Roleplay Forums | Map

may i have your attention please!
[summons] Calling all Sanctuary wolves, mid-day.

Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts profile

This day would be different, she told herself. It would be different because she had a plan, a plan to bring them together and discuss. She had planned it from when Nanook had called Adonai and her to his side to speak of the Sanctuary and their plans. But now, now she wanted to make it official or discuss it with the rest. She never saw herself as a leader, never imagined herself ever having that sort of title and she never would. Nanook or Adonai, perhaps, she mused. They would deserve it. But they would be equal ranks, none better than the other, but she would wait to hear everyone’s input. If it was ever to be something more than a temporary home, someone would need to start it. That, someone, was apparently her.

So she crawled out of the hollow at midday, she watched the sun rise and fall many days, but this would be different. She believed it.

Standing on top, she called out to all. Who would answer?  She hoped someone would, she did not want to feel or be seen as a fool. With a heartfelt sigh, she waited. patiently.

Aug 21, 2017 08:27 PM

[ ignore ]

Scarce

Name Player
Nanook Himura Dai.
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos profile

With all the craziness that had been happening as of recent, it had escaped the pale wolf to talk to both Sienna and Adonai about pack matters, to make things official. No doubt, it was on his mind, daily, but he just hadn’t gotten around to calling them and Senna and anyone else who was interested in joining The Sanctuary. In his head, they were all already a pack, but there were formalities he supposed.

So when the call went up, Nanook was curious to what the young girl wanted. Was there news on young Dalus? Was it something to do with Elliot? The wolf who claimed himself a king and was assuredly sneaking about their boarders. Or did she have other questions? He wasn’t sure, but he sure was about to find out.

He was quick to answer with a howl of his own, getting accustomed to responding to others in such a way, it felt good, it felt natural.

The older wolf wasn’t far, marking the boarders, catching a few mice he found hidden in a hole somewhere, the usual. Scarfing down one measly mouse, he dangled the other two by their tails in his mouth. Not the proudest catch he had to give, but it was still a nice snack.

He rounded a hilltop and there he saw her, Sienna standing tall on top The Hollow, it was a proud feeling, to see her so confidently standing, claiming the land as her home. It felt good to know that some who stayed felt confident in the territory. It made him feel good, like he was doing his job. Who knows if that was truly true though, but he felt it nonetheless.

“Sienna!” He called, head dipping as a greeting once he was in view. Slowly he climbed the hilltop and sat the two mice next to the young girl. “It’s not much, but a light meal.” He mused over the idea of even using the term meal for prey so small, but it would do well in giving one a quick pick-me-up.

“So, Sienna, you called?” It was time to get serious, there was a reason that she summoned those in the area and the howl itself held a serious note to it. He was all too curious to what the girl had to say and why she chose to summon those to The Hollow.

_

i’m gonna leave some details vague since i’m not sure where this fits in the territory’s timeline?

Aug 21, 2017 09:37 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Adonai fenshae
Achievements (?)
2mos 100ooc 100posts profile

Adonai had been away far too long, and he was exhausted with what had transpired. But, on the bright side, he was feeling safer, now. Elliot had been reasonable enough, Thrush presumably hadn’t trailed him home like a parasite, and he’d had a chance to take a nice long nap and eat a frozen stiff rabbit.

The pain in his hip had even subsided a bit, with rest and cold.

He was happy to hear Sienna’s voice, pleased that she had not yet left—that he’d not missed her entirely—and he headed toward it with pleasant curiosity about what it was she wanted to say. Probably saying farewell before she left, he thought. Or—a selfish hope gripped him—saying she wasn’t leaving after all.

((will lumber in next round))

Aug 21, 2017 11:13 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Dalus Dusk Citrus
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts helper lonelythreads profile

He’d been resting in the shadow of the hollow as the sun crept steadily higher into the sky. It wouldn’t be long before Sienna sought him out so they could go to the forest. He needed to preserve his energy for the undeniably arduous trip.

Coincidentally, it was Sienna’s howl that roused him once the sun had reached it’s peak. Dalus blinked blearily at the bright, noon-time sunlight. “Hmph,” he complained to no one in particular.

Jaws parted in a weary yawn, he slowly rose to his paws, his muscles stiff from the cold. Although, just as soon as he started to fully come to his senses, another howl pierced the silence: familiar, yet entirely unwelcome.

