Roleplay Forums | Map

One Man Remains
Early winter, early afternoon

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 500ooc helper profile tumblr welcomeguide

Had everyone gone off to do stuff? Marzena, Castor and Natasha had gone off to the Alliance, had Clint gone with them? He wasn’t sure. Had Eyja gone off on her own to search for her daughters? He wasn’t sure. Stark wasn’t sure of anything anymore. He was a real Brother now, but he did not feel like one. He felt like a useless kid, unable to do anything right. All he ever did was cause trouble, start fights. He never even had an actual mentor. He sucked, he sucked so much.

Stark felt hopeless and lame. He had stumbled back to the Dell to sleep there, because the Falls reminded him too much of Valentina right now. She was dead, and he had been not so nice to her the last day they spoke. It had been the same with Jeremy and Stark just felt like… this was all his fault. Everything. Just his fault.

He had hidden himself behind the small waterfall again, in that little spot that felt so comfortable. Laying on the sand bank, so he did not get wet. He just lay there, staring at the falling water. What was he supposed to do?

Jul 14, 2017 05:12 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Due to the falling temperatures, winter snuffed out a majority of plant life that Igbo enjoyed. He had eaten an enormous amount of whatever vegetation he could find. One could think of Igbo as a grazing animal before a wolf.

So far, the effects of the few golden leaves he had eaten from ground had left Igbo feeling quiet perky. He had picked some up on his way back to the Falter Glen. Igbo noted that the leaf was particularly energizing, possible a supplement for food. However, he was thirsty. Trotting around was a lot, he was particularly used to walking at lurk speed.

Igbo Black let himself slide into the cavernous dip, hoping to avoid sudden bumps and snarled roots. Eventually, he made it. The pebbles felt weird underneath his tiny paws. Igbo flattened himself against the earth, lying down to drink from the shallow, clear pools. Igbo’s focus was on the water that had dripped from the waterfall. He did not realize that there was a yearling close by. If he had, Mr. Black would of chosen a less vulnerable stance.

Jul 15, 2017 03:04 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

Stark was simply resting behind the waterfall, staring at the falling water, watching it go. But then, he heard paw steps, and his ears flicked. Looking past the waterfall, he noticed a small black wolf moving over to the river, to get a drink. Had the wolf not noticed him? Didn’t look like it. Stark watched him quietly, not really in the mood to be social. But, he guessed he might as well say something before the other wolf spotted him. With a sigh, he went to sit, and watched the wolf for a few seconds more, before speaking.

’‘Hey…’‘ he said softly, sounding a tad bit annoyed. But then again he pretty much wanted to be alone right now. Then again, seeing a stranger right now was better than seeing anyone of his family. He guessed. Not many wolves came to the Dell, it was interesting to see a wolf arrive here, sort of.

Jul 16, 2017 10:47 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Hey…

Igbo would of gagged on his drink if he had not already swallowed it. Composed, Mr. Black rose to his hindquarters. He did not expect another wolf to be down here. The tiny male glanced around, audits swiveling to the previous noise.

There. Behind the water fall.

Igbo spoke calmly, he had been startled, but he was poised now,“Hello.”

It was weird. Igbo searched for wolves, wolves did not stumble upon him. He wanted a moment alone, but he guessed he would get back in character.

“Igbo Black by the stream. Who is by the fall?”

Jul 17, 2017 02:24 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

The wolf seemed a bit startled, but greeted him calmly after nonetheless. Igbo Black, huh? And who was the guy behind the waterfall? Well, it was just silly lonely Stark. ’‘Stark.’‘ the boy huffed. He did not get up, did not move he remained in his spot, looking at the other male from behind the waterfall. He wasn’t anyone Stark had met before, so he guessed it was yet another stranger, yet another new wolf.

’‘If you were worried, I’m not gonna do anything.’‘ Stark said, rather quiet. ’‘I was just looking at the waterfall.’‘ Because Stark was once again all alone and he had nothing better to do. And this place seemed to give him some peace, lately. Behind the waterfall was his own little spot. He came here quite often.

