Roleplay Forums | Map

When Doves Cry
[summons] Halfheartedly looking for any IC | Day after "High As A Kite", very close to the old borders | Morning

Wrenegade is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Wrenegade Harrow Adamantine

“Tempest? Bali? Finch?”

She felt almost as if she was summoning ghosts.

“Bravo. Tobias. Rota. Altair. Kara. Gale. Scott. Sif.”

A rollcall of phantoms. There was no one here.

“Casper?”

All of the scents were so old. Practically gone.

Well, a few were fresher, so she guessed it was a start.

If she ran into that fleabag again, oh well. She wasn’t in the center of the meadow anymore, so he could go take a dump in a creek as far as she was concerned. He had no right, anyway. The simmering resentment was just enough to keep out the aching emptiness.

What was she even looking for?

She had come back all this way for nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. Wasn’t that how life worked?

Even worse, she could sense her heat coming.

She almost wanted to just lay down in the snow for a very long time. And just maybe never move again. Just…breathe, then fall asleep, and then never wake up. It sounded so peaceful.

But she was never the type to go out peacefully.

“Anyone?”

Aug 11, 2017 11:38 PM

[ ignore ]
Kiel is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Kiel Lascrofe Bonyo

He’d moved south, back towards the forgotten hills he’d long pushed to the back of his mind. He’d probably avoid them at all costs from then on but you never knew what the future held. He’d just try to avoid anything that’d bring him there or at least skirt around the edges. He rather disliked the amount that seemed to gather at it’s slopes.

Too many scents blocking his nose, stinking up his air ways.

Here though, he inhaled as he strode silently across the prairie, it was almost clear, save for the odd one or two weaker ones. There was one though, that stuck out to him. It was recent, patrolling, and if it weren’t for the spoken words grazing his ears, he’d have thought he was alone for a few more minutes. He briefly frowned, lowering his head parallel to his shoulders. A tiring posture but he inhaled the scent, locating it’s direction. Who needed eyes when your nose was almost as good.

He glanced up, pin pointing the way it went. A brunette wolf was there, speaking to herself.. or were they names? Wayfarer’s ears shifted back to his crown. He wanted to inquire to who she was asking for but he wasn’t one for speaking first. He could wait.

It wasn’t like he was going anywhere important.

Aug 12, 2017 02:49 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player

She let out a sigh. Her breath shot out across the prairie like the breath of a dragon, a waft of smoke.

What was she even doing here?

She scraped at the snow in frustration, sending small chunks of ice flying. She finally spoke again in a low voice, a waver in it now.

“No one, hmm? No one at all? So this is what I come back to? Just…nothing? I meant to say goodbye, I really did, but it was…it was a family thing, you have to understand…I never thought he’d lie to me…never thought that…he would do that kind of thing…you have to understand…”

Her head drooped, her tail limp. Maybe they’d just…forgotten her. Or hated her for leaving. Or never really cared.

She should probably move on.

“I guess…I guess the Circle is dead…”

She was so caught up in her emotions that she failed to notice the other wolf. As far as she knew, she was talking to the sky, the snow, the dead ground, the nothingness.

Aug 12, 2017 03:37 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Kiel Lascrofe Bonyo

The male listened in silently to the babble of words, catching a few but not many. What was this circle?

His brows furrowed and his body shifted, edging forwards. For once in his life, he felt sympathetic, like he gave a crap. Losing someone hurt, losing a pack? Friends? Family? All at once? That was a different pain that he understood more than he wished to.

These could just the mutterings of a mad wolf but he cared not, the young miss was emotional. Weren’t they all in winter? Yes. But this felt different. He padded closer, trying to make as much noise he could as he tread over the crisp snow, he didn’t want to startle her. “Excuse me..? Are you okay?” his voice was soft, inquiring with a quiet politeness.

She didn’t need to answer if she didn’t have to.

Aug 12, 2017 03:47 PM — Post #3

Name Player

She was completely caught by surprise. For a moment, she wondered if that dick had come back, but this wolf was clearly different. She didn’t flinch all that much, and quickly relaxed as she shook off her surprise.

She couldn’t even make an attempt to compose herself, really, and all she could manage was meeting his gaze and giving a simple shake of her head.

“I…I’ll be fine, just…not right now.”

She was feeling all sorts of things and she really, definitely wasn’t okay, but she could pretend that she would be soon.

They might’ve all just left. Even after everything, she was still a naïve, idealistic little fool. Why would they even remember her? She wasn’t important. The world had kept moving after she left. Things changed. She’d changed.

Everything had changed.

Aug 12, 2017 04:47 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Kiel Lascrofe Bonyo

The man nodded briefly and released a sigh as she relaxed, moulding her mind to his presence, finally constructing a sentence. She was soft on his ears, not demanding, not whiney, just silently upset. “At least you’re being honest”, he gave a weak jest, smiling slightly, his tail waving behind his haunches slowly.