Despite having seen a lot of the older male as of late, Dalus had yet to muster up the courage to give him a chance. In his partial groggy state, his paranoid mind ran rampant, sending his heart thundering against his chest for reasons unknown to even him.

Pinning his ears flat against his head, Dalus shot a frantic glance over his shoulder at the hollow, his paws dancing in place indecisively. The next moment, they were propelling him frantically through the frigid river and away.

| exit

Aug 21, 2017 11:40 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Senna heard the summoning howl loud and clear, and she began walking toward the source even though her mind was slightly confused. The call had come from a voice she didn’t recognize; then again, she had not yet met all of the residents of the hollow.  Senna had avoided the central parts of the territory for most of her stay, wishing to give Dalus his space while he recovered—her presence was obviously quite disturbing to him. If he were completely well, Senna would have pushed more for their friendship, but as it was she knew she needed to let the skittish boy rest.

Speaking of… like a bat out of hell Dalus went flying away from the hollow, so quickly that Senna was taken aback. Wasn’t he supposed to be sick? He was gone so fast that Senna didn’t even have time to react, or call after him, or anything.. and he had been moving with such purpose that he probably wouldn’t have heard in the first place.

There wasn’t much she could do, so despite her confusion and curiosity Senna continued on toward the source of the howl.  As the familiar sight of her guardian came into view, Senna wagged her tail in relief. Nanook would know what was going on. The girl brushed her shoulder against Nanook’s in greeting as she drew up beside him.

“Is something wrong?” she asked, apple-green gaze flicking from Nanook’s face to those of the two strangers. “Dalus was running outta the hollow like he saw a ghost..”

Aug 22, 2017 08:12 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts profile

She smiled as Nanook came into view and called her name in greeting. Two mice hung from his mouth and she felt her mouth salivating at the thought. She had eaten, but a snack was always nice as wel. She would, but not now. After. She watched as he came to take a seat next to her and she looked up at him curiously. “Good afternoon, Nanook.” She said cheerfully. It was always a good impression.

A scent, and then another wolf. A wolf that she had seen that seemed to be new to these parts. She had saw her when she had returned. She was young and she didn’t tell her her name. “I’m sorry, I uh, what’s your name?” So. Dipping her head she nodded to her as well with questionable curiosity. Until. A white blue sped out of the hollow and down to the river. With wide eyes, she watched as the all too familiar frame all but bolted away.

The girl then spoke up as she came next to Nanook. They seemed close. Maybe… Maybe this was the infamous Senna? The coincidence of the name still tickled her. Well, she had asked, maybe she would answer. And then. “I’ll check up with him after, he’s probably going for a drink, no worries.” She gave a forced small smile to the girl, her stomach churning at the anxiety of him.

A scent. Adonai. Her tail thumped on the group as he began to enter her view. With almost everyone here, she began. “Nanook spoke with Adonai and I awhile ago about making the Sanctuary official. I was thinking thing over and I believe Nanook should be the leader. Adonai should be the Beta or something. I’m not good with ranks. But,” She eyed each of them before continuing. “My goal is to make it official today, if everyone is able to agree. Any inputs?”

Aug 22, 2017 11:05 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Adonai fenshae
Achievements (?)

Adonai ambled up to the group just in time to hear the words Adonai should be the beta and he chuckled.

“Don’t think I’m leadership material, huh?”

Nodding a greeting to Nanook, he allowed his gaze to travel curiously over Senna. Not the pup they’d first met in the Hollow, when they arrived, but of a similar age. This was probably the one Nanook had spoken of—and the one Elliot had been inquiring about. His gut clenched at that thought.

Well. She was here, right now, and Elliot had left, and they had numbers right now. They’d be all right.

He peered around, looking to see if anyone else might be coming. He’d hoped Libby might have decided to stick around, but he hadn’t seen her. Then again, he’d been a bit busy with finding Dalus and then meddling with their neighbors and then taking his sweet time getting home.

Maybe that’s why Sienna didn’t think he was good leader material.

“I agree, though. This was Nanook’s home first, and he should be the one calling the shots. He knows how things have always been, and how things should be moving forward.”

