Roleplay Forums | Map

...sweet talk, but don’t intimidate her
looking for Sienna

Senna is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

It was time for her apology. Really, it was past time. Senna had avoided the inevitable for too long now; it had been days since the ill-fated pack meeting. Still though, the idea of being face-to-face with Sienna once more made her heart race.  Would the older girl be understanding, or did she hate Senna’s guts?

Although her stomach churned with anxiety, Senna continued to press forward, following Sienna’s scent. The longer she put this off, the longer her self-inflicted exile from the hollow would stretch on. She couldn’t just avoid the older girl forever, especially since they both had family here now.

Sep 07, 2017 02:11 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Sienna Rose-Aderly mads
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts 500posts profile

If there was any wolf she was expecting, it wasn’t Senna. Her expression went from curiousity to a straight line as she remembered their last encounter. She almost seemed to be looking for someone, sniffing the air almost periodically. She remained silent, though, wondering where she would and up at and-

Was she looking for her?

Laying down in the entrance of the hollow, she almost laughed at the thought. No way. Senna probably hated her guts for all she cared. In amusement of watching her track someone out, who obviously wasn’t her, she couldn’t help but think of her to be a future hunter. It reminded her of it, at least.

Well.

She watched silently.

Sep 08, 2017 04:40 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

The girl’s nose was leading to the heart of the territory; the very place she had avoided in the days following the meeting. It was where Sienna spent her time after all, especially while Dalus was recovering in the hollow, and deep down Senna knew all along that this was exactly where her nose would lead her. Starting her search at the borderlands had been more of a procrastination tactic than anything else.

With an inward sigh of resolution, the girl swung her gaze to the hollow itself, figuring Sienna would be inside. Senna trotted toward the den opening, but she soon halted in place when she noticed the two yellow eyes glimmering from the shadows below the entrance.

“Oh!” 

Sienna fur really blended in with the shadows, didn’t it?  Even though Senna had been looking for the older girl, she wasn’t quite prepared for the shock of finding her. “Hi Sienna,” she called hesitantly, after a few seconds’ pause, voice raised slightly to cover the distance between the pair. She forced her body to move closer, tail low, eyes downcast.

Sep 08, 2017 09:06 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Sienna Rose-Aderly mads
Achievements (?)

So she was right. Or maybe it was all a big coincidence that she came that way, the exact way she had, and her reaction. Her reaction didn’t really say that she was expecting her to be there, she almost had a submissive nature to her. Almost like she was scared of her? Eventually getting up, she shook out her fur and went towards her. This day was surely something.

“Hello Senna,” She said calmly, only stopping when she was a few feet away from her. Sienna gave a small smile in her company. For all she knew, the girl had already forgotten about their little argument. That would be good she supposed. It would be in her best interest.

She sat down before her words left her mouth. “How are you?”

Sep 08, 2017 09:49 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

Sienna was coming toward her now, so Senna stopped moving forward. She would let the older girl decide how much distance they would have between them. She was the one who had been snapped at, after all.

The other girl’s posture was relaxed. She seemed calm. Not mad. That was good. Oh, she was even smiling now! Senna managed to return the smile with one of her own. Her limp tail twitched in the semblance of a wag. Maybe Nanook was right! Maybe there was a friendship that could be salvaged here.

As tempting as it was to just have a pleasant conversation and pretend like nothing had ever happened, Senna had told Nanook she would apologize, so that was what she had better do. She cringed inwardly at the thought of having to admit to Nanook that she chickened out, if he brought it up later.

“Good, umm..” she responded to Sienna question, shuffling her front paws. “Umm, so I just wanted to say sorry.” Her gaze drifted back down to the ground. “I was just, uh..” she trailed off. Senna couldn’t think of how to describe the incredibly overwhelming feeling of panic that had coursed through her during the meeting, when she had realized that yet again, all the wolves around her knew things and wanted things for her of which she had been foolishly unaware.  It was certainly on a smaller scale, but it was very similar to what had happened to her back in The Kingdom.  Maybe that was why she had reacted so strongly… it really sucked being the dummy who was last to know about everything.

She wasn’t going to be able to finish her previous sentence, so she tried again from a different angle. ”..Maybe we can just, I dunno.. start over?”  Yes, that was good. She chanced a glance up at Sienna’s face.

Sep 08, 2017 10:30 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Sienna Rose-Aderly mads
Achievements (?)

