Roleplay Forums | Map

Setting sail
[summons] After "popularity" | Calling Albus

Name Player
Caspian Chris the Rebel Wolf
Achievements (?)
helper

Caspian made his way back down to the water, blinding fondly at the half-frozen lake, tiny waves showing beyond the ice. He would certainly miss the water, but he would not leave it behind altogether. His odd solemn smile that never seemed to really light up his tired amber gaze lingered. Then he recalled his young friend and, knowing how poor his sense of smell tended to be, relied instead upon scanning the frozen lakeside visually.

“Albus?” He called.

Sep 12, 2017 10:03 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Albus Awbrey Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Someone called for him. His name. Albus sighed and lifted his head from watching the water, scanning his surroundings. He was a little bit off, most likely invisible due to the snow surrounding him, but he could see a light creamish blob in the distance. He imagined it was Caspian, and got to his paws. Shaking out his coat, he moved over to the other wolf, letting out a soft ‘woof’. Albus had been thinking, and he had made a decision. He would join the pack, together with Caspian. It needed to be done.

’‘Caspian.’‘ he called back after the woof. By now, his ribs had started to show. Albus was not doing well. He had not been eating enough, mainly because he was too weak to hunt.

Sep 13, 2017 05:55 AM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Caspian woofed gently back when he spotted the pink nose and bright eyes of his young friend.

“Albus, hello - you did not stutter then.” He smiled knowingly, a little more deeply and less gravely than he often did in other times. It felt like a positive step - a sign Albus was growing up. But maybe more mentally than physically, because he still looked on the thin side even though Caspian had hunted and fished for him during their journeying. He would have to find him another meal soon.

“How are you feeling today?”

Sep 13, 2017 06:01 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Albus Awbrey Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Albus did not stutter? Oh. He should have been proud of that accomplishment, but like the depressed party pooper he was he was he immediately commented back with a negative response. ’‘I o-only said o-one word.’‘ he told Caspian. See? He was stuttering again. There he went…

How was he doing? Well shit, Albus had no idea. He was feeling pretty much dead tired and hungry now, all the time. He did not really feel any better. ’‘Y-you want me t-to be h-honest? I fff-feel t-terrible.’‘ he responded with, and sighed. Ears pressed back and he sat down in front of the older male. ’‘A-and you?’‘

How was Caspian doing? Had he joined the Cadre yet?

Sep 13, 2017 06:07 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

“A journey of a thousand leagues begins with a single step, you know.” Caspian hummed as he settled down beside Albus, fur touching, having learned by now it offered the boy some measure of companionship. “We shall hunt down a warm meal to share once we have caught up.” He promised.

“As for myself, I have some news that may disappoint you… Ryd was not keen on allowing me to join yet travel. I am welcome to join as a normal member to prove myself; but in all honesty Albus my sights are set now on the Hillside Sanctuary near here. I do not wish to delay my mission by starting from scratch.” There was a note of apology in his voice.

Sep 13, 2017 06:16 AM — Post #4

Name Player
Albus Awbrey Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Weird physiological words, blah blah blah. Well, Albus had been stepping these journey for a thousand steps already and he still wasn’t where he was supposed to be. Damn it all. Caspian started speaking, and Albus listened as he leaned into him. His words however did not make Albus feel any better. ’‘But… I w-was gonna j-join the Cadre, w-with you…’‘ he mumbled. Albus had finally decided that, since Caspian had wanted to join, and now Caspian wanted to go elsewhere?

’‘I t-thought it w-would be best if d-did that sss-so we c-could sss-support each o-other and t-then F-Faithful would n-not be m-mad with me a-anymore…’‘ Albus whispered. He now did not know what to do anymore.

Sep 13, 2017 06:29 AM — Post #5

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Caspian was touched, especially since he knew Albus felt he would be trapped at the Cadre and hadn’t initially wanted to stay.

“Well to be honest Albus, I hoped you would stay with me here as well. I wanted you to travel with me, I still would like that, your support, very much. My quest is not only about you and I though. It’s about all the innocent wolves who may cross into this valley. That is why I feel I cannot wait around, proving my worth to Ryd. I have stayed with the Hillside wolves before, and I know they will accept me. It seems the best option for me to begin my quest.”

He was more confident of this than he had been with the Cadre. He hoped he would know the new leader of the Hillside pack, and was saddened it would not be Argus, the savior of his sister, who would be there, but they had always been a very welcoming pack. 

