Roleplay Forums | Map

Prancer
Late Winter | Mostly sunny and warmer than it's been | Early Afternoon

Name Player
Lee Raight Fao Staff
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts betatester lonelythreads profile

The slick patch of ice was unexpected.  Lee had nearly slipped on it. That was how she’d found it.  The swath of old snow that had been melted down by the sun during the peak of the day at some point, only to freeze again as the shadows from the trees around the clearing had reached for it once more.

It was bumpy and uneven and surrounded by crunchy snow all around, but as it turned out… sliding was fun. When you meant to do it.

“AAAAH!” she shrieked as she made another run for it, lifting her paws high in a jump that came down hard on the snow. Threatened to crack the surface of solid ice beneath her considerable weight, but it held, and she half-crouched as she spun in around to face the other direction, all without moving her legs.

When she stopped, her legs were rigid and her smile was wide, and with a fumbling sense of enthusiasm, she backed off again to give it another run.

She was going to play slip and slide until the dang thing gave away to pieces under her weight. She practically danced as she played her personal game.

Sep 11, 2017 03:28 PM

[ ignore ]

Scarce

Name Player
Cypress Gardens CZ
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500ooc 500posts bugsuggestion helper lonelythreads profile tumblr welcomeguide wikicontributor wikimaster

The voice in the clearing was shrill. It was also excited, although Cypress couldn’t tell if that was for good or bad reasons, not that it mattered either way. He was bound to show up where his kin were creating such a racket regardless, leaping in long bounds across the lighter snow through the sparse trees as they thinned out.

Until one leap to come much further than he intended, paws slipping out from under him and taking his chin to the surprisingly slick ground with a wealth of surprise while his butt flagged in the air until those paws went out from underneath him too. Splayed on his stomach like a flattened bunny, Cypress took a moment to identify where Lee was in the winterscape. Mostly by movement instead of actual sight.

He woofed again. “Lee!” he tried to greet, a little strained from the stretch of his throat, but happily unharmed by it.

Sep 13, 2017 03:14 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Lee Raight Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

The woof of her name was a happy surprise, but a surprise nonetheless! And as she was in the middle of another slide, her head turned sharply to find the source, and abruptly upset her balance. She went down with a whump on her shoulder and slid the rest of the way on her side.

“Whoa,” she said, then laughed, feeling mostly unhurt, though she hadn’t exactly made the move to stand just yet.

“Cyyyyyypress!” she called, having recognized his voice before the fall, her neck now twisting against the snow ice to find him again. She’d gotten a little turned around.

Sep 14, 2017 08:09 PM — Post #2

Scarce

Name Player
Cypress Gardens CZ
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500ooc 500posts bugsuggestion helper lonelythreads profile tumblr welcomeguide wikicontributor wikimaster

Cyyyyyypress struggled to get his feet under him, the flat land covered by a surprisingly slick layer of frost instead of the soft padded snow he was used to trouncing on.

“Leeeeee,” he warbled back while he got his front legs up again, back paws scrabbling for purchase until hup!—he yanked himself into a stand. “Leeeeee!” Gayer, steadier. He looked around, then down. She’d moved. “You fell,” he observed.

Sep 19, 2017 08:57 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Lee Raight Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

“You didn’t do much better!” she laughed, and stayed down for the moment. “Isn’t it super slippery?” she observed in question, and used her paws to twist herself a little more on the ice until he came into view.

Tall and lovely looking. Her tail wagged and she panted, tongue pooling against the ice.

Sep 19, 2017 12:22 PM — Post #4

Scarce

Name Player
Cypress Gardens CZ
Achievements (?)

He did. It was.

“Yes,” he answer to both her statement and question. He went back an automatic response to seeing her tail flicking a friendly manner at him, and carefully tried to pull himself forward without slipping again on the slick and ground.

“It doesn’t get like this under the trees, and we didn’t go into the clearing much last year,” he observed in return by way of explanation. She looked like Mari, but closer to Rufus-sized. It was a little odd to see in front of him. But also endearing? Like if Rufus and Mari had made one combined one wolf. Which he supposed was sort of what puppies were.

Sep 30, 2017 02:16 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Lee Raight Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

“Why didn’t you guys go to the clearing much last year?” she asked him as he came steadily nearer. She also wondered why it got slick out here. The only difference she could think of was that the sun melted the snow here better than it did in the trees where there was always lots of shade.

She wasn’t stupid. She knew the sun was warm and she knew snow melted when it wasn’t super cold anymore.

As much as she didn’t often come to the clearing, she assumed it had enough activity because every time she came here she found someone to talk to.

Oct 01, 2017 02:40 PM — Post #6

Scarce

Name Player
Cypress Gardens CZ
Achievements (?)