So this was really strange. This was like a totally different side to Senna that she never even imagined seeing. Her brows arched in confusion as she began in an almost nervous way. And then a miracle happened, she apologized. For a moment she sat there slack jawed, but eventually regained her composure. She had never really been apologized to, if anything, she just grew tough and got over it.

But this girl was raised differently. Sienna blinked at her as she looked up at her with a hopeful glint in her eyes before a small chuckle escaped her mouth. “I should be apologizing to you,” She began. “You had every right to lash out, because I would’ve done the same thing if I was in your position at that time.” She remained silent for a moment.

“I know you were afraid that things were going to change and everything was happening so fast, and you didn’t like not knowing what was going to happen.” But Sienna, how do you know? There’s no possible way of knowing. Yes there is. “I was like you when I was younger, my brothers bullied me for this stupid marking on my face, so I sucked it up, grew tough and made them bite my dust.” It was weird. Giving a lecture to a mini her.

“When Adonai found me I didn’t really know what to do, I was lost in the desert, and was going to die if I didn’t have help with surviving. Now a few months later, here I am.” Her eyes, once trailed off, went back to hers.

“What I’m saying is that I understand what it feels like believe it or not, and I still get frustrated about stuff. But I learned that no matter what, things are going to change, for the better or the worse, whether I liked it or not.” Her tail beat behind her in the snow, a smile finding her face. “It’d be nice to have someone who understands me. I mean, we ARE the only two females in the pack, like come on.” She laughed.

Sep 08, 2017 01:00 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

Sienna was quiet for a moment after Senna’s apology, and the silence felt like an eternity to the pup. Was… was this what Sienna looked like speechless? Senna didn’t know the girl in front of her very well, but she had enough experience to recognize that a speechless Sienna was a rarity.

Finally, Sienna broke the tension with a chuckle. Something that looked like forgiveness glimmered in the older girl’s golden eyes, and Senna relaxed. She cocked her head at Sienna’s words. So the older girl understood something about what she had been feeling? That was good! Maybe she could explain it to Senna then, because to her it just felt like a jumble of confusion and panic.

Senna nodded enthusiastically with the assessment Sienna gave of what she must have been feeling. That was it! That was it exactly!  Senna almost teared up, she was so relieved to be understood.

Her brow knit at the story about the mean brothers. Sheesh, brothers would find anything to tease you about, wouldn’t they? Melano had been the same way. “I think it’s pretty,” Senna murmured, referring to the diamond-like marking on her companion’s forehead. Her brothers had probably just been jealous.

The story about the desert also rang true to Senna’s experience. She too had emerged from the desert starving and she also might have died if it were not for the kindness of many of the valley wolves. Clint, Nanook, and even Elliot…

“That desert sucked,” Senna added, recalling the utter hopelessness that she had felt traveling across the sands during early winter, hunger clawing at her belly and loneliness pulling at her sanity.

Sienna met her eyes and said something very wise about change. Senna returned her smile wryly. “I wish things wouldn’t. Change. It seems like right as soon as I get used to stuff, everything changes.”  Her head turned sideways a bit, questioningly. She wondered if Sienna felt the same.

Humor touched at Senna’s smile at Sienna’s last words, and her face lit up. She was so right! Senna giggled as she spoke, “Yeah! If I like.. have an emotion about something, it terrifies Nanook!”  Ugh, boys, right?! To give Nanook credit, he was always very kind and comforting, but even Senna could see how he tensed up when she began to raise her voice or cry. It would be nice to talk to someone who could at least understand the emotional roller-coaster that was teenage girlhood.

Sep 08, 2017 01:35 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Sienna Rose-Aderly mads
Achievements (?)

“I think it’s pretty,” Sienna grinned, her ears twitching as her tail flopped against the snow every so often. Believe it or not, the girl was beginning to enjoy Senna’s company. She wasn’t as bad as she let on. “Thanks, I think your eyes are pretty.” They were. They were super green which was really pretty in her opinion. Possibly one of the first wolves she encountered to have such a color. Mostly, she’d seen yellows, blues, and browns.

Senna’s way of explaining things made her view the situation that much more silly. It ‘sucked’, it ‘smelled’, etc, etc. “Yeah, I met a few wolves then, I don’t even remember their names. One was a pup who wasn’t appreciative and rude, another one was a male my age, maybe a little older? He was quiet. I think. They both didn’t really say much.” She cracked a smile.

