Roleplay Forums | Map

Forlorn
Western Pains, northwestern region | Full winter | Afternoon | Scattered snow

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna had to travel somewhat north of the Hidden Cove to find a good point to ascend up onto the plains. There were a couple of places closer to home it was possible to climb the cliff, but none that were as safe as the more northern one she liked best. She had her puppeis to think of now and had taken her time climbing the crumbling, slanted rocks.

Up on the plains themselves she had set about hunting. She still wasn’t very good at land prey, and a Yuna nearly six weeks pregnant was not as agile as a normal Yuna to begin with.

Desolately, she watched a rabbit she hadn’t been able to catch flee across the frozen snow. “Sorry, babies.” She murmured sadly. “Hope you aren’t sick of fish yet.” 

((Is visibly pregnant now :)))

Aug 31, 2017 08:33 AM

[ ignore ]
Tidus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus was just..heading home. His tail brushed his ankles as he walked, ears flattened against his head. He had been stupid and reckless and now he felt like the biggest idiot ever.

Yuna was gone and it was his fault. Everything had gone wrong and it was his fault. He was at fault for everything and it hurt for a while but now he was numb. The wind tugged his fur.

He didn’t even notice the mate he was looking for was right in front of him.

Aug 31, 2017 10:07 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna sighed and turned away just before Tidus’s approach would have been obvious to her. “Come on babies. We’d better try again. Kamaal said to keep practicing.” She wondered where Fray and Kamaal and Skuld had gone. At least if they’d left at the same time they were likely to be together, looking out for one another.

She missed them, though. Still. Yuna missed a lot of people, and she’d better get used to it.

Before she could really set off after the scent of a rabbit, she caught a golden flash from the corner of her eye.

Her head snapped up and around.

Tidus. Yuna froze in place as if she’d become part of the winter landscape.

He was alive.

Aug 31, 2017 10:12 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus briefly stumbled for a moment, legs splayed apart. When was the last time he had a good nap? He hadnt slept in a while.

He was shaking a bit, but a rabbit pelted past him and he scrambled back, throwing his head back.

He blinked at the rabbit. What had it been running from.

No matter. He needed to get home.

Aug 31, 2017 10:21 AM — Post #3

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna looked at Tidus, who was close enough to see her, but hadn’t yet.

She blinked.

He was certainly alive, she hadn’t gotten that part wrong. “Maybe I’m still asleep.” She told the puppies, voice sounding dazed.

This didn’t feel like a dream. The cold of the snowflakes landing on her back felt real. The whistle of the wind felt real.

Having her mate walking towards her, not maimed or dead, did not feel real.

Aug 31, 2017 10:24 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus blinked at his paws, ears flicking.

Ow!” He hissed, his paw having hit a rock. He bounced for a moment, waggling it, before putting it back down. A voice caused his ears to snap up, eyes widening. Was that…?

His head twisted, and he fell still. Yuna.

How sleep deprived am I?” He whispered to himself.

Aug 31, 2017 10:36 AM — Post #5

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Ow.

He’d hurt his paw. She felt the same old urge to go and tend to him, to get him herbs and force him to lie down, yet her paws did not move from where she stood, her head turned back to stare at him, her mismatched eyes now huge.

“T-Tidus…?” She tried not to let it sound like a question or to let her voice shake but both happened anyway. 

Aug 31, 2017 10:39 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus suddenly felt self conscious of his rumpled fur, like he should twist around and lick it back into submission. But he just sat rooted to the ground and stared.

A sharp breath at his name from her mouth, his legs locked.

Yuna…” He practically whispered, ears swiveled forwards.

Aug 31, 2017 10:42 AM — Post #7

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Tidus didn’t move either.

Yuna waited for the relief at the sound of his voice and the fact he was here, alive, to crash over her like a wave. She waited for him to run her. She waited for any of this to start making sense.

None of those things happened.

“I thought you were dead…” She tried her best to raise her voice, to cover the distance between them, but it wobbled and croaked alarmingly instead.

Aug 31, 2017 10:45 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus cleared his throat, bending his head low at her tone.

