Roleplay Forums | Map

Bloody hell
Early winter, afternoon, just west of Shadowed Dell

Name Player
Mordor Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Mordor had been laying low for a bit, to heal his paw. Winter was back, and it made him agitated. Females swooning over males and showing them their hinds just so they could get mounted. It was a disgusting sight. All females were whores. Then again, Mordor banged some females outside of season over the years. But at least he did not go jump on horny in heat females. Sure, they could give him pups but, Mordor had long ago decided he did not want to be a father. Not in a world so cruel. Not with his title as the retired General.

He would do his best to avoid females, this winter. Because he did not want to risk coming upon a female in heat and having to maybe aggressively dance with her so called ‘‘mate’’ or any other male that wanted to catch her, or something like that. He really hated winter the most.

Jul 17, 2017 08:16 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Alec Hammond CZ
Achievements (?)
None yet!

From the rising land with the weird kid he felt sorry for, Alec went north. Back east was the way he’d come, and south only had big mountains looming. He wasn’t going up there in the winter, or probably ever. It would be death for him. Certainly unpleasant.

He hadn’t gone directly north; there was a weird shadowy place he’d seen, and it didn’t quite appeal to him based simply on the look of it; and instead veering off along some more of the flatter grasslands. He wasn’t surprised to eventually meet another wolf out here. Wolves lived in the world, didn’t they?

Wolves and monsters.

He steered a wide arc around, trying to keep his head down, literally, and not make eye contact. Lone rogues could offer him nothing for safety with winter coming, and the hulking male called for no sense of damsel-in-distress impulses like Ryd had. What he needed was a temporary group to sidle into. If he didn’t find one, he might have to suck in his pride and go back to her. Northern lake, was it?

Jul 17, 2017 10:54 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Mordor Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He was not limping anymore. That was a thing. With a sigh he moved forward, going north, although he had no idea where he was going, or what he was supposed to do. But maybe he would come across something along the way.
OH, speaking of something. He noticed another wolf passing him with quite the distance. Mordor stopped walking and watched him. Should he like… go talk to the wolf? Nah. Or maybe he should. Mordor needed something to do, he felt utterly bored. And what was the worst thing that could happen?

Clearing his throat, he decided to call out. ’‘Yo! Going somewhere?’‘ he asked, and a toothy grin appeared on his face. Of course everyone was always going somewhere. Where though, was that interested Mordor. Maybe he would annoy this wolf, maybe he would find an ally. No heat scent, so it was either a male, or a female that had not gone through it yet. Both was fine with him.

Maybe he could get a little par going. Get rough. Would be fun, right? He started moving after the other wolf.

Jul 17, 2017 12:54 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Alec Hammond CZ
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Going somewhere?

A light huff of air burst out of his nostrils. He was walking, wasn’t he? Without turning to look at him, although he did slow his steps to a near stop, Alec raised his voice to answer back, “Yeah, but I don’t know where.” Honest, perhaps disarmingly funny enough to get him to bug off?

Seriously, he had little faith in big lone males in winter. He had little faith in lone anyone in winter. Yeah, not everyone had his problem with zero protection for his entire frickin’ head, but why make life hard on yourself.

Jul 17, 2017 01:33 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Mordor Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The wolf stopped and called back, but he did not turn his head to look at Mordor, which made the male frown. He came moving in closer, being careful. You never knew how some stranger could react. He did not want teeth in his face the moment the other wolf turned around. That did not sound like a fair fight. ’‘Well, I guess that make two of us.’‘ Mordor said casually, and he stopped a bit behind the other wolf, a male just like him.

’‘Know anything more about this place? Any other places I could go to?’‘ he asked. Because maybe this guy knew some more stuff about this valley Mordor did not know, he had only just arrived. He stood there, and watched the back of the guy.

What are you gonna do, boy?

Jul 17, 2017 01:48 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Alec Hammond CZ
Achievements (?)
None yet!

His neck prickled. He hated showing his face to others, but what the fuck was up with crawling his tail like that. Some kind of weird consideration for him not looking at him?