Aug 23, 2017 12:33 AM — Post #6

Scarce

Name Player
Nanook Himura Dai.
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos profile

As the others watched, so did Nanook, his amber eyes trailing the flash of white, barely seen against the snow. That boy Dalus, he was a strange one indeed. The pale wolf had never met one so shy and timid, he was truly at a lose on how to handle the boy. Best he kept his distance for now, at least kept out of sight. From the few encounters he had with the youngling, it seemed he was not yet ready to interact with those he did not know well.

The touch of one so familiar sent a warm shiver down his spine, he still wasn’t used to being to interactive with another. It was comforting, but made him nervous at the same time. Which he thought was odd and often pondered why at night. It was one of the many thoughts that kept him up at night. He was slowly sorting out some theories to why he reacted in such a way, but now was not the time to muse over such theories.

Amber eyes caught those of apple green, just briefly, he was at a lose himself. No thoughts came to mind on what might have caused young Dalus to behave in the way he had, but thankfully, Sienna had spoken up on the matter.

Then, Sienna spoke more, on things that he had wished to bring up to the group himself. He felt a little embarrassed that he had not done so sooner, but there was nothing he could do about it now. Quietly, he listened, a little awe struck at the proposal of his ranking.

For a moment, he was speechless and his silence continued as Adonai entered the scene. He was a welcomed face and Nanook gave a returning nod of greeting as he smiled at the older male. It was good to see him here, alive and well. He was still here too, they were all still here, everyone, expect for Alessia.

Nanook wished that he could have saved her from the cyclone, he cursed himself daily for failing, but after so much searching, he could not keep going and put Senna at risk. She had tired fast and the storm had picked up. They tried their best, but it didn’t matter, they never found Alessia.

“I am honored that you both think of me so highly.” If he was younger and less experienced in the ways of hiding his true emotions, his voice would have been trembling with excitement and awe, but instead, he was aged, composed and calm. On the inside, he was crawling. Leader, Pack leader. The level of responsibility just rose. He had never been given such a title, before, he was merely a Chaser, a hunter. Could he really compare to Fern and Argus? Had he already been performing the duties of an Alpha? He was not sure. His chest was tight.

Breath.

It was time to talk, no one else was. Another deep breath, but slow, as to not alarm anyone that he was stressing about the bump from Rouge to Alpha. Was this really happening? “I have been thinking about ranks recently, most I have taken from when The Sanctuary was first erected. Others I thought fitting to add as new additions, though, anyone may suggest ideas as well.” Briefly, he looked at each wolf before him, trying to focus on their faces instead of his insides. Leader or not, he wished them all to have a say in the matter of pack dealings. “Seekers, those who venture past pack boarders, seeking those in need, those who are looking for Sanctuary. Protectors, boarder patrol and defenders, those who will fight if need be, but can restrain themselves until necessary. Chasers, the pack’s hunters. Healer, one who knows the way of herbs and is able to care for and remedy aliments. Herbalist, those who can identify and gather herbs for the Healer and be their aide at times. Aspirants, those who do not yet know of where their place is.”

He paused for a moment, letting everyone absorb all that had been said. Nanook had been thinking about this day a lot and it was a slight relief to the crawling inside him that this moment was finally happening, no matter how nerve wreaking it was at the moment. “There will be the Sages, those of life experience, those who know many things and are willing to teach the young and inexperienced.” He looked over at Adonai as he spoke the sentence. “Adonai, my friend, I believe you to be fit for this title, being of sound mind and knowledge, although, if another rank suits you better, please, feel free to speak.” His gaze then shifted to Senna and Sienna. “You both may choose your own paths as well, I will not force any to be what they do not wish to be. As well as young Dalus, if he so chooses to stay.” His gaze set to where the young male had been heading, toward the river.

“If you all truly wish for me to lead, then I will do so with all my might and I shall be your Guardian.” The more he spoke the more pride that swelled up in his chest, suffocating the crawling nerves inside. He just couldn’t believe this was happening, it was really happening, it wasn’t just some fantasy in his head. “And we shall make The Hillside Sanctuary a place of peace and safety.”

_

i’m sorry for the wait and i hope i didn’t post out of turn? i figured since it’s been so many days i was good? Dx

Aug 28, 2017 01:31 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Even someone as young and inexperienced as Senna knew when she was being blown off.  Her eyes narrowed in annoyance as the girl, who wasn’t that much older than her, offered some feeble excuse for Dalus and insisted that she not worry. “No.” Senna insisted, the challenge ringing loud in her voice. “That’s not what he was doing.” Senna looked at the ground and shuffled her paws petulantly instead of giving her name, as the older girl had requested.