Jul 17, 2017 02:36 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Igbo gently craned down to lap some more water, before amber eyes lined up to see view the young male.

Relaxed, he answered as if concerned about the other wolf,“Do I appear, worried?” Was it how meek he looked that a wolf like Stark would assume he was instantly worried for his life?

Looking at the waterfall, Stark? Hmm. Igbo glanced at the stream cascading down. “It is something to marvel at,” he mused aloud.

Jul 17, 2017 03:26 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

’‘You did at first when I spoke.’‘ Stark stated calmly, and he let out a yawn as if he was disinterested. But in fact, he was just tired, tired of everything. He sighed, and eyes fell back on the falling water. Igbo seemed to like the waterfall. His choice of words was… interesting. Not words Stark would ever use, though. ’‘It’s cool.’‘ he said simply.

Another yawn, and eyes rolled back to Igbo. ’‘I come here quite often.’‘ And he had never seen Igbo here before so he guessed the guy was new to this spot. Had to be true. ’‘Not too far from home, either.’‘
He wondered if Igbo had come across the borders of the Brotherhood. Had he passed through the Glen?

Jul 18, 2017 08:12 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Not too far from home, either.

Oh my. A Brother laid before him, again?

Igbo fixate his amber gaze upon Stark, speaking calmly,“You are a part of the Brotherhood, I assume? Or is there another pack located within the Glen?”

Both Stark and Eyja slightly outside the pack territory. Most likely how the Brotherhood operated?

Jul 18, 2017 01:47 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

Aha, so Igbo had come across the Brotherhood. ’‘Yeah, I am. I’m a Brother of the Brotherhood.’‘ he spoke calmly. To be honest, speaking like this felt… nicer. Stark felt more calm in his head. No buzzing flies, no ringing in his ears. As long as the other wolf did not give him a reason to yell, Stark would feel okay.

’‘The Glen is our hunting grounds, basically we patrol the whole forest. There is no other pack here.’‘ he added after a second, looking a Igbo from behind the waterfall. This felt like a safe place. He wanted to stay here, behind the water. ’‘I guess you met another Brotherhood wolf?’‘

Jul 19, 2017 07:47 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Igbo continued to stare at Stark,“Yes. I met Eyja. She appeared to be leaving. On her way to find her family. She ways awfully concerned about them.”

Igbo Black leaned down to lap some more water. He wished this place to be isolated. No one here, so he could spend some alone time. Mr. Black would leave soon. Nothing appeared to be of interest with Eyja or Stark. The mystery of the Brotherhood did not hold. Of course, there were other things Igbo Black might discover.

Jul 19, 2017 12:58 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

Eyja, huh? ’‘Oh, the new female. Yeah, family is missing, I heard.’‘ he spoke softly, calm. And he shrugged once. ’‘Wonder if she will find them.’‘ Stark had no real bond with Eyja so he did not really care whether or not she would find her family but… he guessed family was important. So hopefully she would. Valentina had been his family. She was gone now. A sigh escaped his mouth at the thought.

’‘So I guess you’re a lonely guy?’‘ Stark asked, breaking the silence had had formed, looking at the male. He finally got up, and stepped out from behind the waterfall. His front paws ended up into the water, but he did not move forward much more. ’‘What’s it like, being without a pack?’‘

Stark had met not too many rogues in his life, and he wanted to know what all was out there, in the valley. Besides hills and a certain coast and some forests.

Jul 20, 2017 08:05 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

So I guess you’re a lonely guy

Igbo snorted his laugh through his nose,“Lonely is not the word. I am alone, but it is a preference I dutifully undertake. Without companions, I am, but sad, surely not.”

Pumpkin eyes sharpened at the sight of the young wolf emerging from the waterfall.

What’s it like, being without a pack?

Igbo Black held his cool composure, and as if he was asking about the weather, Mr. Black spoke,“Thinking about departing from the Brotherhood, Stark?”

