Roleplay Forums | Map

Weather Advisery
[summons] nipping about for Solomon | cloudy | Late Winter

Name Player
Talio Evenfall Fao Staff

He’d taken a bit to consider himself once again, but ultimately he still felt compelled at least to speak to Solomon. If Rufus said the truth—which of course he did—Solomon was here to Advise them all, not just Rufus. And as such, he’d be able to help Talio decide what to do with himself. If that was be an Adviser too, great. Or maybe it would be something else. Either way, Talio was finally ready to really push on it.

“Solomon?” he began asking around the cave, much like he had when he’d looked for Rufus on the subject.  No point in howling inside—he’d just piss others off—and he was reasonably certain the old wolf was around. He didn’t seem to go far.

And still, Talio did not know him overly well. Much as they saw of each other by naturally living here and being Kin, he could not recall a direct conversation. Didn’t mean one hadn’t happened, of course, but he couldn’t recall one.

So maybe this would be a first. Either way, he approached the situation with respect.

“Solomon, you ‘round?”

Sep 10, 2017 12:02 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Solomon Laroche Raylee

“Naturally.” Solomon answered jovially at the call of his name. He faintly recognized the voice, but was certain that it was Talio wandering through the corridors in search of him. Solomon padded from where he had been napping in a nook in the winding walls that resembled a miniature cavern.

His eyes studied the next bend of the walls, expecting the appearance of the male from around it. That was, after all, where the voice had been coming from. Despite the way voices echoed about, he’d become oriented enough.

Sep 10, 2017 06:09 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Talio Evenfall Fao Staff

The return of the voice was upbeat and welcoming, and Talio turned to go and find the Adviser with a refound pep to his step.  He went around the corner and there was the elder, whom he greeted with a dip of his head and a smile.

“Thanks. I hope I’m not bothering you. I had something I wanted to chat with you about,” he said, not leaving Solomon in suspense.

Sep 10, 2017 07:29 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Solomon Laroche Raylee

The male rounded the corner shortly thereafter. It was as it had been with Whiskey; they had lived for so long in the same place, but never did speak directly. Of course, he did know quite a bit more about this battle worn male than he did of Whiskey. How it had been he whom had been attacked by Hunter. How he and Meir had been a pair. How Rufus had confided that Talio’s feelings were not mutual with Meir. And now, how Meir had vanished once again.

“I am impossible to bother,” Solomon assured him as he made his way stiffly forward. “Come, let us walk and chat. I certainly could use the exercise.” He slowed when he reached Talio’s shoulder, awaiting him to fall into stride before continuing.

Sep 12, 2017 10:24 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Talio Evenfall Fao Staff

Given the way Solomon walked, Talio probably wouldn’t have suggested walking with him like he had with Rufus, but Solomon himself suggested it and Talio wasn’t going to question it. This sort of conversation felt a little better on the move, anyway.

They could both use the exercise, certainly.

“I talked to Rufus recently about something on my mind, and he directed me to you,” he began conversationally.  “I don’t know if you know, but I was a Vigil for a long time, and since becoming unable to perform those duties, I decided to become an Aide… however, I’m finding that doesn’t really suit me, either. Being actively helpful is difficult. But… Rufus said as Adviser, you’re kinda… here to talk to all of us to some degree, not just Rufus, right?”

He wondered if Solomon realized that. Surely he did, if that was how Rufus saw it. Maybe Talio was the only one who assumed that the Adviser only advised the Guardian in the official sense.

Sep 12, 2017 12:51 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Solomon Laroche Raylee

As thy fell in time with one another, Solomon headed toward the entrance room. His pace was slow, measured. Talio, he noticed, too walked with a limp. His shoulder was tight, obstructing his gait. It made sense then, that Talio had become an Aide in favor of a Vigil.

Whilst he was delighted to know that Rufus had sent Talio his way, he was indeed taken by surprise. He supposed it was his duty to advise the entire pack. Until now, however, it had not been such a necessity. A blessing, in the end, for that meant all was well with the Evergreens.

So, with a touch of concern, he nodded. “Of course.” He paused for a brief moment to eye the male, then continued. “That is a hard thing to accept; that you cannot be actively helpful. Your body, like mine, is not like it once was. Being the first to a fight or the one at the borders is not much of an option. But by no means does that mean you cannot be helpful. Sometimes, having someone to talk to is more important to Kin than having someone to fight with or mark the borders.”

Sep 13, 2017 10:23 AM — Post #5

[ Edited: Sep 15, 2017 02:18 PM by Solomon ]
Name Player
Talio Evenfall Fao Staff

Solomon… got it.

Without Talio really having to explain, Solomon got it, and for the first time he really understood why Solomon was Adviser, as well as realized that Solomon and he now had a lot in common.

Talio nodded, feeling brighter again with his idea.  Solomon was basically already a priest, in the way Cypress had explained it.  Maybe more a priest to Kin than Miles had ever been, based on Rufus’ reaction.

Then this was good. They already had what they needed.  And Talio knew the course of action he could now take.

