Roleplay Forums | Map

two by two
All welcome | evening | snow & ice

Maia is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Maia Bryony

Maia had been more than mindful of the crags. Though she had picked a southern path, she waited until there was grass solidly under her paws to angle herself. They were a mere speck at her back.

A small warmth had bloomed within her as she went from sand to grass, and Maia became blessedly aware that her heat was on its way. Perhaps being around that other female had caused a flip to switch, but Maia was no medic. In a most joyous manner she would rub her rotund side against thin, bare trees as she passed, and did circles in the snow and rain that fell from the sky. Though she could not see her beloved stars as the sun fell, Maia still took solace that they were there, watching over her.

There was something so freeing about not cloistering one’s self up for days and days, being able to roam the land as she wished. Her heavy paws carried her up a hill and, with a skinny rabbit clenched tight between her teeth, Maia settled in the bare and tangled limbs of a large bush. A smile on her face, she began to pull apart her meal.

(just to clarify, she isn’t in heat, but it’s on its way, like a terrifying santa claus)

Aug 15, 2017 06:33 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

| Aww sweet baby, I love her name! Reminds me of my Naia from RoW. She was also a pacifist. |
_

Senna saw the ivory pelt across the hills, and she thought it might be her teacher, Nanook.  The girl was forever wandering away from their cozy hovel in the sanctuary, and her guardian would routinely have to come out here to collect her.  Senna liked to think of it as helpful to the older man—it kept his bones moving and muscles exercised, right?

As Senna drew closer, she realized that the other wolf was in fact not Nanook, but that didn’t slow her progress.  New wolves were new friends, in Senna’s eyes. She sent a chipper woof out toward the stranger, so as not to startle her as she approached.

Aug 15, 2017 07:55 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
[ Edited: Aug 15, 2017 07:58 AM by Senna ]
Name Player
Maia Bryony

Maia had amassed a small pile of fur by her feet and was now enjoying the spoils. She never much minded a bit of fur on her tongue. Even the thicker, coarser stuff. Somehow, she would find the joy in flicking out her tongue to cast the hairs out.

Distracted by her meal, she didn’t see the pale wolf approaching until her ears pulled her head up. It was naught more than a woof. A bit startled, Maia stared for just a moment before wuffing in return, grinning. A slow wiggle began to move her body against the earth. A friend. Hopefully.

Not that Elliot wolf.

Aug 15, 2017 08:04 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Belarus Greybech Sam Staff
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts 250posts helper profile welcomeguide wikicontributor

Belarus wasn’t sure if he liked being around the hills. There didn’t seem to be any deer. They had probably migrated to a breeding ground. At least in the mountains, there were mountain goats. But here, it would seem he was back to searching for small game. There was enough snow to make his paws yet, but grass was still poking through.

He had come across a fresh mouse trail and attempted to follow it when he heard a bark nearby.

The bastard froze before he stood up straight and looked in the direction of the bark. It wasn’t Nima. This bark came from a much younger wolf. And then he caught the scent of a fresh kill and his curiosity peaked. He ventured in toward where the bark came from and crouched behind some brush. Up a hill, he saw two she-wolves. One appeared to be younger than the white one, who had the remains of a rabbit at her paws.

Not wanting to seem rude or accidentally startle them, Belarus stepped away from the bushes and let out a soft bark himself. But he didn’t advance anymore up the hill. He thought it would be more appropriate if they showed interest in his company rather than be greeted by snarls. Belarus tried to display friendliness by perking his ears forward with an amiable glimmer in his eyes.

Aug 15, 2017 11:11 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

The stranger looked up, seeming sort of startled. Senna gave her most amiable tail wag, knowing this was the moment of truth—would the other wolf decide to be friendly, mean, or scared? It was always a tossup, with loners.

Ah, friendly! Senna smiled as her new friend woofed back to her. ”Whatcha got there?” she called conversationally, slowing her approach. You know, in case the female was territorial about food or something.

A bark met the girl’s ears, and she swiveled to locate the source. The newcomer was hanging around at the base of the hill. He was a big fella, wasn’t he? Senna felt a twinge of nervousness in her gut; she wasn’t fond of being outnumbered by strange loners, especially when one of them was so large. “You know that guy?” she asked the other female, squinting her apple eyes down at the newcomer.

Aug 15, 2017 02:37 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Maia Bryony

The stranger wagged her tail and Maia grinned wider. And, oh stars, when she spoke Maia felt a weight lifted off of her shoulders. No strange drawl. So, this wolf would not be harming her! Excellent. “Some rabbit! If you’d like a bite, you’re welcome to it.” The round woman scooted over a bit, making some room in her little bush shelter should the stranger want to join her.

Another bark pulled her attention away from the girl. With a small blue blink, Maia felt her heart flip over in her chest. What a handsome, handsome gentleman! “Unfortunately, no. But, stars, perhaps we should invite him over!”

Straightening her chest, Maia lifted her voice, “Sir, you’re welcome to join us. I have some rabbit, if you’d like a bite!”

Aug 15, 2017 06:42 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Achievements (?)

