Roleplay Forums | Map

All the men and women merely players
Late afternoon | Overcast | Between the Hollow and the Butte

Name Player
Rorret fenshae
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rorret had taken Catrine’s advice to venture inland. A part of him was eager to linger in the region, see if anything might come of his little game at the lake. But it was prudent to move along, and hope that he might some day hear of the fruits of the seeds he’d sown, if any.

And so he traveled west, veering south to avoid the heavier pack-smell. He spent most of the day sleeping beneath the tree cover at the edge of the forest, but had roused himself earlier than he might have liked in order to get back moving. He was tired, but at least the sky was mercifully covered, the worst of the sun dampened by clouds. If he was lucky, maybe that would hold until nightfall. The sun did tend to hurt his eyes.

Important questions, now:

Where would he go?

Who would he be when he arrived?

Where would his next meal come from?

He would not be so lucky as to find another corpse lying forgotten in the snow, he thought. But Rorret was not built for the sort of hunting that sustained his appetites, and he no longer had the support of his Shadowclan brothers at his heels. He might have to rely on simpler game, and even then, he would prefer to scavenge than hunt.

But perhaps he would find someone’s discards. Perhaps he would find someone willing to share a meal in exchange for a story. Perhaps he could convince someone to do the difficult work for him. So many possibilities; he need only wait, and be patient, and hope that something might come to fruition.

And so he walked, made irritable by the open spaces of the hills, the difficulty of blending in when there were so few long shadows cast. He was, fortunately, built low to the ground, and his winter coat still blended well enough with dirty snow—but anyone who came upon him now would undoubtedly see him.

Sep 05, 2017 08:27 PM

[ ignore ]
Mair is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Mair Rees Jeames

Mair was a roamer, she did not attach herself to other wolves too much. So if things got boring, she ventured out, and moved on. She would go places, see better things. Catrine was probably happy with the Cadre, she had not considered asking the female if she wanted to stay there. Instead Mair had left the lake, and decided to go south, back into the hills. Towards the Butte, towards those stone hills. She wanted to see this Elliot for herself.

She ran at full speed, eager to find back that place, eager to learn the truth, eager to snoop. And no one would stop her from going there, not this time. Catrine could not stop her, either.

Sep 07, 2017 05:21 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Rorret fenshae
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rorret scented blood in the snow, and—after a bit of digging—found the crimson stain, old and darkened as it faded into the ice. It was well-buried beneath a layer of fresher snow, but there were remnants of…something. It was hard to make it out, the body was so mangled and frost-bitten, but it was discarded and preserved by the ice and would make for a decent enough meal once it thawed.

Not a wolf, sadly. Too small.

He set about to digging, blunt claws scratching at the ice as he tried to free the scraps of carrion and identify them. He was so engrossed in the task that the approaching footfalls of a running wolf seemed to take an extra minute to reach his ears.

But, then, they swiveled back, and he lifted his head to turn his bi-colored gaze to the approaching female.

A brow lifted. What was she running for? Running to, or running away?

As he had done with the shadow girl, he stood still, waiting to see whether she would stop to address him or merely run on by.

Sep 07, 2017 05:43 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Mair Rees Jeames

Looked like she was not alone out in these hills. As she ran, the figure of a wolf came closer. At first Mair decided she just could go around them and that she did not have to deal with them. But then she might come off as rude, ugh. Why did he care about that, though? Normally she could care less about what others thought of her.

But she decided to just run, and reach the wolf. And um, maybe ask if they had heard any rumors about those stone hills. Yes, good idea. Maybe they knew more. Okay, fine, she would be social. Ugh…

’‘Hey! You!’‘ she called out. And as she got closer, she realized this wolf was a male. Oh, even more ugh. Okay, Mair, pretend you’re nice and interested in hearing what he has to say.

Sep 07, 2017 06:34 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Rorret fenshae
Achievements (?)
None yet!

He might have to abandon his corpse-digging for a bit. The dead thing could wait. The dead could always wait; that was one of their better qualities.

Nudging some snow back over the body (which, from what he could tell of the frostbitten fur, had at one time been a fox), he turned his gaze over calmly toward the female who had called out. He had very little interest in sharing his pitiful meal, but perhaps she had something entertaining to say. She certainly seemed to be in a hurry, and terribly bossy.

This could prove amusing or deeply, deeply irritating. Time would tell.

Was he far enough away from the lake to assume a different persona now? Or should he stick with Loki-the-traumatized-traveler? A split second of indecision.

“Hey,” he replied back to her, dryly. “Me.”

A deadpan stare, his face a blank mask.

He waited to see how she might respond: Confused? Angry? Amused? Her response should give him an idea of what sort of wolf she was and, by extension, what sort of would he was.

Sep 09, 2017 02:41 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Mair Rees Jeames

His response was not what she had expected, but it was not unpleasant, either. Odd, first male wolf to not make her feel completely annoyed. She smiled a him lightly, and came to a stop in front of him. She panted a little from her run, but she was not easily tired. She had just been sprinting. ’‘You came from the desert, right? Have you seen the stone hills yet a little bit more south?’‘ Mair asked the male, quick and to the point. Sh had forgotten to greet. She wasn’t exactly the most social butterfly. She waited for his response, wondering if he had. Because if he had seen the stone hills, he might be of use to her.

