Roleplay Forums | Map

an impossible feeling
[summons] [Nima? & AW] | w/ Belarus | Morning | Cloudy & Freezing

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Maia Bryony Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Finally, they made it. The mountains! The thrill of climbing, the deep snow, the blistering winds! Maia was simply a poof of warmth and excitement, far too awake and chipper for the distance she had traveled and the energy she had exerted. And yet…

“It’s beautiful! I missed the mountains,” The woman cooed, her lingering breaths forcing tendrils of hot air into existence. “And I am so excited to finally meet Nima.” This female who was almost revered in Maia’s eyes, who commanded wolves from such a distance. And now, the two would meet, Maia hoped, on the grounds of her new home.

(nts: day 3)

Sep 07, 2017 01:38 PM

[ ignore ]
[ Edited: Sep 07, 2017 06:35 PM by Maia ]
Name Player
Belarus Greybech Sam
Achievements (?)

Belarus trudged behind the woman. He was still getting accustomed to mountain-faring. The brute had been born and raised in plains like a true Great Plains wolf. And here he was: on a fucking mountain.

Maia’s excitement was infectious and gave him some energy to bound toward her to catch up.

“She’s, uh,” he sighed to catch his breath, “she’s something, alright. A little defensive, I think, but nice.”

The bastard wasn’t sure where exactly Nima and the Wayfarer had found to settle the pack. Maybe they hadn’t yet. But it’s been about a week or so—the poor guy’s lost track—surely they must have found some place. They were close to where he and the timber wolf had brought down the mountain goat. The landscape looked vaguely familiar.

He tilted his head back and let out a howl, “Niiiiiimmaaaaaaaaa!”

Hopefully, she would hear the winds were stronger up here, carrying his howl fairly well. Unless something’s gone terribly wrong since they parted ways and everything would have been for nothing.

His tongue flopped out of the side of his mouth as he panted.

Sep 07, 2017 01:46 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Maia Bryony Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Maia squinted towards the wind as she glanced behind her, blue eyes tracking Belarus as he caught up. She couldn’t help but puff up with a bit of pride that she had overtaken him.

The woman rubbed against him as he caught up, his words not quite reflecting the way she pictured Nima. Defensive? Hm. Nice was what Maia wanted to hear, so she would choose to ignore that first part.

Maia joined in with his howl. Strength in numbers, of course, and pulled in an eager breath as the wind carried their voices away.

Sep 07, 2017 06:34 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae
Achievements (?)
100ooc 100posts 250posts helper otm profile

Nima had ventured down into the pass to try hunting.  It was getting ridiculous. She was clearly pregnant now, and she was quickly running out of time to be able to feed herself. At this rate, she couldn’t outrun much of anything.

So she was relieved at the sound of a familiar voice on the wind.

It was some distance, but close enough to feel relief.  Belarus.  Or, as Wayfarer would say, Brittany.

Hah. Where has that idiot run off to, anyway?  Gods she hoped he’d be home soon.

But. One thing at a time. She hoped for good news.

Howling back, she made her way down the slope. 

((Arriving in 2-3 rounds, skippable til then!))

Sep 07, 2017 06:42 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Belarus Greybech Sam
Achievements (?)

Belarus poked Maia’s cheek with his nose when she rubbed against his body.

The brute stood waiting after their howls. He was about to start panicking. What if they’d left or managed to get themselves killed? But his worrying ceased at the sound of the woman’s howl.

He couldn’t break into a gallop given the slope and all of the snow, but he was able to lope through it. The grey wolf headed toward the direction of the sound. Undoubtably, Maia could easily pass him. She had much more experience with mountains than he did. He just knew enough to hunt on them. Maybe the snowstorm had brought more snow and that was why he was struggling a bit more. That, and they were going at an incline rather than a decline.

The bastard huffed, Fuck snow.

Sep 07, 2017 06:56 PM — Post #4

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Maia Bryony Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

They hardly had to wait until there was a howl. Was that Nima? Maia looked to Belarus for a sign and that turned out to be him running off towards the source of the sound. It was! Grinning, Maia chased behind him and around him, though she did her best not to entirely overtake him. He seemed just as excited!

The cold air burned her throat as she moved, delicate paws eager to move faster over the snow as her heavier form pushed her into the drifts. In a perfect world, she might be a speed demon. Instead, she was a calculating huntress. Except her prey right now was another female and she didn’t have to crawl through the snow to catch her.

Sep 07, 2017 07:05 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Belarus Greybech Sam
Achievements (?)

The brute looked over at Maia when she caught up and gave her a grin. He would have a place to finally rest peacefully. Unless, of course, he was going back to be swamped with future pack duties to tend to. But he certainly deserved at least one good’s sleep before then, right?

His legs took strong bounds over the snow. The distance between them and Nima was shortening.

Sep 07, 2017 07:14 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae
Achievements (?)

Nima was in no particular rush, moving at a steady pace but most assuredly not sprinting. She wasn’t entirely sure she could sprint, between the slope and her growing belly.

Up ahead, a patch of gray against the snow, almost too well-camouflaged to see. But her nose worked well enough to confirm it matched the voice. But then, alongside, another gray-on-gray shadow, another little snow-beast.

She drew herself to a halt, head lifting proudly as she surveyed the pair.