Everyone else seemed content to let the Dalus subject drop, with further irritated Senna. She didn’t really understand what Sienna meant by “making the sanctuary official,” but from the way the others responded, it seemed like “official” meant they were supposed to decide right here, right now, who got to be the boss of who. It reminded Senna of when she played “house” as a small child with some of her age mates. You be Beta, and I’ll be Alpha. No! I wanna be alpha!

Already, feelings were being stomped all over. Sienna dismissed the idea of that wolf Adonai being leader and then he cracked a small joke about it— it was the sort of joke that people sometimes make when they actually are a little bit hurt. Nobody even responded to his joke. Senna shot him a sympathetic look. Sanctuary was supposed to be a happy, peaceful place for everybody! If this meeting was making some people run away like a bat outta hell and maybe giving others hurt feelings, should they even be having it?  Sanctuary was changing very quickly, right before Senna’s eyes, and she didn’t like it at all.

Nanook plowed on ahead with his idea about ranks and such, which seemed very well-thought-out for someone who was just put on the spot as alpha. It made Senna think that perhaps Nanook wasn’t just put on the spot… that he had been thinking about this stuff for a while. Why hadn’t he said anything to Senna? If he had been planning all along to change their home this drastically, why hadn’t he even mentioned anything to her?  Looking around, it seemed like everyone was on the same page about this… everyone but Senna. Had everyone else in the circle known about this “official” business except her? Why didn’t anyone ever think she deserved to know anything?!

Senna could not believe that they were just going to sit here and divvy up ranks among themselves, like puppies grabbing selfishly for their portion of the meal that Mom brought home, all while one of their own could be in trouble. This was NOT what sanctuary was about! They should be out there trying to find Dalus and help him. If he was that scared, he could really be in trouble. In danger. That was what santuary was supposed to be about—helping wolves in need. It was not at all about who got to be the boss of who. 

Senna didn’t think she could take it anymore, if she had to hear everyone start picking and choosing their titles. She huffed and shuffled in place, ears flattened with emotion. “Why does anything have to change at all?” she piped. She didn’t wait for an answer before she asked her next question, louder. “Why does it matter who’s the boss? We don’t need a boss, or a guardian or whatever, to help people.” The girl backed away from the circle, wanting to be anywhere but here. Another rapid question fell out of her mouth.  “What are we even doing here, when there’s someone who needs help?”  She turned away from the group, but before she left, she met Nanook’s eyes.

“Seeker,” she said to him, agitation in her voice but disappointment in her eyes. There, her title was requested. They didn’t need her here at this meeting anymore. The important decisions had clearly already been made without her. “Now I’m gonna go seek Dalus.”

She was gone, vamoose, out of here. She had no interest in hearing the answers to her questions; she knew that they would just talk down to her, like she was some stupid pup who had everything wrong and didn’t have valid opinions or feelings. They would probably try to soothe her with gentle tones and kind words—like the way they always talked to Dalus—which would probably make her lose her mind.  And she didn’t want to lose her mind. Not now, not here in front of these two relative strangers. If anyone called after her, Senna ignored them. Nanook could find her later if he wanted to talk.
__
Exit unless physically stopped/ cut off.

Aug 28, 2017 09:06 AM — Post #8

[ Edited: Aug 28, 2017 10:10 AM by Senna ]
Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts profile

She was happy, to say the least, that this was going so well. Her eyes fell onto Nanook as she listened intently to his words. And then Adonai. She tossed him a sad smile, he wanted this though, right? She wasn’t going to be highborn or anything or that sort either. This Sanctuary, even with the ranks, it would always classify the wolves as equal. No one would be higher than the other. However, her thoughts were cut short as Senna spoke out. She narrowed her eyes at her and Sienna looked at her with something along the lines of disbelief. Had she said something wrong?

