Roleplay Forums | Map

this is a city for you to use
[continuation] w/ Stephan, Rocco | late night

Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts profile

“You two always travel together?”

She looked over her shoulder for a minute, paying them mind. She was bringing them into her home, offering them a safe place to stay. She deserved to know a little bit about them - she didn’t have to be this nice. But then again, it wasn’t just her. This was the Sanctuary, and here everyone was welcome.

They needed to really rephrase that line, because, murderers and others in that genre weren’t. So, wouldn’t it, realistically, be The Sanctuary - where everyone with a kind heart is welcome?

She faced forward again, breaking through the tree line to head towards the carved out Hollow. They were nearly there. She could actually see it. But, she couldn’t give them the tour just yet, it was late, and there were others sleeping in it. So, as they neared, Sienna slowed her gait and turned around calmly.

“This is the Hollow,” She whispered softly. “The cache is right next to it, feel free to take a meal. I’m sorry I can’t give you a tour right now though, it’s really late. You can sleep in the Hollow alongside some other wolves if you feel comfortable enough, or…” She trailed off before looking at them both individually. “You both can try to find a den close by. I know there’s a few around, close by.”

Sep 12, 2017 02:52 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Stephan Magnusson Sam
Achievements (?)
100posts profile

“No,” he said. The thought of traveling with the tiny bird made him feel prickly.

The brute looked around the hollow. He would probably marvel at it more when there was daylight and he was in a better mood. Right now, he just wanted to be alone. Maybe hunt a rabbit. Stephan was hesitant to get something from the cache, mostly because he didn’t quite feel at home yet. And he wasn’t sure if he wanted to stay. Perhaps for a few days—longer if he found a reason to stay. When they found signs of that wolf, maybe then he would leave.

“Thank you, again,” he said. He tried to be as nice and polite as possible. “You’re very kind. Perhaps a tour tomorrow, then? I’m crepuscular, so I’m usually more active around dawn and dusk than the middle of the day.”

God, and he missed his midday nap over helping the cripple.

“I think I’ll find my own den,” he said. Sleeping with a bunch of strangers did not suit his fancy.

Sep 12, 2017 03:12 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rocco gave a curt nod and a forced smile. He didnt respond to her… And he had every right but it still hurt. The small female looked around in the darkness. “Yes.. Et is late. Thank ye for bringing… Us..  Here” she said. Rocco didnt have to respond to her question about traveling with the brute because he was quick to respond… Sadly.

The she-wolf dipped her head “im up for a tour whenever you are free to, and i think i shall find a den of my own to start with” she stated. A den… Alone just like she was before Stephan decided to help her. The thought gave her chills.

Sep 12, 2017 03:39 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts profile

There was something obviously going on between them, but they thanked her nonetheless. They were polite. Nodding her head, she waited until they turned to go before leaving herself. There were furry bodies everywhere, she noted, as she entered the Hollow. But she knew them, so it was all good.

Stepping over them gently, she lowered herself on a patch that was shielded from the entrance, and warm.

Needless to say, she fell asleep quickly that night.

- fade-

A dreamless night, to say the least. That, or she had so many that she couldn’t possibly think of one. Her muscles spasmed lightly as the paralysis of sleep worn off, and soon enough, yellow eyes peeked out from beneath her eyelids. Another day, nothing new.

Oh wait.

She gasped softly, and tumbled over her own paws trying to stand up. She stood up so fast, actually, that she felt dizzy for a moment. Luckily, most of the wolves had deserted the Hollow, and were out and about, so she didn’t have to worry about waking anybody up. That was right, she thought, they had guests.

As she reached the entrance, she lowered her upper half of her body into a stretch, and yawned. Satisfying.

Sienna didn’t even grab a bite to eat before attempting to find their scents. Lowering her head, she began to sniff them out. They had fresh scents, but that was because they were here last night, in this exact spot - Oh! There was one. It smelled masculine, and closer, so she began to move in the general direction.

She released a bark just in case they were awake by chance.

Sep 12, 2017 04:36 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Stephan Magnusson Sam
Achievements (?)
100posts profile

Stephan was well awake when he heard the bark.

He had had a short and forced nap sometime around midnight that lasted for a few hours. When he awoke, the sun wasn’t up yet but there was an orange line in the horizon, the sky was an ombre of blues, and the stars had begun to fade. The brute went for a hunt and caught a lemming. Not quite as big as a rabbit but filling enough.

The brute den was more of an indent in the earth. Maybe he would improve it later, but for now, he was more interested in going to see Sienna.

Stephan barked back as he advanced at a lively trot.

“Good morning, love,” he said as he approached. Her fur looked much prettier in daylight. It certainly was a change to wake up and know there were wolves a short distance away. He supposed he would have to meet them eventually, but he assumed—since this was a Sanctuary after all—that they were nice. Polite, at the least.