Sep 13, 2017 06:36 AM — Post #6

Name Player
Albus Awbrey Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

‘Sss-so you wanna g-go t-there now…? To t-that o-other pack…? A-are they n-nice…?’‘ Albus asked. Caspian seemed keen on joining them, now. And Albus trusted Caspian, so he guessed those wolves must be nice. Would they let them travel? ’‘T-they won’t be m-mad if we travel a-a lot?’‘ he asked. It sounded nice, a place to come back to when he needed to, but where he did not feel caged. But he worried over Faithful and what she might think.

He was scared she would be mad at him for leaving again. But maybe if he visited her a lot it would all be fine? He could visit her, right? And just see her often, and let her know she was not forgotten? But he would not- Albus did not know what to do anymore. ’‘W-what about F-Faith…?’‘

Sep 13, 2017 06:43 AM — Post #7

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

“I was planning upon that. To do the same as I did here -find out what their stance would be on us traveling. But yes they are nice wolves, and no, I do not think they would mind.”

He could not recall figuring out exactly when there had become an ‘us’ but the word felt inherently right, so much so the use was unconscious for Caspian

“Your sister is a fine wolf. I liked her from the first time I met her, and family is of utmost importance.” He paused, reluctant. “If you wish for me to stay here with you so you can spend time with Faithful, I will consider it. At least until I am fit enough once again to travel more extensively.” He had a feeling a temporary stay with the Cadre would offend Ryd. Perhaps he could merely stay nearby, not as a Cadre wolf?

The lake did still call him, as water always seemed to.

Sep 13, 2017 06:50 AM — Post #8

Name Player
Albus Awbrey Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

But if they did stay here temporarily, then Caspian would leave again and then Albus would be with a pack he did not feel comfortable with anymore. And to be honest, he felt more at ease with Caspian than with his own family… a sad truth. He loved his sister, but he had the feeling they had grown apart, since he had left, and been gone for such a long time. And everyone else from their family was gone. He did not mind visiting her, but actually staying here… he was not sure.

’‘B-but that mean y-you would leave a-again once y-you feel better…’‘ Albus mumbled, and he shook his head. ’‘I do n-not wanna sss-stay here without y-you…’‘ He refused to join a pack and have Caspian bail on him. But he also knew he needed stability and help to grow, to get better. Maybe the Sanctuary would be a good idea, after all…? ’‘W-we can try the Ssss-Sanctuary… B-but I’m not j-joining any pack without y-you. I… I could v-visit Faith on m-my own when I feel b-better…’‘

Sep 13, 2017 06:58 AM — Post #9

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Caspian sighed softly and turned his nose to Albus’s neck fur. He didn’t quite manage a nuzzle, just held a comforting pressure there for a few moments.

“It does. The remainder of my life, however many seasons I have remaining, may be spent on the move, though it is sensible to take rest breaks, hence my search for a home base to operate from.” He admitted.

“You are a loyal friend to me, Albus. We shall go together to see what the Sanctuary think of our plans, then. And do not fret. They are bless than a day’s travel from here. We can visit Faith whenever you like, and invite her to the hills as well.”

If she would not fly into a fury at the news Albus planned to leave… he hoped not, but she was young, and very stubborn from what he had seen.

Sep 13, 2017 07:04 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Albus Awbrey Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Yes, they could go there, check it out. And if the Sanctuary worked out, they could have their home base there, and Albus could visit Faithful more often. If she wanted to see him again, after he had made this decision, though. ’‘Sss-shall we go, n-now…?’‘ he asked Caspian, waiting for an answer. He did not feel like saying goodbye to Faithful before leaving… Mainly because he was scared of her reaction, but also because he had decided it would not be a goodbye. He would be back to see her, soon enough.

Sep 13, 2017 07:13 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Achievements (?)
helper

Caspian smiled and bent down to touch Albus’s ear with his nose.

“We can, if you like. But first - we hunt.” He encouraged. He wasn’t taking Albus anywhere until they had fed. The company… the company was good. He realized he had been with Albus now almost as long as he had spent reunited with Greer… maybe longer, he thought of his missing sister somewhat mournfully.

He hoped he could do her proud.

((Fade…?))

Sep 13, 2017 07:16 AM — Post #12

Name Player
Albus Awbrey Jeames
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Hunting? Together? Albus sucked at it, and Caspian knew that. he was too weak. He would just end up falling and losing their prey and feel too tired to get up… ’‘B-but I’m so b-bad at it…’‘ he mumbled, and he sighed. Fine. It might as well be good practice… He was ready to go, and looked at Caspian. ’‘I’ll h-hunt but I know w-we will lose t-the prey…’‘ It was just a warning to Caspian, in case he needed to be reminded how awful Albus was at hunting land prey.

[Fadeeeee <3]

Sep 13, 2017 07:19 AM — Post #13

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.