“We didn’t claim it until about then,” he answered simply, then paused to think, eyes lifting to nowhere in the sky as he did so. “We can go wherever we want, of course, but it’s nice to stick close to home, for most of us. I think. Maybe I am assuming everyone was like me when they weren’t?” Now that she questioned it, he wasn’t so sure himself.

“I didn’t go into the clearing much last year,” he decided to emend. It was better to be accurate.

Oct 02, 2017 11:53 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Lee Raight Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

“Ah,” she said, tail still stirring agreeably.  But now that he’d edged closer, she decide to upright herself, and carefully put her paws to ice to at least sit up with her fur blasted in all directions from all of her crashing and sliding. 

“So that’s why everyone lives at the caves and not here, and so we don’t get snow on us,” she decided with a somewhat idle observation.  “I guess it makes sense. I like it here, though. I think the sun is nice when it’s out.”

Oct 03, 2017 01:23 PM — Post #8

Scarce

Name Player
Cypress Gardens CZ
Achievements (?)

Cypress nodded. Not that all wolves lived in caves; they had simply lived in the forest, with his mum and da; but some kind of sheltering was nice since it was what he grew up with. Staying in the completely open fields with nothing at all felt impractical, like Lee said.

The sun was nice though, as she also said, he announced his agreement. “It is very nice. I think mushrooms grow here. When it’s not snowing,” in case that last part was unclear. Actually, speaking of mushrooms, and plants in general, “Are you going to be a herbalist like Mari?”

Was knowing about plants a girl thing? Meir had been a girl when he started learning about it, then Alina, now Mari… Hm. Maybe that was why Miles had to be a herbalist of words. Girls were just better at plants.

Oct 03, 2017 02:21 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Lee Raight Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

Mushrooms! She knew about those, a little. She had spent a lot of time inside during the wet times when they would have grown a lot, though. Lee decided right then that she would check it out in the spring.

“Oh,” she said, when he posed her question. “I don’t know, maybe. I was going to talk to Miss Alina about learning and she told me a bit, but I haven’t talked to her in a while, so I don’t know.”

It wasn’t really a passion she had, but she could imagine doing it.

“I thing my siblings got ranks, but I guess I’m just busy being me.”

Oct 03, 2017 03:09 PM — Post #10

Scarce

Name Player
Cypress Gardens CZ
Achievements (?)

“You are the best thing you can be,” Cypress said.

“If you do not want to be anything else, there is no reason to be. I do things because I want to and I like to feel like I am helping, but you can do that will being just you.” If everyone was a Cypress, they’d have no Maris and Alinas, or Rufuses and Willas. And he liked their family this way, with all of them.

He leaned down to the frost-ice and licked it, crisp and cold, because it was there and he had a sudden urge to lick it. Ice was nice to lick, just like sun was nice for napping.

Oct 03, 2017 03:18 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Lee Raight Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

She grinned at him. He was so nice.

And when he leaned down to lick, he made it look rather enticing, and how could she resist that? Her own head lowered and after a moment she was licking the ice as well. Her tongue would stick for a second but then it would glide along and mmm…

It tasted different than the glowpool water.

Oct 04, 2017 02:04 PM — Post #12

Scarce

Name Player
Cypress Gardens CZ
Achievements (?)

Licking the ice together—oh, the ice. Lee was out here on the frost-ice-grass. That was right. He’d forgotten to ask, or rather, not thought about asking the obvious as he’d been caught up with other things.

“Why were you out here anyway, and shrieking? Was it just falling?” He was a vigil, he shouldn’t be forgetting to do vigil things, like ask if there was problems. Because if there was he should do something about the problems. Even if this was good, to be here and not worry and fuss.

Oct 09, 2017 03:24 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Lee Raight Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

“I was just playing,” she admitted. “Sorry if it was worrying you!” she said, and smiled at him, hoping he was going to be agreeable, and decided to maybe intrigue him, too, by explaining, “If I ran really fast and jumped on the ice I slid across it!  It was scary in a fun way.”

Oct 10, 2017 12:56 PM — Post #14

Scarce

Name Player
Cypress Gardens CZ
Achievements (?)

A nod met her answer, and he smiled convivially back at her to show all was well. It was worrying, especially these days, to hear kin holler, but as long as she understood his want to investigate and check on her he did not hold anything against her for enjoying herself.

Explaining further only confused him again, however. His ears swivelled inwards at each other ever so lightly, brow wrinkling up at the odd twist. “Scary in… fun?”

Scary and fun were mutually exclusive, according to Cypress, but Lee seemed sincere about the statement?

Oct 10, 2017 02:18 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.