That was not the wolf she had expected him to return with. Her gaze traveled past him, noting the distinct lack of two black wolves, and her eyes narrowed slightly, but her expression remained otherwise impassive though she was scowling on the inside.

“Belarus,” she barked, still a bit too far away for comfortable conversation. “Who might this be?”

Sep 08, 2017 03:49 PM — Post #7

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Maia Bryony Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

(sorry, guys! D:)

She could see a smudge gradually appearing ahead and it only drove her faster forward. But as the smudge took shape and more distinct color, and called out for Belarus, Maia slowed, drawing back beside her companion.

Nima was larger, almost as large as Belarus was. And there seemed to be a roundness to her. Not like Maia’s roundness. Her tail instinctively curled beneath her, as though it could hide the scent of her own heat from this woman. She hadn’t wanted to be afraid of Nima, but, well, she just couldn’t help being a bit on edge. How unpleasant.

“I’m Maia!” She wuffed back, smiling in spite of herself.

Sep 09, 2017 07:06 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Belarus Greybech Sam
Achievements (?)

Had she always been pregnant?

That was the first thought to pop into his head as they neared the woman. He wasn’t all that surprised. She did have a mate, after all.

As he got closer, he slowed his gait.

“She helped me find Idemoni and Igbo,” he said with a raised voice to speak over the distance. “And we did.”

Hm, perhaps she was expecting to see them with him.

“Igbo thought it would be best to travel separately,” he explained.  “The weather got shitty down there, that’s why it took so long.” Belarus wasn’t sure if he should say “sorry” or not. It wasn’t like it was his fault that it took longer than three days. He was back now and she was… pregnant.

He caught his breath and then asked, “How are you?” The brute wasn’t sure why that seemed like the thing say—or ask. It just came out.

Sep 09, 2017 11:43 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae
Achievements (?)

“Maia. I am Empress Nima. I’m glad to hear you have assisted my friends.”

Her gaze traveled between then, curiously surveying the female before landing upon Belarus. Of course, the female was accompanying him because she was helpful. Which, clearly, had nothing at all to do with her being in heat.

Well, she’d expect no less of a young warm-blooded male.

But, he came bearing good news, and her tail gave a few stiff wags despite herself. “Did they seem well?” Relief mingled with irritation. She did not want to wait any longer than necessary to see her plans come to fruition; every day that came closer to her whelping without a full pack at her back left her increasingly anxious.

Sep 09, 2017 06:41 PM — Post #10

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Maia Bryony Staff
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Nima spoke to her! Maia took a few steps forward, past Belarus, eager and so happy. Empress Nima seemed so kind. Oh, Empress! Maia wondered if she could be a princess.

Oh, um…

“Igbo seemed ill,” Maia told her, frowning. “It didn’t seem like the snow liked him much.” Snow and mountains were the best, but Maia supposed they weren’t for everyone.

Sep 09, 2017 06:58 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Belarus Greybech Sam
Achievements (?)

Empress? Oh, yeah. Titles.

“Idemoni seemed well, though,” he added. “Quiet, but healthy.” He didn’t feel like sharing all of the details. The brute would much rather forget everything that had happened and be present.

“Is there something to do now?” he asked. “Developing a cache? Making borders? You and, uh, Wayfarer found a place right?”

Belarus was tired, and he wanted to be on more flatter ground rather than just standing awkwardly on a slope. He wanted to rest and have his mind cleared so he could focus better.

Sep 09, 2017 07:56 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae
Achievements (?)

She frowned,  a little, at the news about Igbo, but it was a relief to hear that Idemoni seemed well. “Did she appear….pregnant?” She asked, chiding herself for how hopeful she sounded. It was absurd to be excited about grandchildren, considering the circumstances.

Sighing a little, she gave a half-turn and nodded back up the slope. “Come, I’ll show you what we’ve found. We have the beginnings of a fine territory, indeed. I admit, I’m grateful for your return…soon enough, I’ll be of very little use in a hunt for a while.”

It was a tremendous load off her shoulders, knowing that her huntsman was back and, it seemed, eager to work.

“And you, Maia, have you any remarkable skills I should know about?”

If the bitch’s primary purpose was a distraction for Belarus, well, that was fine, too. She needed her loyalists to feel satisfied with their position.

Sep 09, 2017 09:22 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Belarus Greybech Sam
Achievements (?)

* Three day skip

Was Idemoni pregnant? He had never gotten a good look at her.

“Possibly,” he said. “We met in the snowstorm so it was hard to get a good look.”

When she nodded toward the slope, Belarus walked closer, ready to get there.

“I’m sure I can get a cache growing soon enough,” he said with a soft smile. And, though the question was directed to Maia, Belarus decided to answer, “She’s good in a hunt and she has experience in living in the mountains.”

* Oh no I’m losing muse for him x(

Sep 13, 2017 10:15 AM — Post #14

Name Player
Nima Daniels fenshae
Achievements (?)

He was eager to speak up for the girl’s strengths, and that all but confirmed her suspicions. Well. If he wanted someone to keep him warm, she was in no position to deny it. So long as the girl caused her no trouble, he could do with her as he pleased.

“Of that I have no doubt, hunt master.”

And thank god, because she did not fancy being alone and starving in pregnancy for a second time.

She tried to keep her voice even, but her expression was tight with anxiety as she asked, “I don’t suppose you passed Wayfarer on the way in?”

Sep 16, 2017 04:15 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.