Oh, preach girl, preach. She nodded along to what she was saying. She totally understood. “I can try to fill you in on stuff, if you want, and tell you future stuff if you want as well. We’re pack mates, we shouldn’t keep secrets from each other.” Her paws wiggled in the snow. “But also,” She began, “Let me offer you some free advice. Don’t get used to stuff. I learned that the hard way. Practically, as much as we want to get used to something, we can’t because we never know what’s going to happen the next day, ya know? It’s hard, but you’ll be stronger in the end.” A small smile.

“We have that in common,” She laughed. “Adonai… likes doing his own thing, but if he catches wind of something that is upsetting to someone else, he won’t stop until he knows what it is. That’s pure determination right there,” She shot Senna a funny look. “Well now you have someone to spill out your emotions to, one that actually understands you? Girl to girl,” She leaned in slightly, as if she were to whisper the most CIA exclusive secret ever. “I don’t think they have very big brains,” She teased.

Sep 08, 2017 05:30 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

Senna smiled at the compliment. She hadn’t ever seen the color of her own eyes before, of course, but she was told the were the color of new growth in the springtime. Which wasn’t entirely helpful, because Senna had yet to experience her first spring… but it was something to look forward to.

One if Senna’s ears twitched upward at the mention of a nameless pup in the desert. For a fleeting moment, she thought it was perhaps one of the Eiriol Pass kids from the dispersal, but she realized after a beat that the timing would have been off. The dispersal had just happened this winter, and it sounded like Sienna had traveled the desert earlier.

“Okay, yeah! Thanks!” Senna wagged her tail at the older girl’s offer to keep her informed.  That would definitely help and so too would the fact that they seemed to be, maybe, (hopefully?) friends now.  Senna would no longer feel the urge to avoid the hollow, so she would now actually stand a chance at knowing what was going on within the borders.

Sienna’s advice was a pretty disheartening when Senna really thought about it—don’t get used to anything? Not the hollow, not her life here, not even Nanook? That sort of attitude was completely contrary to the way Senna was wired. She felt, deeply and passionately, for the people and things in her life… if she stayed detached from everyone and everything, maybe it would hurt less when everything changed, but was that really any way to go through life? Senna wasn’t sure she could manage it even if she tried.

“That does sound hard,” she commented with a furrowed brow, referring to Sienna’s advice to not get used to anything. “How do you do it?”

Senna smiled at her description of Adonai. That wasn’t really at all like Nanook… Nanook was a patient waiter; he would never ask you directly to tell him what was wrong, but he would wait in silence, for hours if you needed, until you finally spilled.

There was a warm glow in Senna’s eyes when Sienna invited her to share her emotions with her, girl to girl.  When was the last time she’d had someone like that? Her sisters maybe, before they got so stuck up? Was that what Sienna was offering? To be like a sister? Senna scootched closer when the older girl leaned forward conspiratorially, and she giggled at the joke Sienna made about the opposite sex.  “I’ve thought that before too!” she admitted through giggles.

“What about Dalus though?” Senna asked as her laughter died down. “He seems…different from other boys.” Come to think of it, where was Dalus? Senna hadn’t seen him since he dashed away from the infamous pack meeting.  She wasn’t sure she had even smelled him within the borders of the hollow.  Had Sienna been able to find him?

Sep 09, 2017 08:51 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Sienna Rose-Aderly mads
Achievements (?)

“That does sound hard,” She eyed her for a moment, before opening her mouth to respond with a ‘yeah’, until she spoke again. It caused her to close her mouth. “How do you do it?” Her ears fell back for a moment, a look of confusion mirroring her face before she sat in silence. Damn, she needed to think this one through. How did she do it? “Well, I…” She mewled over her words one at a time. “I don’t run from my emotions, really. I mean I distance myself when it’s needed but it really depends. I worded it wrong. I don’t forget my emotions, I understand them. I learned to predict on my reactions, so surprise doesn’t really come… as a thing to me?” She sounded unsure to even herself. She huffed in frustration.

She was never one to be an explainer. “Okay, so, I have the same emotions as you do, right? But I embrace them. I know what I’m feeling and I tell others what I’m feeling when I feel them, you feel? It helps with emotions and reactions to them. You get used to your emotions, but you can’t get used to others emotions. They’re not yours, you can only get used to yours.” Was she explaining this right?

“There are simple things you get used to outside of emotions, like the territory, the seasons, etcetera. But things that are bendable like laws and ranks, you can’t get used to them because they can get changed when you least expect it.” She nodded. She wasn’t good at explaining complicated things, as simple as they seemed. Sienna breathed in a breath at that speech. Whoo.