The brute let his tail make a wag when he was welcomed. “Sir”. That was a first. But he liked it. Nima still seemed obsessed with titles and called him “Lord”. He liked it as well, but “Sir” had no meaning behind it other than a polite gesture.

When he joined them at the top, he dipped his head to both she-wolves and gave them both a smile as he quickly looked them over. The younger one still smelt like a puppy under her creamy fur. He could also smell the scent of other wolves, probably from a pack. And the older one, much closer to his age, was rather plump with pretty white fur and lovely blue eyes. Unlike the younger she-wolf, she had no other wolves clinging to her coat. He noticed the scars on her nose but didn’t want to stare, fearing it would be rude.

“A rabbit,” he said. It looked delicious. “I’m afraid for me, love, a bite would be half the rabbit. Thank you, but I’m fine. I’m Belarus, by the way.”

He was terribly curious about the scars on her face, but thought it would be best to get through proper introductions before prodding into another’s personal life.

Aug 15, 2017 07:19 PM — Post #6

[ Edited: Aug 15, 2017 07:21 PM by Belarus ]
Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

A rabbit, huh? That reminded Senna of the days she spent traveling around the hills with Elliot. He was always bringing her back these rabbits to snack on… the memory made Senna’s heart twinge a little bit. She still hadn’t quite shaken the guilt she felt for abandoning the kindly king.

The emotion left her feeling very much not hungry. Which was unusual, for Senna. She (similar to the other female, quite clearly) liked her regular meals. “Mmm, I woulda if I was still rogue, but I got a cache now.” It wasn’t so long ago that Senna was the hungry loner; she knew the female would need every bite she could get. Then again,  it looked like the woman wasn’t doing too bad for herself, as it were…

Senna quirked a half smile as the woman invited the strange male up the hill, rather enthusiastically for an adult.  Something about her was a little different, but Senna liked it.

The man joined them, and he also seemed friendly enough. He smiled at both of them, but he only spoke to the older female. Typical. Adults were always talking over her. Senna knew little of the ways of the world and the certain feelings that passed between an adult male and an adult female, but she dearly hoped they weren’t about to get all weird and mushy on her. Like Elliot and that crazy lady Misaki had, right before she was all but shooed away.

Since she hadn’t been addressed, Senna plopped down next to the lady, nosing at what remained of the carcass. If the adults were just going to talk adult talk, maybe she would.. eh.. find a bone to chew or something.

Aug 15, 2017 09:28 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Maia Bryony

“A cache?” Maia quirked a pale brow. So this girl hailed from a pack. Perhaps she would ask further in just a moment. “Oh well, I simply could not eat anymore, so if either of you would like to finish it.” Her eyes traveled from the child to the man who introduced himself as Belarus. Even a handsome name!

“I’m Maia. Are you both living in packs in this area?” Certainly they weren’t from the same pack or they might have smelled the same, recognized each other. So, perhaps that meant that this place was simply overrun with packs. How exciting!

Aug 15, 2017 09:42 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Achievements (?)

The pup’s mentioning of a cache proved Belarus right. He wondered if she hailed from the pack Nima warned him about. She said its land was north of the mountains. He did, however, find it curious that she wasn’t allowed to eat the rabbit because she was in a pack. What harm would it do?

“Well, shouldn’t let a good rabbit go to waste, should we?”

The bastard lowered his head to take a bite of its entrails. After swallowing a mouthful, he turned to the pup and said, “I’ll leave some if you change your mind.”

He took a second small bite before licking some of the blood from his lips.

“That’s a lovely name,” he addressed the snow-white wolf Maia. “I’m not in a pack, I’m a Rogue. I’m traveling with a friend, though.”

Belarus opted to not mention the brewing of a pack. He decided to call Nima “friend” because it seemed like the best word to use at the moment. Presently, they were more in the manner of like-minded acquaintances. But if the pup was indeed from the pack Nima warned of, then he thought it would be best if he kept the identity of his “friend” ambiguous if either of the she-wolves were to implore.

He licked his lips again. That really was a good rabbit. And to think that a few minutes ago this giant of a wolf was looking for tiny little mice.

Aug 15, 2017 10:22 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Senna perked up at the words the man directed toward her. She smiled and shook her head in agreement. “No, of course not!” She giggled at the ridiculous thought. Even though she had a cache now, she was not so pampered that she had forgotten the feeling of an empty belly. She would stuff herself silly before she would let good food go to waste.

“I only meant I don’t need it anymore. There was.. a couple months that I had to uh, completely depend on other nice wolves to um, catch my food for me and sometimes they would go hungry so that I could eat, so…” The girl trailed off, an uncharacteristic frown turning down the corner of her mouth. She didn’t like being reminded of how helpless she was, or all the favors she owed.

Instead of continuing, she took a nibble from the carcass. Thankfully, Maia changed the subject. Another question directed at her! Senna was so excited to answer she forgot that she was in the middle of chewing. 

“Mmm hmm! Imph Phemma Phelwm!” She swallowed and then tried the sentence again. “I’m Senna Selwyn.” The question about the pack thing was a little tricky. “I was kinda in this pack for a little bit, called The Kingdom, but then I heard about some bad stuff that happened there and I dunno if I want to go back.” Senna’s green eyes swept between the pair of older wolves, searching for reactions. Would they be sympathetic of her situation, or would they look down on her for abandoning her packmates?