He wasn’t used to being nice, to help someone in need. It’d been so long since those naive times. He stepped closer once more, tilting his head subtly - curious but kind. “What is the culprit of such sorrow?” he questioned, ears cocking slightly, listening intently. Waiting. He didn’t mind if she didn’t give him answers, at least she was speaking.

Aug 12, 2017 05:00 PM — Post #5

Name Player

“At least.” She gave a soft snort, a faint smile.

He actually seemed to care. That was nice. He didn’t have to care.

“There used to be a pack here, some months back. I joined, I wanted to help the pups that were just born, actually felt…like I had a place to call home. Then one of my cousins came—told me about something that had happened to my family…so I left, I felt like I had to…but he…” she broke off, glancing down at the ground. “He lied.” What a lame way to put it. Still, she wasn’t sure if she could even talk about it yet.

“So I came back, hoping to find them, but…they’re just…gone.”

Gone.
A reality she was now forced to live in.

“The pups, the parents, the leader, everyone. As if…they just vanished.”

Aug 12, 2017 06:14 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Kiel Lascrofe Bonyo

(Going to keep it Vague because of past threads left unfinished)

He was glad he made a smile appear upon her lips, even it was small, practically just an amused twitch. It made his chest swell with pride, a weird sensation he usually got when around Nima.. or himself but ya know.

It was different. He was being kind. It felt almost - rewarding.

His ears perked slightly, she mentioned a pack. So this Circle thing was a pack. With members. In that meadow upon yonder. He gave another brief nod but frowned slightly as she mentioned a slither of her past, an event that lead her to this point. He didn’t need to know it but he supposed it was an insight. At least she felt at ease enough to tell him such things. It was that or she was just an open book to strangers.

Clearing his throat with a ‘uh-hm’, his chin dipping to muffle the sound, he thought over what to say. He wasn’t a good speaker, he never claimed to be. He just felt the need to help, to be the shoulder - possibly a wet one at that. “I’m sorry to hear such a thing” he softly mumbled, his eyes glistening with a sadness that didn’t feel like his own. “I’m sure something happened to have caused this, have you been into the territory yet? Searched for them within?” his head tilted, a mild suggestion he’d be happy to help with.

The more exploring the did, the more at home he felt after all.

Aug 12, 2017 06:24 PM — Post #7

Name Player

She sighed, thinking back to her encounter with the wolf who’d apparently taken the meadow for himself.

“There’s nothing there but a—” yeah, she was going to say it ”—jackass who’s claimed the meadow.”

She knew that he hadn’t killed anyone—there was just no way.

“Sorry for dumping this all on you,” she muttered, ears flicking back. She was just being emotional and this poor guy was bearing the brunt of it. “It’s just…really sudden. Months of wandering only to find you really had nothing to look forward to. But I guess that’s life.”

She glanced up at the sky. As if that would give her answers.

Aug 12, 2017 06:59 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Kiel Lascrofe Bonyo

A jackass who claimed the meadow? Just a singular wolf thought he could lay claim to this place, thought he could keep it. This amused the male but he dare not show it, his eyes glinting with the humoured emotion only briefly. Did he really have to comment on that? Apparently not as the woman continued to speak.

His eyes glanced across her, surveying her. She was small, coated in hues of earthy browns, a slight gingering across her body, around her ears and upon her muzzle. It was a nice combination. Though rather plain, the ginger twist did spruce it up on the eyes. She was nice, thoughtful. Everybody needed to let it out once in a while, they just had different ways of doing it.

“Then make something else to look forward to, life isn’t over. Those wolves still probably exist. Why don’t you ask around, travel around. You might bump into them and then you can get your answers” he said simply. Maybe it would get her thinking. She was welcome to join him if she wanted.

Well, that is… If he bumped into Nima… She’d probably think the worst of him.  Eesh. That was definitely something he wanted to avoid.

Aug 13, 2017 05:31 AM — Post #9

Scott is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Scott Peregrine Blaine-White Jeames

[I’m just gonna go ahead and make him a new thread and keep the thread with Randy mentions vague because Scott would not have wanted to stay at the meadow in his current state anyway, and now that the pack is disbanded. BE FREE, SCOTT]

There was an asshole in their home and Tempest liked Altair and Bravo better than her father and brother and apparently Altair hated him for something he had not done when he had been only a kid. And everything just felt… fucked up. Scott no longer felt at home at the mountains, it no longer made him feel happy, to look at the place. He did not longer await the flowers’ returns during spring. Suddenly the safe haven felt more like a cage he wanted to break free from.

