Jul 14, 2017 02:08 AM — Post #10

[ Edited: Jul 14, 2017 02:11 AM by Babette ]
Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Unlike Babette, Pharaoh was not concerning himself with Bucky, not when she stole all of his focus without an effort. He grew the slightest bit flustered though when she mentioned his presence. It was heartening, after so long being a follower, after all his mistakes, to realize that somebody still held him in high regard - especially since that somebody was Babette. “Ah, My Lady, I find myself similarly affected. To sleep now after setting eyes on your lovely face again… seems unthinkable.” He confessed, meeting her gaze so she would see the sincerity in his face, although his gaze dropped a moment later, feeling… somewhat forward. Perhaps he had best change the subject? What if she felt the need to compliment him back merely because he had called her lovely?

She was, though.

“Who is it that you are helping the pack with, if I may inquire? This wolf that Bucky knows…?” He noticed the meal she had not yet finished and gallantly moved over to it. “Please, allow me to bring this for you so that you may finish it. Bucky mentioned you are traveling tomorrow…?” There was no hiding the note of disappointment that her visit was to be a short one. Now she was here, he realized just how much he had missed her, and he busied himself picking up her food so that she hopefully would not notice his crestfallen face.

Jul 14, 2017 02:19 AM — Post #11

Scarce

Name Player
Babette Dapper
Achievements (?)
None yet!

There was something in the way he looked at her that brought her to questioning his motives. It was dirty of her, she thought, to think any less of him based on that. Yet there was something there that she couldn’t let herself believe. His attention was wanted, as always, she was just… confused by it. Was he being honest? Truly? Babette thought he might just be acting how she expected him to act, how she’d expect any gentleman to act. But then, Bucky hadn’t acted that way, and hew as a gentleman. Even more confusion.

His question caught her attention and she frowned lightly, allowing herself to show her concern. “A young male around my age, red in color. His name is Ale. He has memory problems and was very far from home last I saw him,” she explained, watching as he picked up the rabbit without even offering.

“So I will be going to the Stormborn Alliance to see if they know of his whereabouts and perhaps arrange a search party for the boy.” Her tail waved lightly behind her. It was good. He was her age with those memory problems so therefore the kid must be doing something right.

Jul 14, 2017 06:17 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Just up this way.” Pharaoh murmured before he closed his jaws around the rabbit, fretting about speaking to such a lady with his mouth full. Still, she had not protested him carrying her meal, and so he hoped his attempt at manners was appreciated, and gestured with his head hoping she would follow him.

He set the rabbit down midway up the hillside, under a tree - not one of the ones the pine martens living here favoured, as Pharaoh didn’t really appreciate the scent of the arboreal weasels. The grass grew a little longer underneath the tree, and though it had all died off to standing hay now it was still a comfortable bed, and a large patch had been flattened and was slightly thicker in Pharaoh’s scent. He sometimes napped here during the day, but now it was growing colder he sometimes retreated to Caesar’s cave to remove himself from the elements.

“Please, rest here.” He offered, then felt awkward, in case… would she get the wrong impression?

Did he want her to get the wrong impression? What?! No, of course he didn’t. He was a gentleman. “Once we have finished speaking, I er, shall leave you to er, your rest undisturbed.” He clarified. Pharaoh never stumbled over his words. What was happening to him?

“That is very good of you, my Lady.” He observed, wondering if she knew he partook in such things himself now. “Are you certain that, well. You shall be safe, traveling alone…?”

Because it was winter now. The implications of that suddenly hit Pharaoh, recalling how Bucky had worried for the pack females and keeping them safe from roaming males. And Babette… she traveled alone.

In winter! Should he offer to go with her? Would she find it too forward of him? He certainly couldn’t bring up his concerns, already growing flustered. But moreso he was vastly upset by the thought that any roving male might have his way with the lady he had thought of with a certain fondness. His expression began to grow both concerned and alarmed at his whirlwind of thoughts.

Jul 14, 2017 06:33 PM — Post #13

Scarce

Name Player
Babette Dapper
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It was, honestly, still early into the night. She was not rushed to rest as she didn’t intend to leave until she could properly see her surroundings. It was safer that way. So she simply followed Pharaoh with a glance around, taking in what she could see. The patch of grass beneath the tree held his odor a bit more strongly than the area around it. At his invitation, she brushed by him to sit with the tree to her left, leaving space for him to join her if he wished.

“Your presence could never disturb me, dear prince,” she replied softly, thoughtfully. Babette reached to take the rabbit from him, content to tuck it beside her to keep it warm. She could eat it before departing rather than tonight. She was too nervous to eat now.

“As for my travels, it really is not so far from here,” she offered up instead. He seemed so concerned about the idea of her being on her own and he even looked rather alarmed. Babette leaned over to gently boop her nose up against his with a wag of her tail. “Pharaoh, please, I’ll be fine. If you like I’ll even come back and see you rather than moving on. I just want the boy’s family to know that he’s still out there somewhere, if they want to find him.” Or, you know, to find out if they found him dead already.

Jul 14, 2017 06:46 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Pharaoh felt the faint brush of her fur along his side long after she settled on the ground. His heartbeat started up a sharp thudding to see her lying upon his resting place, creating a yearning so powerful that for almost a minute he was struck completely dumb.

He busied himself listening to her speak, nodding like a fool and flicking a few stray dead leaves away with his paw like a fussing housekeeper.

At length he calmed down enough to lie beside her. Was he too close? Surely not.

He felt too close. He could still feel where she’d lightly brushed against him.

This was getting ridiculous. Right up until she reached out her muzzle and touched her nose to his, the sweet scent of her breath rushing over him like a heady cloud. He closed his eyes briefly, savoring.

“I understand why you feel this need to give aid, since… since pledging my service to this pack, I have encountered the same.” He took a deep breath, then daringly extended his nose so his muzzle was alongside hers, a gentle caress of a touch he aimed towards her.

“I - I hope you will come back, my Lady Babette. Not solely to alleviate my concerns. But because.. I have thought of you often, these past months. And, I find even more now after seeing you again, that I do so desire your company.”

He was a Prince, and at four years of age he refused to hold his breath like an eager yearling with a first crush. But the urge was there anyway.

Jul 14, 2017 07:05 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 3.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.