‘What about Dalus, though?’ Her smile threatened to fall but she wagged her tail slowly to make up for it. “Dalus is… different, just like you and me. But he’s a little bit more different than that. He gets scared more easily, and he doesn’t like to be around large numbers of wolves. Which is why he darted out of the meeting. He… may be even more spotty now than ever since I… told him I liked him, but he didn’t feel the same.” Her wagging tail halted and she averted her gaze with embarrassment.

“Anyway! He’s fine, he’ll be fine! Everyone’s happy.” A strained grin.

Sep 09, 2017 04:20 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

Senna listened hard to the older girl’s explanation. She must have asked a hard question, because Sienna huffed in frustration, like she was having trouble putting her thoughts into words. Even though Sienna seemed displeased with her own explanation, Senna thought she understood what the older girl was trying to say,

“You expect things to change, so you’re not surprised when they do.” Senna summarized. That sounded like a much better plan than expecting things to stay the same, and then throwing a fit if anyone tried to change anything. Maybe change could be good. Maybe she would like the change. Her new position, seeker, had a nice ring to it.

Senna nodded at the next part of the explanation—the part about speaking her emotions out loud—but she wasn’t sure she was quite ready to internalize that bit. She was quite certain from the reactions her emotions had elicited so far—her siblings’ teasing, Nanook’s discomfort, Stark’s sneering derision—that if she expressed everything in her heart, everyone around her would hate her.

The final part of Sienna’s speech was easier to grasp. “Nanook won’t be Guardian forever, it’ll be someone else someday,” Senna tested, to see if she had Sienna’s point correct.

Senna’s ears flattened at the older girl’s description of Dalus and her admission. Her brow furrowed. She liked Dalus? Like liked him liked him? How did she get him to sit still long enough to even get to know him?  Whenever Senna saw him, it seemed like he was always retreating.

Sienna insisted that everyone’s happy, but Senna wasn’t so sure about that. There was something funny about her smile where the happiness didn’t actually show in her eyes.  “Maybe he, umm, he just..” Senna started, attempting to say something about Dalus that might make Sienna feel better, but the younger girl realized that she actually didn’t know Dalus well enough to make an excuse for him. She changed her tactic.

“So umm, I was wondering if you might could show me how to hunt a rabbit.”  It was a little embarrassing admitting that she didn’t know how to solo-hunt prey in the valley (they had mostly group-hunted bighorn sheep in Eiriol Pass) but compared to the awkwardness of her earlier apology, the shame was manageable.

Sep 11, 2017 08:45 AM — Post #10

[ Edited: Sep 11, 2017 08:48 AM by Senna ]
Name Player
Sienna Rose-Aderly mads
Achievements (?)

“Exactly,” Sienna replied to her statement, looking up to her. Even at such a young age, the girl was slightly taller than her. “Nanook won’t be the guardian for forever, someone will eventually take his place, but,” She began, “with each new leader there will be things you might not expect. Every wolf is different, like you and I. We might not agree on some stuff, but in the end,” Yellow eyes flickered to the Hollow behind them, motioning a paw in reference.

“The Hollow will always be our home.” She looked back to her then, a smile that was once non existent, was now as prominent as ever.

Sienna could only sigh softly as Senna struggled to respond to her confession. She couldn’t expect much in regards to advice from her, she had even less experience than she did. So when she spoke, she gave a small smile. What she said next, however, as a topic change, surprised her.

Her? Teach Senna how to hunt? Yellow eyes widened in slight confusion and unexpectency. “I mean I-” She began softly, more to herself before shaking her head, closing her eyes for a brief moment and then looked at Senna with renewed determination. “Sure thing. Where I usually find the rabbits is in a burrow not far from here. I’m surprised they didn’t catch on, they must be stupid, but damn are they plentiful.” She began to stand and turn the other way, in the direction of the burrow.

“Ya kill one and five more spawn in.” She joked, before beginning to move in that general direction.

Sep 11, 2017 07:29 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

Senna smiled back at her new friend. Although her words promised change, Senna was no longer afraid. The Hollow will always be our home. The phrase made Senna feel warm inside, calm.. at peace.

Senna wagged her tail encouragingly as Sienna briefly struggled with her answer. Her bright eyes lit up when she received the confirmation for which she was hoping. She giggled at the stupidity of the rabbits, and the description of the burrow rang bells in her memory. Senna thought she knew which burrow Sienna was describing… the younger girl had spent time watching a group of rabbits play at a burrow nearby, but she had been unsuccessful at catching anything. The moment Senna moved a muscle in their direction, the rabbits would seemingly disappear into thin air.