He filled the silent momentarily after his statement,“Depending on the pack… or the wolf… it is a curse or a blessing to not be within a group of sorts.” Igbo Black silently hinted at his natal pack, musing to himself.

Was the Brotherhood falling a part? Appearing to barely be a yearling and wanting to run away from home? Igbo Black had suspicions.

Jul 20, 2017 12:24 PM — Post #11

[ Edited: Jul 20, 2017 12:26 PM by Igbo ]
Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

Igbo spoke fancy, but it was not that Stark did not understand him. He rolled his eyes, just for a moment. God, why did some wolves have to act mysterious just for the fun of it. Because to Stark, it looked like Igbo was trying to be mysterious. He immediately made an assumption that was wrong, and Stark shook his head. ’‘Nope, just curious. I’ve never really left home before. Just once, to visit a grave up north… But I’ve not gone anywhere else.’‘ he said, looking at Igbo, frowning lightly. He was a Brother, why would he leave the Brotherhood?

’‘I was just curious. Maybe you could tell me what else is out there. Because I’m pretty sure I won’t leave home much.’‘ Stark said. It was odd, to feel this calm. But maybe the waterfall had a nice effect on him. Maybe the sound of falling water made him feel more calm. So far he had not gotten annoyed with this guy. Not much, anyway.

’‘I do assume you know what’s out there in the valley, right?’‘
Or was he one of those new wolves that had entered the valley not long ago and was finding out stuff for himself?

Jul 21, 2017 05:56 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

(((this is all before he actually joined the Kingdom ahahahaahah!! What a wasted grab for Igbo))

What an odd wolf. To never leave home? It rarely happened within Igbo’s natal pack, but there were closely tied reasons for such.

And a grave? Religious or for mourning?

Igbo relied after a momentarily pause,“I have only ever drifted towards the range in the south. The glen is a very secure place to reside in.”

It was the truth for Igbo. Realistically, the truth.

With a light chuckle, he continued on,“It is better for you to find out what is out there.”

Before it finds you

“Experience is better than random facts of what is around,” Igbo Black mused to Stark.

Jul 22, 2017 08:04 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Stark Jeames
Achievements (?)

Only to the Range, which was in the south. Stark had only gone north so far. The mention of a Range was not new to him, but he still hadn’t seen it himself. Stark guessed by the male’s words that he was trying to get Stark to go out? Stark wanted to go out. He wanted to explore the valley, see new things. But right now he might be the only wolf at the Falls, or nearby the falls, part of the Brotherhood… He could not just leave the pack land like this. Without anyone else guarding the borders. Could he? And Igbo did not need to know that he was the only one here, right now.

’‘Maybe I might explore later, after winter.’‘ he said. Because he guessed it was safer to stay home during the months when food was scarce or harder to catch. Stark wasn’t as dumb as most might think; he was just a reckless kid with a big mouth. Or, he used to be. A lot. Lately he had felt like not saying much, at all. It was too tiring to actually converse with loud words.

’‘I don’t want to leave this waterfall just yet.’‘ And that was pretty much the truth. Stark felt calm here. And right now, with Valentina’s grave at the borders and him being the only one home, he guessed it was better to stay, for a while. His mother was going to take him to the coast still, anyway. But he wasn’t sure when that would happen.

Jul 23, 2017 07:14 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Igbo Black J
Achievements (?)
None yet!

I don’t want to leave this waterfall just yet

Igbo believed it was his time to go when he heard such a response. Other places to visit, wolves to meet, things to eat. Mr. Black could leave the waterfall with ease.

Picking himself up from his regressed position, Igbo called out gently to the yearling as he turned away,“Take your time. You do have a whole lifetime ahead of you.”

A sad lie Igbo spoke. No one really lives a full life. He did not know how Stark would take it.

Pivoting to travel the Glen once more, Igbo’s pumpkin eyes danced at the youth over his thin shoulders,“Nice meeting you, Stark. I will be on my way now.”

Where was Luxurious? She still lingered on his mind. Small feet would hopefully carry him to her.

////Attempted Exit

Jul 24, 2017 02:18 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.