“So now I stay with some friends in a hollow up north. It’s called the sanctuary, and everyone’s welcome, for however long they wanna stay!” Senna said this last part with pride. She loved that something like the sanctuary existed; a place for wolves to rest and recuperate, without the usual requirement of swearing allegiance. She was lucky she had found such a place to retreat while she was mulling over what she wanted to do about all the drama with The Kingdom.

Aug 16, 2017 07:37 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Maia Bryony

Maia watched happily as her company enjoyed her catch. Certainly it would not be hard to catch another rabbit later. Just a bit of patience and a keen eye. She felt herself flush as Belarus complimented her name. “Oh, well, thank you. Yours is quite noble.” Belarus. Oh, just thinking it brought a wiggle to her hips and she pushed herself up into a sitting position.

“It is awfully kind of them to help you. There is no shame in asking for help, only in being denied.” Thankfully, she had yet to encounter too many cruel wolves.

So, neither of them seemed to be in packs. Poor Senna mentioned something terrible happening in her previous pack, and Maia’s ears folded back. It was not in her nature to pry, however, so she could only lean to touch her nose to the pup’s shoulder. Terrible.

“I’m glad to hear you have found a nice place to live now. Free of tragedy. I’m not sure if I’m content to settle yet. There seems to be much to explore!” Her eyes turned to Belarus. “Do you think you might have room for a third? I don’t mean to intrude, but travelling alone is dreadfully lonely and dull.”

Aug 16, 2017 11:29 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Achievements (?)

The Kingdom. That had Nima written all over it. She claimed to have been a Queen once; she said there was a king. And not a good one. He’d be certain to report back to Nima that he seemed to be chasing away his own pack-mates. Belarus also made a mental note of the sanctuary Senna mentioned. The pack-mates that the timber she-wolf was looking for could be residing there.

He listened to Maia talk about help. The brute was perplexed by how a sweet wolf could have such violent scaring on her face. When she looked at him, he smiled.

“You’re alright. I don’t see why not,” he said. “I’m sure my friend would be more than happy of your company, especially if you keep hunting like this.”

Belarus decided not to mention the pack being formulated in his friend’s mind. Although it seemed to be in the making, it probably wouldn’t be official for a while. The bastard, too, was very interested in getting acquainted with the valley better—maybe even still try to find his brother—and he wouldn’t mind being accompanied by a skilled huntress.

But… “Do you mind if I ask how you came across that, love?” he asked and pointed toward her nose with his own. What if the sweetness and innocence were a mere façade and she was nothing more than a violent killer? Although, Belarus himself had a history of violent kills.

Aug 16, 2017 11:47 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Senna nodded at Maia’s words, rather surprised to hear such wisdom come from the undeniably quirky woman. The girl’s tail fluttered over the snow when Maia touched her shoulder to comfort her. She was liking this lady more and more; maybe she would find the sanctuary appealing? Senna hoped so.

But, no. Apparently she didn’t want to settle yet. Senna could definitely understand that— wanderlust ran deep in her blood as well—but she couldn’t hide the disappointment from her expression. Maia would join Belarus instead. Envy roiled in the pit of the girl’s stomach, further driving away her appetite. Senna had found Maia first… how come Belarus got her then, huh?  It wasn’t fair.

Senna almost excused herself from the group, such was the intensity of her disappointment.  However, Belarus’s next question sparked her interest. She remained settled next to Maia, ears perked, gnawing idly on a rabbit bone. This should be a pretty good story, right? Scar stories always were.

Aug 16, 2017 02:03 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Maia Bryony

Maia was pleased to hear that she could accompany Belarus and his friend. The prospect of more friends was infinitely exciting to her. But then, oddly enough, the topic veered to her scars. Her happy expression fell, melted away like all the snow in spring.

“I was attacked without warning by a man. We were conversing and I suppose he must have found something about my company unappealing.” Again, up came the tears. Gently welling, but she knew they would not fall. The sting of the encounter was wearing off and the kind words of the desert wolves had surely softened the blow.

Aug 16, 2017 04:09 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Achievements (?)

Belarus tilted his head slightly, feeling a little guilty for bringing up what appeared to be a sensitive topic to the she-wolf. He noticed the watering in her blue orbs, but they didn’t cascade down her face.

“He sounds like a dick,” he said. “Sorry, but I had to ask. My friend would have been curious about it as well.”

The brute looked down at Senna, gnawing on a rabbit bone. He was tempted to ask her if she knew an Idemoni or an Igbo. Chances are, she did. But he didn’t want to get a pup involved that had a small likelihood of becoming bad. And she could ask too many questions. Nima wanted her identity kept secret, especially from those near the pack, The Kingdom.

His gaze then averted to the darkening sky. Come tomorrow, he would only have two days to find at least one of them and tell them Nima before reporting back to mountain.

He wondered if Maia would be interested in joining. That would be something. If he did in the end, fail to find them, he could still have a possible recruit with him.

Plus, she’s pretty.

Aug 16, 2017 04:27 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.