Sep 12, 2017 05:06 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rocco had spent the night alone. She felt lonely and cold. However may be she could talk to stephan today… May be he would forgive her. There was a slim chance though. He seemed pretty ticked at her.

She perked her ears at the bark and quickly got up. The female padded at the decient trot toward sienna… Stephan was there to. As they came into view roccos heart sank. He looked happy but not seeing Rocco but sienna. She didnt feel like going on the tour now… She was alone once again and it was all her fault.

The female walked slowly up now but she stayed a few feet away like if she were of a low rank. She just looked into the distance and at the ground… Not at them. She didnt want to be a sulking wolf but she couldnt help it.

Sep 12, 2017 05:12 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts profile

She was about to go and track them further, but a bark signaled her to stop. Oh, a response! The response, however, was from someone she was looking for and her tail began to wave forth and fro as she caught sight of him. <i>“Good morning, love,”</b> The nickname caused her to blush, and look away slightly, but she eventually turned back to greet him as well. “Good morning, Stephan. I hope you slept well?” She inquired softly. It was still the morning. She wasn’t up for the loud talk at the moment. Maybe when she woke up a bit more.

Another familiar face appeared soon enough and Sienna looked relieved. “Good morning, Rocco!” She chirped, though, the mood soured as she saw the expression on her face. The way she held herself reminded her of Dalus - then again, every submissive wolf reminded her of Dalus. She shook her head and gave out a short laugh. “You don’t have to do that, I’m no goddess.” Her lips quirked into a smile. She was just joking.

Yellow eyes scanned down her body and to the leg that was injured. “How is your leg doing? Do you need a check-in with the doc?” She totally didn’t mind staying a few extra minutes just floating around if she did. If not, well, “We can start the tour afterward, if you two want.” She looked at Stephan and then back at Rocco, awaiting their input.

Sep 12, 2017 05:49 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Stephan Magnusson Sam
Achievements (?)
100posts profile

Stephan smiled when the girl blushed.

The brute fibbed and said, “Yes, I did. What about you? We got back pretty late, didn’t we?”

Alas, the good vibes were butchered when Balboa sulked over. What a child, he thought. He was certain she would have been so cozy and warm in that den, snuggled against his thick mountain wolf coat.

”... I’m no goddess.” Debatable.

Stephan wouldn’t be surprised if she declined seeing a healer again. She seemed to have been acting clingy since the brute decided to ignore her.

He decided he wouldn’t let her dampen the mood. Despite still being a little sleep-deprived, Stephan felt better. Maybe it was Sienna’s positive energy that put him in a better mood.

Sep 12, 2017 06:06 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

No. Sulking was over. She was going to be strong… Act like her old self again.  “Sorry” she began “its the way ive been raised” she stated. “Nah im fine… It is just a sprain it should heal on its own. Thank you though” she smiled gratefully. Rocco knew she would need to talk to stephan somehow today.

The female stood where she was. Honestly the girl had not slept very well. “So… How bout that tour… If you are up for it?” she asked wagging her tail. She wasnt being happy now for Steph. No. She was doing it for her… Who knows… May be she would find another large wolf to be her protector if Steph desired to leave her.

Sep 12, 2017 08:27 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts profile

“That’s good,” She said, giving a small smile towards him. “We did get back late, I’m surprised you both are up this early.” She teased. There seemed to be some hidden tension between the two, so she narrowed her eyes for no more than a moment.

She didn’t dabble on the situation no longer than she saw necessary, thus she turned her attention back onto Rocco, her tail waving gently behind her. “I would say to rest for the day, understanding that I’m actually an apprentice to the healer, which honestly this doesn’t help my reputation with the delicate work of herbalism,” She paused, a small smile creeping up on her lips. “But I cannot, it is your decision. Just don’t put a lot of weight on it.”

The sun felt nice in the cold season. A warm reminder that spring was on its way.

Right, the tour. Sienna nodded, and turned to walk towards the Hollow. If she knew she was having guests she would have cleaned it up a little, but… “This is the Hollow,” She began, since they were literally right next to it. “I refounded this pack along with Adonai, Nanook and Senna. It’s called the Sanctuary for a reason, everyone is welcome. We offer safety, medical priorities and a god damn pretty sight.”  She looked out into the distance.

Low and behold, the river was flowing, the reflection of the orange and purple sky mirroring it.

“Nanook is the leader, he was an original member in the Sanctuary before it disbanded a few years ago, from my understanding. Funny enough, Senna is his adoptive daughter, while I’m Adonai’s adoptive daughter.” She looked back at them, “But you two probably don’t care about who I’m around or who I consider myself related to. Nevertheless, the Hollow is where those who feel comfortable and sociable sleep, including myself. It’s actually pretty big once you get inside.” She paused. “I’m not sure who built the Hollow, but I will forever admire them.”