“I think talking is what I can manage for Kin. Talking.. and listening. I.. hope it’s not presumptuous of me to ask. If you wish to tell me know, heavens know that you earned your place as Adviser, but… I wondered, if I could join you in the rank. And we can both be a listening ear and hopefully good advice and… all of that. For this family of ours.”

A quick breath and he added.

“Cypress called it being an herbalist with words instead of herbs.  I think we could all use more of that.”

Sep 13, 2017 01:56 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Solomon Laroche Raylee

As they walked, Solomon kept his eyes on the stone before them, careful not to misstep. His ears were cocked side ward, drinking in every word. Until now, Solomon had not considered that just like every duty in the pack, the role of Adviser would be one preformed by more than one wolf. That was not to say by any means that Solomon did not think it was a grand idea. He was old, and slow, and most often sleeping during the winter. For there to be a second, more capable wolf to seek out, Solomon thought it best. And, in the case that Rufus was; Guardians Forbid; killed, Talio would be more suitable to take up the role of leader.

With a wide, spreading smile, Solomon looked to the male. Cyrpess’ words, as ever, were endearingly accurate. “I think that would be wonderful. There very best thing for the Evergreen Wolves, I am certain.”

Sep 17, 2017 10:14 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Talio Evenfall Fao Staff

The immediate acceptance wasn’t really… unexpected, if you followed the logic and knowing Solomon as an agreeable sort. Still, that didn’t stop Talio’s eyes from widening a touch. “Really? I mean, that means a lot to me, that you’d… call it that. I can’t take credit for the idea, but the more I thought about it, the more it felt like a good thing.”

He smiled broadly, then had a thought that he added. “If you ever need someone to talk to, Solomon, I’m here.”

Sep 18, 2017 03:48 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Solomon Laroche Raylee

Solomon was certain the two would be getting along quite nicely. The Evergreen Wolves desereved a wolf such as Talio as an Adviser. Humble, selfless, and unbiased. Solomon strived for those qualities within himself, but it seemed Talio was already gifted with them.

“I feel as though we have done ourselves a great injustice by not speaking more to one another.” He mused as they reached the entrance chamber, his baritone voice bouncing against the arching walls. “I would like that to change.”

Sep 19, 2017 10:45 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Talio Evenfall Fao Staff

“I would like that as well,” Talio said, feeling brighter by the moment.  Man, no wonder Solomon was Adviser, really. He was… really comforting.  “We should talk lots,” he decided. “Maybe between the two of us we’ll find a way to really get Kin through whatever comes our way.”

Hopefully nothing major. Honestly, this winter felt like nothing compared to how last winter had gone. Maybe that had more to do with how little Talio personally had to worry about with Meir gone more than anything, but still.

“You been good, Sol?  Winter not hit you too hard?”

Sep 19, 2017 01:12 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Solomon Laroche Raylee

Solomon directed their path toward the pool, his eyes scanning its glassy surface as Talio spoke. “The Evergeen Wolves have never failed to overcome any challenge. I look forward to working with you to uphold that pattern.” He was quiet for a time as he paused to settled himself gingerly into a lounge.

“As for myself,” He sighed, looking over at the younger male, “I have been facing my own challenges. My bones aren’t as the once were, and winter seems to freeze them in time with the rest of the forest.”

Sep 19, 2017 10:23 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Talio Evenfall Fao Staff

Dropping to lounge with the older wolf, not upset with the idea of taking it easy a moment, Talio lingered close, his smile warm.  It was about time he really got to know the elder that had come from the Woods.

He listened with a solemn look in the end, and nodded. “Doesn’t sound pleasant. I don’t think mine is quite as bad, but it’s been harder to walk since.. the infection.”

It was the sort of pain that he could overcome, but the more he traveled the more it did get to him.  His joints had suffered.

“I hope you feel better, come spring.”

Sep 20, 2017 03:39 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Solomon Laroche Raylee

“Oh, well it never is.” He nodded somberly, but renewed his expression with a smile. “I am certain it will. It has been happening every winter for the past few years. It always becomes easier when the weather warms.” He fixed Talio with a reassuring expression.

“I hate to admit it, but my years of travel have done me just as much injustice as they have done me well.”

Sep 20, 2017 09:04 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Talio Evenfall Fao Staff

Talio was glad to hear that things would become easier for Solomon in the spring. He wished he could say the same about his own ailments, but… Well, maybe they would. No point in being dour. He’d never experienced a winter followed by a spring in his current state.

Still, he could not imagine being livelier simply because they saw more sun and less snow and more rain.

“Travel is hard,” Talio agreed. “It can get you someplace very good, but we pay a price.”

He didn’t really understand the full scope of Solomon’s meaning, but he felt he understood enough. Travel would age you eventually. A wolf needed a place to settle eventually.

Sep 22, 2017 12:56 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Solomon Laroche Raylee

“For a place like this; a true home; I do believe the price was more than fair. I have never loved a place so dearly as this one.” His eyes trailed the glassy surface of the pool, tracing the jagged edges of the stalactites reflected there.

Sep 22, 2017 10:26 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.