Roleplay Forums | Map

i can’t have it any other way
[summons] the boys, aw | morning | heavy snowfall

Name Player
Titania Morris Anna
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She snorted out snowflakes.

Just WHAT was up with this weather. Hmph. Tita wasn’t impressed. First she had to hide under a tree with Maaike, and now this. It wasn’t half as terrifying as the snowstorms in the mountains had been, but she had kind of hoped that when she woke up it would have calmed down. No such luck, apparently.

Tita wandered the rise, sticking under the trees so she at least had some form of shelter.

“Deeeeem? Obeeeeee?” Tita yowled, wanting to catch up with her brothers some more.

Aug 18, 2017 03:16 AM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Titania Morris Anna
Achievements (?)
None yet!

gonna close this in a day or two if no one joins!

Huff.

No signs of either brother. No problem, boys. Not like she wanted to spend time with you, anyway.

She mentally rolled her eyes, feeling sassy that she had to search for them. Feeling sassy that they wouldn’t poof into existence for her—obviously the most important family member.

“Maaikeeeee?” Tita also decided to try, moving through the snow just the same.

Aug 22, 2017 04:19 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Maaike Morris Chris
Achievements (?)
helper

Maaike had been going over things in her head, giving everything quite a lot of thought. It had worn her out mentally and she’d collapsed the previous night, wandering the rise into a fluffy winter Maaike-ball, but at her sister’s call a head emerged and a pair of ears stuck up. She had resumed her late sleep-ins after arriving home, with the comfort of a cache stopping her from needing to hunt all the time.

Which was one of the things she was thinking about, really.

“Heeeeee-yyyyyaaaaaahhhhhh.” The word turned into an enormous yawn as she called sleepily back to her sister. She licked her lips and tried again.

“Ung. Here!”

Aug 22, 2017 06:35 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Titania Morris Anna
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She stopped, perked her ears, and bounced in the direction of the voice. “Maaikeee!” she said with more enthusiasm, seeing her sister up ahead. “I haven’t seen you in a secondddd,” Tita observed, yawning at the sight of her sister’s yawn.

Aug 22, 2017 07:38 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Maaike Morris Chris
Achievements (?)
helper

Tita’s return-yawn trigger another yawn but finally Maaike seemed to shake off the sleep, never needing much encouragement to join the world when her sister wanted her to do so.

“Yeah, I was down at the creek.” She threw her forelegs out in front of her and went to get up, dipping her weight forwards and bracing her hindlegs in a stand while her chest bowed into the snow.

“You okay? Was I dreaming or were you calling the boys?”

Aug 22, 2017 07:42 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Titania Morris Anna
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Maaike was stretching, and Tita lazily went to nudge her in greeting. “I was,” she informed after that, pulling away and shaking her coat out. “Thought it would be nice to catch up some more.” Just spend time talking about nothing and everything with them, like she did with Maaike.

Aug 22, 2017 08:20 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Maaike Morris Chris
Achievements (?)
helper

Maaike stretched out her muzzle to Tita as she came closer, wagged at the nudge, and nuzzled at her cheek in return.

“Actually I had a favour to ask you.” She spoke brightly, but perhaps a few notches less than her usual level of ballistic Maaike enthusiasm.

She straightened up and copied Tita by shaking her coat thoroughly as well.

Aug 22, 2017 09:04 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Titania Morris Anna
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Maaike had never really asked her for a favour before, so this was new. “What’s up?” she said, curious.

Aug 22, 2017 09:21 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Maaike Morris Chris
Achievements (?)
helper

Maaike pointed both ears at Tita. “Can you give me a hunting lesson please?” She asked. “I want to catch up with you, too, but I need to… clear my head I think first? And since we got home I haven’t done much hunting.” She hadn’t done any actually, apart from her rodent pouncing. But that wasn’t what she was thinking about now.

Aug 22, 2017 03:53 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Titania Morris Anna
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Uhh… what?

Tita was no expert hunter. But oh man. Well. “Okay,” came the word. “Why do you need a lesson though?” she asked. Why not just a hunt together? “Was someone mean to you about something?” Tita observed her sister closely, fur gently fluffing up out of protectiveness.

Aug 22, 2017 06:42 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Oberon Jade
Achievements (?)
None yet!

For Oberon, the novelty of snow had yet to wear off.