Ah. “Senna,” She said slowly. She knew her name. She just wasn’t sure if it was correct. If it wasn’t, then she would correct her. “Dalus has anxiety, like many of us, do. At times there are points where we need to be left alone to our thoughts. He is my best friend. I know him better than any of you here and if you think that you all can just go after him like this, it’s going to scare him off.” She breathed in through her nose, slight agitation seeping through her words. “I know you want to be friends with him, and be my guest, please. But now is not the time to storm off like a child throwing a tantrum without understanding,” She got up and walked down the base of the hollow.

Attempting, she trotted until she was in front of Senna. “The basic regard and respect of the situation. If we do not work together then the Sanctuary will not stay strong for long.” She lowered her voice, more calmly. She gave her a soft look and a slow wag of her tail. “I know you don’t know me and not many others here, but we need you, Senna. Your opinion matters just as much as our own and you’re just as important.” She stepped away so that she could leave if she wanted to. Sienna felt like a big sister giving her little sister a reprimanding and lecture.

She raised her head before turning around and walking back up to the Hollow. “The Sanctuary is a place for peace, I started this meeting for that reason only and we don’t need to break that peace. On my behalf, I apologize. I might have worded it wrong. I wanted everyone to share their opinions today, no matter what they were. It wouldn’t be a Sanctuary if we didn’t feel welcome, would it?” Her eyes landed on Senna for a moment, either as a fleeting shadow or a solitude figure in front of the entrance. Eventually, she sat down next to Adonai.

Aug 29, 2017 04:13 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Adonai fenshae
Achievements (?)

Adonai noticed Senna’s glance his direction, and he offered her what he hoped was a reassuring smile, though he wasn’t quite sure what was going through her head just then. She seemed…upset.

Ah, Dalus had run off before he got here. Well. That was hardly a surprise. It made his brain ache, though, that kid. He’d need a talking-to. He figured Sienna would handle it, but maybe he should go talk to him, himself. He felt bad for running off on his own little adventure while he was sick, too, maybe that wasn’t improving his mood…ugh. What a mess.

The girls traded comments on Dalus, and he decided to stay out of it.

But he listened patiently as Nanook detailed the rankings of the old pack, feeling a bit overwhelmed at the number of them. There were just a handful of wolves here; how in the world could so many positions be filled?

He was simultaneously amused and flattered at the idea of being called a Sage. He nodded to Nanook, trying to make it clear with his eyes that his faint snort of laughter had nothing to do with disrespecting the other guy’s choice but just…Adonai. A sage. What a ridiculous turn of events his life had taken.

He was just about to open his mouth to wonder about filling the ranks—whether, perhaps, some roles could be combined, or if a looser structure might be better in their opinion, similar to what he’d witnessed at YMCA—but then Senna seemingly exploded with pent-up commentary.

He blinked. “We need structure so that the things that need to get done, get done efficiently,” he started to explain, but there it was, Sienna had jumped in, explaining things, and then Senna was leaving, and Sienna was chasing after and…ugh. God spare him teenage girls.

He loved the kids, but they really needed to see about recruiting some older wolves. There was entirely too much emotion on display for his middle-aged brain to handle.

He glanced to Nanook, questioning. Well, leader. Here’s your chance to do some leading. The look said.

For his part, Adonai would be plenty content to sit back and watch how this resolved. He was only going to jump into the middle of things if absolutely necessary.

Aug 29, 2017 04:45 PM — Post #10

Scarce

Name Player
Nanook Himura Dai.
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos profile

Nanook had indeed been thinking of this day for some time now, but he did not foresee the distress ahead.

He thought he had laid his words out smoothly, confidently and appropriately. Weren’t the things he said pack related? Were they not formal and said the way he thought they were always said? Had he said something wrong?

It seemed fitting that things to be discussed at a meeting be about ranks and whatnot. These were traditional things, right?

Nanook did not really know. There were no memories from when he was in his natal pack, he did not know how things were ran. His knowledge of pack life and politics only came from one source, a young troubled Alpha from the lands of were he grew up. It was the ways of old, or so he was told, with an alpha, beta and so forth.

From his experience in The Valley, he had slowly learned that things were ran differently. Wolves acted a little different, friendlier to begin with, most anyway. Packs were different too -even though he had only experienced one-, they still had what seemed like ranks, but they were loose in duty. They were more like titles then anything and he liked that idea. It didn’t feel quite as stressful, but probably only due to the feeling of less of a commitment.

Pack life in general had been foreign to him, so when he came across The Sanctuary, he had become even more confused when what little knowledge he had of pack life, was proven to not be quite right.