Sep 10, 2017 12:09 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Rorret fenshae
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Intrigued as to her demeanor—not expecting the response that he received, and curious as to her assumption—he allowed his expression to soften into one of deep sadness and regret. Perhaps she only suspected that he came from the desert. Perhaps she smelled it on him, somehow, or was a friend of Catrine. Perhaps he was being tailed.

But, that sealed it. Best to stick with his story.

“Yes…My companion and I came upon terrible misfortune in the desert. I barely escaped with my life. She was not so lucky.” He looked down, regret etched deeply into his maw. “I tried to take shelter with a pack but was turned away, and now here I roam. What….what are these stone hills you speak of?”

Sep 10, 2017 02:22 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Mair Rees Jeames

Terrible misfortune? Oh, that had been in the desert. Dang it! And here Mair thought for a moment he had found misfortune at the stone hills. It seemed her questions would stay unanswered for now; Mair would have to find out about those hills, herself.

But boo hoo, lost his companion. Had this wolf been a female, Mair would have felt a bit more compassion. She did her best to look upset, but she did not feel much. ’‘Sorry to hear that.’‘ she said, before quickly changing the subject back to what she wanted to talk about. ’‘I heard rumors about a king Elliot living there, owning a Kingdom. They said he rapes females. I wanted to find out if those rumors were true.’‘ she told the male.

She was not interested in this guy’s life. Only in her own interests.

Sep 11, 2017 11:02 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Rorret fenshae
Achievements (?)
None yet!

She did not sound sorry at all, and that suited him just fine. He was already bored of playing the tragic victim. 

“A rapist king?” Now that sounded interesting.  His mind flashes back to his old packmate, Firdaws, with his unfortunate appetites and the fate they’d lead him toward.  But that was a long time ago, in a different world. The rules were different here.  He had to play carefully.

“That’s terrible! And you’re…going to go see, by yourself? You brave soul.”

Stupid, more like, but maybe she smelled bullshit in the story.  Or, more likely, she was just an idiot bitch like so many before her. 

A pack of brutish giant males led by a rapist king? Surely Rorret could not be so lucky.

Sep 13, 2017 12:11 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Mair Rees Jeames

’‘Yeah, a rapist king. Can you believe that story? I’m pretty sure it’s bullshit, and I’m gonna prove it.’‘ she said to the male, and she would not listen to him, if he tried to stop her. He called her a brave soul, and she snorted. Sure, Mair was brave, she could accept that title. The Brave Mair. ’‘How can a bad wolf maintain a pack and actually keep them under his rule? Sounds like a story you tell a child before they go to sleep.’‘

A really disturbing and stupid story. ’‘So yeah, I’m going there. Too bad you don’t know anything about the rumors. I will just have to find out in my own.’‘ she told the male, very serious. She was taking this seriously. Very seriously. ’‘Unless you suddenly want to tag along and find out, too?’‘

Or maybe he was chicken. Mair would not mind that. She disliked males, anyway.

Sep 13, 2017 12:56 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Rorret fenshae
Achievements (?)
None yet!

How could a bad wolf lead others? Subjugation, perhaps. Or wolves just as twisted as their leader.

He knew a thing or two about that.

“It does seem unlikely,” he agreed. “And so good of you to wish to clear his name. You are both brave and noble.”

And dumb as a sack of stones, he thought.

He fancied the idea of a pack of nightmares, a dark fairytale for the children.  He’d been part of just that, once, and the power that granted was intoxicating. Perhaps he could get in on it again. 

“Perhaps you should go on ahead. There’s no room for a coward like me on such a quest. I could not even keep my companion safe on the desert. I fear I would only bring you down, fair lady.”

He would certainly visit these hills again. But not with this idiot bitch trailing his heels. If he was lucky and the king was truly a monster, he would not want to sully his reputation by proximity.

Sep 16, 2017 05:20 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Mair Rees Jeames

Mair? Clearing Elliot’s name? Sure, sure. She could go with that for now. No, Mair did not wish to clear anyone’s name. She just liked to seek out rumors and stories. And if they were true it would only be more fun to talk about it. Mair did not want to meet this Elliot to help him or anything, if he was innocent or not. She did this or her own selfish tendencies. But sure, clearing someone’s name. Ha.

Go on ahead. Yessir! She would. ’‘Okay, gonna go then. Byeee!’‘ she called out, trying to sound friendly, but maybe her voice sounded a littleeee bit toxic towards the male. Bringing herself in motion, she started running again, past the other wolf.

Thank god, she did not have to travel with a male.
Males were beasts.

[Exit Mair, lol]

Sep 17, 2017 04:17 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Rorret fenshae
Achievements (?)
None yet!

As she left, he could not help an utterly dumbfounded expression from crossing his maw. How could someone so unfathomably stupid survive in this world?

One day perhaps they might cross again. He’d like to get his teeth into her.

((End!))

Sep 17, 2017 02:37 PM — Post #12

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.