The older man hadn’t done anything, though. Or said anything, not anything unusual, anyway. He sounded pretty calm, honestly. Not everyone was Pharaoh. Anyone could turn into someone like Pharaoh, but not everyone was going to. You had to be careful, not insane, Alec, he reminded himself.

“Not much. Got a friend who told me there’s a young pack up north by a lake, if you need a group.” Easiest way to keep your stories straight? Tell the truth. “Wanted to do some sightseeing, but winter’s coming in faster than the sights,” he added with a grumble.

Jul 17, 2017 02:08 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Mordor Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Mordor scoffed, a grin appearing on his face. ’‘A young pack?’‘ he asked. Mordor wasn’t really into newbie packs. ’‘Cannot say I like the sound of a newly formed pack. Too new. Too inexperienced.’‘ he said. Yes, he had enough experience in life to know that. He had led two different packs in his life, he had been a war general, for god’s sakes. The General. ’‘I guess I would rather stay lonely than to join or lead another pack.’‘

He noticed he other male was not looking at him, and frowned some more. ’‘Got something on your face or something? I’m sure you can look me in the eyes.’‘ Not looking at the one you talked to was rudeeeeee. Mordor was just joking around, though. God, he had no idea the guy actually had something on his face. Or actually, that there was something wrong with his face.

Jul 17, 2017 02:22 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Alec Hammond CZ
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He grinned wryly, not the other guy could see it. “Had the same thought, but any pack is better than no pack for this season.”

And the nice casual two men talking to each other who happened to be going the same way came to an end and his stiff smile softened into a face of nothingness as it came up. Why weren’t you looking at me, huh. Something on your face.

Didn’t Alec wish.

Guy was older, bigger than him, probably not a good guy to try scaring with the ‘boo I have no face’ scene like he sometimes did with particularly persistent and annoying kids. Fights needed to be avoided if he didn’t absolutely know he had the upper footing.

Hearing about the pack didn’t send this guy scurrying to cause trouble. What’s a little more honesty between two men, right?

“My face tends to upset others,” he said dryly, lifting his head a bit but not turning around yet.

Didn’t he just wish this was all a cool guy tough act bluff. Didn’t he wish he had a fucking face.

Jul 17, 2017 02:34 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Mordor Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Really? His face upset other wolves? Mordor frowned. ’‘What the hell could possibly be upsetting about someone’s face?’‘ he asked, sounding rather curious and yet, annoyed at the same time. Because holy hell. What was so wrong with his face that it turned other wolves into straight up scaredy pants or dicks?

’‘Just show me your face and I will judge for myself whether it’s upsetting or not.’‘ he said. He was really curious now. What was there to see, really? Was this like… one of those wolves that had a nasty scar or something? Or maybe something weird with his eyes?

Mordor could take it. He had seen guts flying around in his younger years. He had killed his own flesh and blood siblings. Something with this guy’s face, how funny to worry about such a silly thing.

Jul 17, 2017 03:14 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Alec Hammond CZ
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He bunched up his shoulders tensely and relaxed in an approximation of a shrug.

“You asked,” he pointed out ahead of time.

Turning around on his feet too, so he wasn’t simply baring his back to the stranger if they freaked out despite their tough words, Alec bared his face, har har, to him. No fur, just gristly skin from the wildfire he’d been yanked out of.

Might as well talk for good measure, too, huh, get to see it stretching around his mouth. Go big or go home. “Nice to meet you.”

Jul 17, 2017 03:19 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Mordor Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He turned around, and then. His face. There was no face. Just skin. Scarring. Mordor was not scared, more shocked. For a short moment. His eyes widened lightly, but he did not look away. Instead, he studied the face. ’‘Wow.’‘ he began, taking in what he was seeing in front of him. ’‘That’s the biggest scar I’ve ever seen.’‘

A moment of silence, and then he sat down, and he scratched an itch at his neck. ’‘I have a lot of battle scars but they’re all hidden under my fur. I never thought scarring like that was possible.’‘
I’m almost jealous of you, he wanted to say, but he decided not to. The guy might not like it. But Mordor was intrigued. That wolf, he was maybe an actual warrior. An actual soldier. ’‘The name’s Mordor. Or as others used to call me, the General. But I’m retired, by now.’‘

’‘Tell me, is it a battle scar?’‘

Jul 17, 2017 03:26 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Alec Hammond CZ
Achievements (?)
None yet!