Had he proposed things in the wrong manner? Was his understanding of pack life in The Valley, not right? Obviously he had done something terribly wrong because Senna had become upset very quickly.

The pale wolf was at a loss, it had already been hard enough to build himself up for this moment, hard enough to say so much at once, in the spotlight that he imagined so many nights in a row. Now, he had an upset pup, a pup that he was fond of.

What was he to do? What was he to say?

In his dismay, a worried look flooded his amber hues. Senna was getting up, she was leaving, she would run, wouldn’t she? Back to The Kingdom maybe? Back to Elliot. The thought tore at his insides.

Nanook did not feel well.

He rose, something deep down pulling him towards the little wolf. He needed to be by her, try and explain whatever needed to be explained, but he did not know what went wrong.

He managed to take one step before someone else intervened, Sienna. The agitation that came through her words was apparent, at least to Nanook, but he hoped that Senna would not be upset with her too. He had obviously been the cause of this mess, it was not fair for others to be drawn into it as well. It just made the old wolf worry and feel not so good.

“Senna..” His voice was soft, with a hint of regret hanging on the name. “These are things that need to be discussed.” His mind was starting to scramble, trying to figure out what he had said to make her so upset, along with trying to figure out what to say to fix it, a pleading look in his eyes. For a moment though, he went silent as Sienna tried to pursue the fleeting pup. Which did not seem like a good move, to stop someone from leaving when they chose to leave. The action did not settle well with Nanook. His protectiveness over Senna seemed to battle with his nerve wrecking anxiety about whatever he had done or said to cause her reaction in the first place.

Part 1

Aug 31, 2017 11:47 PM — Post #11

Scarce

Name Player
Nanook Himura Dai.
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos profile

This feeling that was rising in him caused a certain feel of confidence as well, confidence in his role as her protector, it brought back his focus and his face grew calm.

Between listening to Sienna speak, not wanting to be rude to the young girl who now seemed to try and be calm about her own words, Nanook caught the look of the other male. This look only reaffirmed his mock confidence. It was a supportive gaze that challenged him into action and he would take on this challenge because he needed to protector Senna and he needed to teach her.

A few more steps were taken toward the pair of females, his head raised and tail relaxed. “It seems as though things have been misunderstood.” He started, eyes soft and gaze set on the two, catching yellow pearls before apple greens. He gave the yearling an apologetic look, hoping that she would not take this outburst personal. He sorely hoped that the two would eventually become close friends because he felt that pups needed that. It was something he wished that he had experienced more in his childhood. He wanted it for Senna, better things.

“I’m sure that young Dalus will be ok, Sienna and Adonai know him well.” He gave each a quick glance before returning his gaze on the pup that he had grown fond of, hoping that she would listen. “They are also both correct, a pack needs structure to run smoothly. Before, The Sanctuary was run loosely and we did not last long. The wolves that resided here before were distant with one another, only helping by filling the cache and providing safety in numbers. They never banded together with a set purpose, other than to survive, at least, not to my knowledge. I think that we can do more then that, I think we can thrive here, with each other’s help and maybe even help from others we do not know yet.” A smile grew on his face at the idea, images of a large group of wolves, filling the territory and beyond. Wolves of knowledge and wolves of healing and young that learned and played and were safe. He wasn’t entirely sure were such dreams came from.

Maybe it was due to his own lack of sanctuary when he was young? Sure he had a mother and father, everyone did, but he could not remember who they were or where they were, so to him, he had no one. Maybe because there was no such place for him to run to, when he needed it the most? No, he had no place to hide when the darkness terrified him. Maybe because he had no real teacher, only picking things up from here and there? Watching wolves from a distance and learning things from chance encounters with questionable sources. Maybe it was due to this or maybe it was something he hadn’t even thought of yet. He wasn’t sure, but he felt better after explaining himself more.

“Yes, I want everyone to feel welcome.” He echoed Sienna’s words, feeling that they seemed fitting for a Sanctuary Wolf to say. He only hoped that Senna felt welcome, even though, essentially, she was in a room full of strangers.