While at first he’d been skeptical of the white stuff blanketing Falcon Rise, he had quickly grown fond of it: the way it made everything pristine and sparkling, the way it crunched beneath his paws, the way it muffled the sounds all around, making the whole world quieter… Somehow it all felt so perfect. And with flakes tumbling down in a steady, heavy snowfall, the boy was very much in his element.

It was early yet, but he’d been tromping across the slopes for some time — enough that his coat had become caked with ice a couple of times. He’d recently given it a good shake, but that thick, black fur of his had already acquired a fresh dusting of white. He ambled along with his head level with his spine, tail swishing idly behind him.

His aimless path abruptly gained a new direction, however, with the sound of a yowling call from his sister. Oberon paused long enough to cup his ears toward the call and pinpoint where it was coming from. Then he set out again, moving with purpose — and at somewhat livelier pace.

Once he felt he was a little closer, he drew in a breath and yowled back:

“Whaaaat?”

His breath coalesced into a fog around his muzzle only to dissipate as he passed through it, moving on without stopping.

<hr>
Sorry for the wait; spent the weekend catching up on posts I had owed for a few days. D: Glad I can jump into some new stuff now, though~!

Aug 22, 2017 08:05 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Maaike Morris Chris
Achievements (?)
helper

She shook her head. Nothing like that, though it made her feel good to hear the protective urge in Tita’s voice. Still, she was meant to be the protector, however nice it was to have Tita looking out for her. “Nah, it’s not that.” Maaike huffed out a breath. “Come on Tita, you know I’m no good at catching like, anything, apart from rats or mice. I want to get good at catching bunnies and bigger stuff.” She whined softly and put out a big old foot to paw beseechingly at her sister.

Her ears perked and she smiled; it was good having the boys around, even though she found she missed Maeve way more now for some reason. “Obe! Think he’ll want to help me as well?” She asked.

Aug 22, 2017 08:58 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Titania Morris Anna
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Okay, nobody had been mean to Maaike. Her fur flattened out. “Maybe we can find some deer and stuff. They should be easier to catch in the snow,” she said, remembering Abrielle’s words.

And then came the yowl of one brother. Tita’s tail wagged. “As long as I’m the lead hunter!” she joked to her sister, before turning her head in the direction of his voice. “Obeeeee,” Tita called, the end of his name drifting into a sort of lazy bark-howl.

Aug 22, 2017 09:05 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Oberon Jade
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He could hear the murmur of conversation as he approached a wooded area — and soon, the sound of Titania calling back to him. Oberon picked up the pace, settling into a lope that would carry him to the treeline. Once there, he slowed down again and started turning his head this way and that, peering around the foliage.

Granted, there wasn’t much there to obscure his view. In the dead of winter, only the evergreens still had leaves, and they were spaced evenly enough that he glimpsed his sisters without having to search for long. Once he’d caught sight of the two girls, Oberon started weaving through the trees toward them, moving in an almost serpentine path.

“What’s up?” he asked in the most casual, noncommittal greeting he could muster.

Although inwardly he was rather curious as to why they’d called for him and Demetrius.

Aug 22, 2017 10:42 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Maaike Morris Chris
Achievements (?)
helper

Maaike smiled at her sister and nodded. “Of course!” She agreed readily. A deer should be interesting, and a good distraction as well. “How does snow make them easier to hunt, again?” She checked, just so she didn’t mess anything up before it began.

She barked a greeting to her brother and dipped into a playbow. Then her head tilted at his question and her eyes sparkled, a sure sign she was about to come out with a joke.

“The sky!” She declared to his question, then, never one to be shy about laughing at her own jokes, Maaike dissolved into laughter.

Aug 23, 2017 02:52 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Titania Morris Anna
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“Abrielle said our paws make it easier for us,” she quickly reminded her sister.

And then came her blue-eyed twin! Tita grinned his way, tail wagging and going to sniff at his face before pulling away. “PFFtttt,” she snorted at Maaike’s silly answer. If she could have foreseen or stopped the embarrassing sound from coming out, she would have.

“We’re going on a hunt for something big!” Tita informed, before looking towards Maaike. “Do you wanna talk to Obe about the lake thing now or when Dem’s here—maybe later?” she asked openly, usually not one to hide information, and today was no exception.

Aug 23, 2017 03:19 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 4.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.