A snort escaped without even thinking about it. He sure damn hoped it was the worst scar he’d ever seen, he barely survived this one, shouldn’t have survived this one, what more could someone lose? Their whole skin, just muscle left? Ugh, it turned even his stomach to imagine. That wasn’t. Ugh.

He gave Mordor a slightly crooked smile. General. Battle scars. Someone else who might properly understand some of the circumstances of his life; if not all of them, his thoughts quickly soured. Likely, nobody could truly understand the depth of pain of what Pharaoh had done.

General, though. General.

“I was a bodyguard for my prince,” he said. “There was a fire, and I meant to save as many as I could.” He expression twisted into a hint of a snarl at the memory. It was easier to tell another soldier than it had been to tell Ryd about such ugly things. “The prince is the one would rather ruin me like this then let me finish my job the way I should have.”

He was utterly disgraced and ashamed of it. Betrayal from his leader. Not exactly a battle scar. That would been more noble. No, he’d simply been backstabbed by his comrade-in-arms, his liege, his brother-at-heart.

Jul 17, 2017 03:48 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Mordor Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

A bodyguard. Not a soldier, but pretty close to it. At least he had a high status among royal, Mordor assumed. The male had gotten quite far in his life. Quite high up. That was something he was hopefully very proud of. Saved them from the fire and- oh? ’‘You would rather die, than show off that scar you obtained? That scar is like the mark of your heroic deeds. You should be proud to wear it, and not listen to others.’‘

Mordor studied the scarred face some more. It was like a piece of… art. To Mordor, at least. ’‘You’re a hero. You saved lives. Your face shows that you survived, that you’re stronger than them.’‘

The more scars a wolf had, the stronger they were. The more experience they had. Mordor had lots of experience, lots of scars. And he was proud of them. ’‘Anyone else had died in the fire, had you not been there to save them.’‘

Was the guy trying to get pity from Mordor? Mordor did not mind stroking his ego for a bit. If only to get it hammered into his thick skull that the guy was strong, that he had survived. Why not being feeling of that?

Jul 18, 2017 07:27 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Alec Hammond CZ
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“He should have let me finish my job, not pulled me out,” Alec argued back. The scar was proof he’d left his job incomplete. “I could have saved more.”

Jul 19, 2017 08:27 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Mordor Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

’‘I see.’‘ He could have saved more. Saved more and risked his life. Died in the fire. Mordor was not one to save lives, he was more of a… selfish bastard, leaving others behind to die. But he guessed he understood where this male was coming from. Although maybe a bit foolish? Wanting to die for others, and all. But hey. Suddenly, the scar looked less interesting. An honorable death suddenly sounded a lot more… interesting. At least, it was for this guy.

’‘Now that you’re still alive, what are you planning on doing?’‘ he asked. Clearly no wolf wandered around aimlessly. There was always something they wanted to do. Some sort of goal they wanted to have. ’‘Also, I don’t think you ever told me your name.’‘
Mordor had told his, at least.

Jul 19, 2017 08:50 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Alec Hammond CZ
Achievements (?)
None yet!

It seemed he understood after all. Alec was content with that, quick to dismiss anyone who didn’t understand how this could ruin him and quick to forgive those who understood his situation.

“Alec,” he shared, now that he was comfortable with him. His face was a dead giveaway if anyone knew him, anyway. “Right now, my plan is to find a group to live through winter with. Aggressive males and frost-poison are a bad enemy, for me,” he explained wryly. No fur to keep the chill at bay or offer even the weakest protection against claws or snaps.

Jul 19, 2017 09:38 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.