I got lost after the cyclone and when I got back home..you weren’t there. I thought maybe…” He coughed.

I thought the cyclone had got you.” He said. There was no excuse for his vanishing. He should have just asked around instead of running off like a fool.

But he couldn’t go back and change what he did. If he could, he certainly would have.

Aug 31, 2017 10:49 AM — Post #9

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Yuna listened. To the words and the cough, the healer part of her analysing it to figure out if he was sick.

“I needed you during the cyclone. I was caling for you. Looking for you. Asking everyone in the Tribe if they saw you afterwards.” That was a horribly selfish thing to say to her mate. But beyond stressed after believing Tidus dead and with a healthy dose of pregnancy hormones that was what she chose to say to him after weeks apart.

She needed him now too but they both stood, frozen.

His words didn’t make sense to her.

Aug 31, 2017 10:57 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Tidus’s ears pulled back again.

I was in the direct path of the cyclone. I never heard you calling for me and by the time I got my senses back, I had no idea where I was.” He slowly lifted his head, making to swing back the way he was come. Or, well, he was going to. Some part of him said he could make this right.

I know no sorry can make up for it. If you want me to go…I will.” He would leave this valley, he would go anywhere if Yuna told him to do it. He didn’t want to leave her but if she didn’t want him to be near her..

He would go.

Aug 31, 2017 11:01 AM — Post #11

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Sorry.

Leaving.

He wanted to leave. He wanted to leave her. He didn’t want to comfort her, or or make it right. She’d been afraid of it ever since his ex girlfriend came back.

Maybe her fears weren’t so unfounded. Maybe he had never wanted her the way she had him.

He ought to know what he was leaving. She forced the words out. Had he noticed how round her sides were? It should have been fairly obvious to him. He was supposed to know her.

Did he?

“I was looking for you for another reason. I’m pregnant. You’re going to be a father.”

She had thought so often about the moment she would be able to tell him that news, they had always talked about starting a family. Not once had she ever imagined she would say it in with a voice so bleak, so lost. 

She was suddenly terrified of herself.

Aug 31, 2017 11:07 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

Father. He was going to be a father.

His mind reeled and, for a moment, he went blank. Sleep deprivation and stress rolled up into one large ball in the back of his head and he just wanted to go hide until it went away. His head was pounding, his body was shivering.

His emotions were a whirlwind across his face, morphing from one to the other and back again.

Do you want me to stay then?!” Desperation tinged his tone, entire body a giant shaking meat sack. He just wanted to know what to do. He didn’t know what to do. Just tell him what to do.

What do you want me to do?! Hunt, fish, sleep, leave, what do I do?!” He was off on a tangent now, stress wrapping him in a black abyss he could never hope to leave and for a moment he choked, looking at his paws in complete desperation for air. Then his lungs began pulling it in again and his breathing jumped up.

Sit down Tidus.

He sat.

Aug 31, 2017 11:12 AM — Post #13

Scarce

Name Player
Yuna Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

The moment he raised his voice in the slightest any confidence Yuna was desperately clinging to dissipated into thin air.

She dropped into a submissive crouch, tail tucking, body shaking from a lot more than just cold. The lowered posture made her rounded sides even more pronounced.

She was too overwhelmed to speak, to even begin to think about what she wanted Tidus to do. But a small voice asked inside her head, would it even matter?

This was all wrong. Why was it like this? How did it get back to the way it should be? Yuna didn’t have the experience to know.

Aug 31, 2017 11:18 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Tidus Nami Loveboxer

The golden male choked on his own breathing, eyes slamming closed for just a moment to breathe.

As the episode rolled off of him, he felt like even more of an idiot. He had just shouted at his mate, had a panic attack, and was now sitting here with his front paws splayed like some sort of fawn that fell and was struggling to get up.

His mind was still reeling, through the haze of sleep deprivation, and he sagged, legs giving way from under him as his chest crashed to the ground. He stretched out his neck for a moment, before attempting to bring himself back up.

He needed to apologize. He needed to get up.

He needed to.

Aug 31, 2017 11:24 AM — Post #15

[ Edited: Aug 31, 2017 11:28 AM by Tidus ]
Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.