Scott had never felt this hopeless and alone in his life before. Altair was probably right. Maybe Scott was a bad wolf. He could not even keep his family together. It was all falling apart, as if stitches were being removed one by one, one by one everyone either left or disappeared.

Scott started moving. He did not even think about his family anymore. Not his sister, not hid father, not Bravo. He did not need anyone anymore, he was big enough now… The need to find his brother and mother had already long been given up on. He had nothing to look forward to anymore. Gale and Finch did not want to be found. Altair hated him. Tempest hated him. He was better off on his own. His father did not need a failure of a son.

So he moved west, away from the meadow. The second time time he actually sent foot out of his home, the first time he actually thought of not returning. Tears welled up into his eyes as he walked. He wanted to be alone right now.

[Probably in sight in the distance, sort of moving their way, will arrive fully next round]

Aug 13, 2017 01:00 PM — Post #10

Name Player

“Oh, it isn’t over,” she agreed. “The idea of starting from nothing is just kind of…almost devastating. I left my home because I wanted things my own way. I’m older and wiser now, or at least, I hope, and now I realize that you’ve got to go with what’s thrown your way and try to make something out of it. Nobody has the world at their paws. Nobody’s in control. Facing that idea can break you if you’ve never confronted it before.”

Well, wasn’t she being all sage and life-experience-y. But it was true. And this guy was at least letting her ramble a bit. It was a change. A nice change.

“But you’re right—moping around isn’t going to help anything. I should just keep moving. Maybe they aren’t far. Who knows.”

She met his gaze, smiling. “Thank you.”

For listening. For asking to begin with. For caring. For…for just being there, she guessed.

Aug 14, 2017 10:48 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Kiel Lascrofe Bonyo

He popped a warm grin, his head tilting goofily to the side. “As long as you’re happy with yourself, I’ll be taking my leave. I’m heading south now, If you’re ever down that way and scent me, feel free to join.” It was an open invitation but he doubted he’d see this small miss again. It was pleasant whilst it lasted at least. That brought something to his mind, he hadn’t got a name for this miss. Maybe he’d just leave it at that but thinking of it now, it would be nice to put a name to the woman’s face. Incase, ya know?

He broke his grin and moved it down a notch to a friendly smile “My name’s Wayfarer by the way” he gave a curt nod and a wink, shifting his body to turn side-on with the miss. He was preparing to leave but he didn’t want to leave it sourly and abruptly. He wouldn’t mind leaving a good impression. It seemed like he was going the right way for one with the way she reacted to him. She didn’t find him intimidating and he didn’t find her revolting.

It was nice.

Aug 14, 2017 11:57 AM — Post #12

Scott is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Scott Peregrine Blaine-White Jeames

Scott finally noticed them, wolves up ahead. He wasn’t sure if he recognized them, but at least one seemed familiar. He didn’t want to go to them, did not want to talk to them, but one of them looked so familiar that he was curious. So Scott approached them, anyway.
He let out a soft woof, to let them know of his presence, and closed in the distance between them. He was almost there. Scott moved at a calm pace, rather slowly. Mainly because he wasn’t sure if he really wanted to talk to these wolves.

Aug 14, 2017 12:15 PM — Post #13

Name Player

Her tail wagged briefly, the same kind of smile flowering on her own face. “Heh, happier than I was before,” she added, a small glint of amusement appearing in her eyes. “And will do. Who knows, maybe I’ll find myself heading that way.” It all just depended on how things shook out, she guessed. Same old Wrenegade, moving where her paws took her, free as the wind. Ah, to have those days back.

He gave a name. Wayfarer. A lovely name. The way she often felt, especially now.

“I’m Wrenegade. It was nice talking to you,” she answered, giving her tail another wag.

A woof caught her attention, and she glanced around, momentarily confused, before she spotted another wolf. A wolf that made her stare. A wolf that reminded her of someone—well, a few someones—from a long time ago.

Could it be?

Her tail wagged slowly, her expression one of mild shock and hesitant hope, a hint of excitement restrained by doubt.

She woofed back. A friendly woof. Just a hint of a question in it. Who might you be? Another ghost?

Aug 14, 2017 01:55 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Kiel Lascrofe Bonyo

Wrenegade. It was nice. A way of life like his. He gave another smile in her direction before shifting, pushing off from his still position, walking away as her demeanour changed before his own eyes. She looked hopeful, familiar to a scent in the air, to the bark given off by a shadow in the distance.

“I’ll leave you two to it” he said with another brief smile. It was time to take his leave, allowing the two to gather together and unite, that is, if it was what he thought. He hoped it was. She did seem god awful down before about it.

He wished her a brighter future.

“Have a good life sweet Wrenegade.” he mumbled to himself, treading away into the snowy distance. It was his time to brighten his.

[///exit]

Aug 14, 2017 02:49 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.