She followed her new friend in the direction of the burrow, mulling over their previous conversation. “How do you know?” When you like someone? What does it feel like?” she questioned hesitantly, after few moments of silent travel. Her mind conjured up the image of Volly, the kid she had met near the coast—his black and silver fur that fell in long, silky waves, his striking green eyes filled with good humor… His fun-loving personality had blended with Senna’s in a way she had never experienced with anyone else, and she felt her thoughts drawn to the boy long after they had lost one another in the wilderness. Was that what liking was?

Sep 16, 2017 11:08 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Sienna Rose-Aderly mads
Achievements (?)

Standing up, she turned and began to walk through the snow. It was deep, it was cold, but it also gave her determination to persue her mission. Gave her a numbing feeling in her paws that she didn’t quite ever experience before this winter. It was strange, it had a slight absent pain tingling if she remained still for too long, which of course, made her move quicker.

Senna spoke and she looked over at her. A ghost of a smile twitched at her lips. “It’s… not something you ask yourself, it’s more of a thing that you just know. Some wolves go into denial, some don’t. Your heart speeds up when you seem them, and whenever they talk or even look at you you get giddy in you stomach.” She looked away for a moment.

“I’m not sure if I had a solid crush on Dalus, or if it was just a phase. But I know I get something because I felt it before with a boy named Axolotl. He was a member of my birth pack, and he was the guy all the girls swooned over.” Yellow eyes sought out green ones. “I was no different.” She said playfully. “But it was a childhood crush, no more, no less. I forgot about him.” She stilled her words for a moment and stopped for a moment in her stride.

“He was one of the individuals that made fun of my marking.” She dipped her head in added effect and then looked up at Senna with a determined look. “Don’t you ever let someone make fun of you, don’t let them see it bothers you. But be yourself, do you understand me?” As sad as it sounded, it was the truth.

She began walking again.

It wasn’t a long walk, at all, really. It took awhile, but not too long.

Eventually they broke through the bare and once full brushes that were now snow covered sticks, and the trees. The burrow wasn’t anything special. It didn’t stick out, or jut out, or look any different than a hole in the ground. Perhaps if an unfortunate wolf passed without expecting it, they could get their paw lodged in it.

Sienna lowered herself to the ground and sniffed.

Sep 17, 2017 07:52 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

The pair was moving swiftly, but Sienna still took the time to answer the younger girl’s question thoroughly.  She was incredibly helpful—very descriptive, to say the least. Some wolves might have simply stopped with the you just know explanation, but not Sienna. Senna was starting to figure out that the older girl was a good source for an honest, thorough explanation.  The real question was, would she ever grow tired of Senna’s unending curiosity?

Senna allowed her gaze to be captured as Sienna spoke of the swoon-worthy Axolotl.
Her conspiratorial smile met Sienna’s playful tone, but the grin fell away when Sienna dismissed her feelings as just “a childhood crush.” Senna was a child. Was that the sort of thing Senna would have experienced? A childhood crush? Would Sienna think her feelings were trivial?

Sienna stopped to deliver some important advice. “I understand,” Senna answered, nose wrinkled thoughtfully. How could Sienna like someone who had made fun of her? The younger girl thought back to the last person who had ridiculed her, that horrible Brotherhood kid, Stark.  There was no way in a million years she would ever regular-like that boy, and she would certainly never like-like him.  Although come to mention… thinking of Stark did make her heart speed up and her gut twist. But that wasn’t like. That was dislike. Senna marveled at how weird it was that two such dissimilar emotions would prompt the same physical reaction.

She tossed the confusing thoughts away with a shake of her ruff and continued to move forward.  It wasn’t long before they arrived at the burrow. This was familiar; it was definitely the burrow she had visited before, but there were no playful rabbits running to and fro this time. They probably figured out that there was a real, capable hunter approaching who actually meant business.  Senna saw that Sienna was sniffing dutifully, but the rabbit-smell was faded. Stale.  “It’s okay,” Senna said quietly, disappointment evident in her voice. it was nice of Sienna to want to try for her, but it was obvious even to Senna that the rabbits were gone. “Maybe Nanook got ‘em all already,” she added, trying to remain cheerful, “And he’s just waiting back at the hollow for us to come eat. C’mon race ya!” The girl took off back toward the hollow, spurred on by the thought of a fresh-caught dinner awaiting her.
___
Fading this out, since it’s really old and seems to be going dead.

Sep 17, 2017 08:24 PM — Post #14

[ Edited: Oct 14, 2017 11:58 AM by Senna ]
Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.