-

Part 2

sorry for long read oAo;;

Aug 31, 2017 11:47 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Erm, so… there’s a lot of dialogue here that Senna wouldn’t have stuck around for. Sorry everyone ;-; but I have Senna exiting after Sienna’s “your opinion matters” comment, somewhere around Dai’s Part 1—hopefully your posts will only need minor edits. >.< Again, sorry. Teenagers, amiright?
____

No, no, no, Sienna was coming after her, rattling on something about Dalus. Why was she talking about Dalus? Oh, right, that had been Senna’s excuse for leaving the meeting. She had delivered the excuse mere seconds ago, but it had already been forgotten, so tumultuous were her emotions.  Sienna’s voice was stressed, words full of logic, logic that Senna was so beyond being able to see right now. Senna felt her control over herself slipping—and her self control was never really that great, even on a good day. She halted when the older girl cut her off.

What Sienna had to say next was so utterly condescending, the girl dropped her jaw is shock. A child throwing a tantrum was she? No, this wasn’t the tantrum, Sienna, not even close. Not yet. This was the attempt to avoid the tantrum. An attempt that had just been thwarted.

Senna was was visibly shaking as Sienna spouted off something about structure, or whatever. Senna couldn’t hear it, couldn’t concentrate on anything that wasn’t keeping herself from lunging at the wolf who had trapped her in a place that she desperately wanted to leave. Oddly, it was when the girl’s words turned kind that Senna lost her last shreds of control. Something about the girl being nice, trying to reassure her, felt just as condescending as the tantrum comment.

A growl of frustration and desperation tore from Senna’s throat. She snapped her jaws closed in front of Sienna’s muzzle a couple times, the most primal, feral of sounds bursting from within her. She didn’t make contact with the girl, the action was merely an attempt to make the other female back the hell off. Senna’s eyes were darting wildly, and her nape fur was standing on end. She had the look of a wild animal, trapped and terrified.

“Leave me ALONE!” she cried. She moved forward with a burst of strength, attempting with all her might to shoulder past Sienna. She would run into the trees, and run and run and run… oh, she had really done it now, hadn’t she? This was exactly the scene that Senna had hoped to avoid by making her exit earlier.
___

Exit fo’ real this time, unless she is like… physically grabbed by Sienna and wrestled to the ground or something. o.o

Sep 01, 2017 09:43 AM — Post #13

Name Player
Adonai fenshae
Achievements (?)

Adonai groaned, audibly, rubbing his face against his foreleg.

“Sienna,” he barked, not exactly a reprimand but with firmness. A Dad-voice. “Let her go.”

Sienna was tough and tenacious. She never knew when to quit. It was something he loved about the girl, even respected in a way—but he knew, also, that there was a time and place for a tactical retreat.

Nanook was in charge here, but Adonai was supposed to be the voice of wisdom and experience, right? He was the Sage, right?

hah.

“Nanook can talk to her. She’s just as overwhelmed as Dalus, and it’s not fair that he gets to skip out on a meeting if she can’t, right?”

She’d stayed and listened to plenty, enough to get the gist of what was going on here; maybe it was overly ambitious to expect young wolves to handle such complicated pack matters.

What this sanctuary really needed was a few more adults who could help stem the tides of this madness. Or at least relieved a bit of pressure off the shoulders of an old man who was in no way cut out for this level of responsibility.

His gaze traveled back to Nanook. “I accept your offer to be a Sage,” he said, dryly. “And my first bit of sagely advice is to let her cool off, but not too long. You’re closest with her. I’m sure she’ll listen, and tell you what’s actually bothering her, once she’s calmed down. Meanwhile,” a sharp look back toward Sienna, “You should go talk to Dalus.”

He was a sage and, apparently, a master of delegation.

He still wanted to talk about the rank structure, but it seemed like a pointless discussion to have when half of their would-be pack members were nursing hurt feelings and running away in a teenage huff.

Sep 01, 2017 06:07 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts profile

Oh Senna - if Sienna wasn’t in the presence of adults or didn’t know her, she would have put her in her place from snapping at her and charging off. What a fucking meeting. What a brat. She glanced at Nanook with a slightly annoyed expression - one he would know well if he was around children for awhile, before looking at Adonai.

She should go talk to Dalus. Right. She flicked an ear and sighed, her expression falling dormant in its entirety. Nodding, she offered a quick lick to his cheek before heading off, going towards the direction of where she saw him run off to.

/exit unless stopped

Sep 02, 2017 02:34 AM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.