Sep 12, 2017 08:57 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Stephan Magnusson Sam
Achievements (?)
100posts profile

Stephan looked at the hollow when she described it. He wasn’t sure if he would ever feel comfortable to sleep in there. Maybe, if he was able to meet everyone, he would warm up to it, but until then, he would stay in his own den.

“Hm,” he hummed with a soft smile.

He wasn’t sure what else to say: the girl had given a pretty good description of everything, so he didn’t really have many questions.

“So, there are only five members?” he asked. It seemed like a small pack, perhaps he was just comparing it to his natal pack, though. Maybe it had been reassembled only just recently. For a moment, Stephan thought of asking if they were looking for any members, but he wasn’t quite sure about joining, yet. He had plans to check out the rest of the valley, but had kept to staying in the hills until winter was over.

“What ranks do you have?” he asked, curious. So far, he only knew of the leader, Nanook, and the healer and Sienna being their apprentice.

Sep 12, 2017 09:21 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rocco perked her ears as sienna explained the area. They all slept together? Was that not strange? She wondered. Rocco then looked towards the river and smiled. She hadnt seen one in a long time. Her tail began to wag happily now as she started to limp that way.

The female stopped however and turned back to the girl. “Can i go to the river… If the tour is over?” she asked. Rocco didnt mean to be rude but she yearned to throw herself in the water hurt leg or not. They didnt have to come if they didnt want to but rocco thought it would be a fun activity.

Sep 13, 2017 05:35 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts profile

“Official ones, yes.” She nodded. “But we did just start the pack this month, so five members is really good. Unofficial members, ones who are just scouting the area and are kinda in the pack but not really, there are three. Sunfall, Saski who is pregnant and thinking of having her puppies here in the spring, and Dalus.” Her ears flickered slightly, a smile creeping into her expression as he asked her about the ranks.

“We’re all equal, really, but we still have basic pack ranks. Nanook is the guardian, first in command, Adonai is second in command, the Sage. Senna is a Seeker, someone who goes out and gathers information about other packs and recruits others.”  She paused, “Then there’s the Chasers, who are essentially the Hunters of the pack. The healers, Esmeralda, The Protectors who are the guards and the first line of defense and finally the Aspirants who are apprentices and still figuring out what they want to me. More or less they’re the new recruits.”

“Can I go to the river… if the tour is over?” Her head turned to face Rocco and she nodded, confused. Maybe she was thirsty? “There is one other place, the burrow where we catch our rabbits. Ya kill one and five more come out. It’s plentiful, even during the winter.” Her eyes stilled on the river and then slowly went back to turn to the two, “But I can show you the burrow later, I believe we can go for another drink.” She turned to start down the path.

Sep 13, 2017 05:57 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Stephan Magnusson Sam
Achievements (?)
100posts profile

Goldilocks.

“Sunfall lives here?” he asked, intrigued. He couldn’t remember if the golden wolf had mentioned where he was staying. The only part of the conversation he could really remember was the bit about the “Rapist King”. Ohmygodhe’dbeabletomeetthepups. Stephan loved puppies.

When Sienna went over all the ranks, he pondered a couple. If he were to join, being a Seeker would be fun. He would still be able to explore if her wanted. But the brute had the build and skill to be a Protector.

His ear twitched when Balboa spoke. How rude. First she shows interest in the tour—which, was not over, they hadn’t even left to see other places yet; not much of a tour if it’s just the hollow—and now she just wants to leave. Good riddance. He could continue the tour with Sienna. Alas, it seemed as if Sienna would lead them to the river. Stephan sauntered behind the girl, following her to the river.

Sep 13, 2017 06:08 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Rocco Balboa Slash-GNR
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Rocco wagged her tail as she began to hop at a rather quick pase towards the river. What was the point of the tour if she couldnt get info bout the river. Stephan had his own interests… She had hers.

The female continued down until she reached the water. She then waded into the rocky bed. Once her three feet were placed she did not drink. Instead she contiued on wading in. She wanted to swim and the current wasnt terrible where she was. Her feet then slipped on the rocks but she caught herself and began to swim around with only three legs

Sep 13, 2017 06:15 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts profile

For an injured legged wolf, Rocco did manage to get to the river faster than they did and Sienna could only watch in amusement as she moved in the excitement of that of a pup. She left out a soft laugh, her tail waving behind her. “Sunfall lives here?” She still smiled, but she looked to Stephan with curiosity.

“You know him? What a small world,” She laughed, before starting to walk in an almost leisurely stride. There was no rush. “Sunfall and his mate Saski are guests here, like you and Rocco are. Again, Saski is expecting so if they plan to stay for just the spring or permanently is up to them.” Just like it’s up to you.

Eventually, she reached the shoreline, and her mouth opened slightly in a gap as she saw Rocco swimming. “Hey, I don’t think…” Eh… did she just invite a stupid wolf into the territory?

Sep 13, 2017 07:05 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.