Roleplay Forums | Map

First In Line
Early Evening | Mostly Sunny, Sunset | Late Winter | Well away from the waterfall

Name Player
Faolan Fao Staff
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100ooc betatester otm profile

He was impatient to show his father and his brother the waterfall. But mother had said ‘together’ and so he would wait until they were together again.  But since coming up all the way up here, they had divided out a lot more.  Going solo, knowing how to find each other if they needed to, the—so to speak—apron strings of his mother had become long, though intact.

Faolan liked this.  The lack of anyone telling him what to do or “suggesting” action was invigorating. He did what he wanted, when he wanted.

And right now, the little firstborn was laying flat on his belly on the bank of the river. Far enough back that he wouldn’t accidentally slip into the ice and rocks and frigid water, but close enough that he could observe. He had realized quickly how the color of the water seemed to change as the sun dipped lower, and now he was watching it almost obsessively as it went darker and then orange… less light to reflect that was blue. It was almost black and orange to his eyes now, as the sun went down behind him and everything began to cool.

What was color, then, if the time of day changed so much about it?

Sep 13, 2017 02:19 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Rook Carra
Achievements (?)
helper

The quiet was one of his favorite things. Somewhere in their growing independence, Rook was finding what made him comfortable. The mountains were exactly that - his comfort. Being up in the mountains brought him a sense of calm that the anxiety prone male hadn’t experienced prior. He liked it, and he felt whatever it was that mother had always been talking about. It was right.

It didn’t take him long to find where his brother went, as the dark male found his way towards the rapids. He found Fao laying on his belly watching the water. His eyes turned in the same direction and he regarded the water with a curious eye. While Rook hadn’t been around to see what his brother had just witness, he knew the water was another color.

Well that’s odd.” he commented, not understanding the change.

Sep 17, 2017 04:49 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Faolan Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

Faolan heard his brother’s approach as much as he felt he sensed it. He felt like he knew when Rook was near and when he was not.  A familiar presence. More and more they were apart, but never for long.

His tail stirred at the observation of his quiet brother, as well as the fact that he was here at all.

“I think the water shows us the same things as they sky,” he said. “If you look close in a still part yo you can see things like trees or yourself if you ignore the rocks at the bottom.”

He didn’t quite understand the why of it, of course, but…

“Want to come look closer?” he offered.  “It’s harder to see those things when the sun is orange, though.”  Right now he could scarcely see anything but the whirl of the sky colors.

Sep 17, 2017 06:46 PM — Post #2

Name Player
Rook Carra
Achievements (?)
helper

Rook’s eyes sparked with curiosity as his brother explained that the water showed the sky, or even themselves. He had never…seen himself. How did that work? His head tilted slightly as he slid onto his belly, crawling up towards his brother. “I’ve never seen myself.” he confessed, wondering if he looked like his brother. Had Faolan seen himself?

He inched closer, nervous about the water naturally, but his curiosity came forth until he was close enough to stare at the swirls. If he moved any closer though, he could fall in. Rook weighed these options, before daring to scoot closer, casually eyeing his brother to see if he would join him.

Sep 19, 2017 06:32 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Faolan Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

Faolan was quick to join Rook, his own toes edging him along snow and ice to peer down at the swirling edge of the water.  He wasn’t scared, but he knew better than to be careless.

“If you can’t see yourself, I can tell you what you look like.” Honestly, until he’d seen himself in the water not long ago, he’d just rather assumed he looked like Rook. They were both dark like father and small like mother, so clearly similar…

But maybe not quite.

Sep 19, 2017 08:50 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Rook Carra
Achievements (?)
helper

Rook let his eyes peer into the swirling waters, as if it held all the answers. He couldn’t see though, much of anything other than the sky above. It was too fast, his face becoming a dark blob. He frowned, taking one scoot back to look at his brother.

Do you know what you look like? Do you look like me?” He asked curiously, peering at his brother before back down at his own legs. They were..dark. Very dark, and Faolan’s were a bit lighter, with more of something mixed in. Wait, did they not look exactly the same? His eyes widened a bit as he realized that they weren’t mirror images of each other as he had always just thought of themselves as. “I thought we were twins.

Sep 25, 2017 10:35 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Faolan Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

“I have eyes like mother,” he said, feeling assured of that.  “You have eyes like father!” he informed by way of demonstration about what he meant about them being different.  “And also you’re a little bigger,” but they both already knew that from their tussles, even if Faolan had ultimately caught up to being a less runty size.

“But I think your face is darker than mine. I think you’re a lot more like father all the time.”

He meant ‘in all the ways’ but close enough.

“I guess we’re kinda like twins, though.”

Sep 26, 2017 12:12 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Rook Carra
Achievements (?)
helper

Rook was still as he inwardly chewed on the information that his brother was giving him. His eyes weren’t like his brother’s, which was actually an interesting discovery. But he knew, obviously, what his father looked like and with that he got a “Hmmph.” as he looked over his brother. The other parts, they were rather normal to see.

Will we always be twins, you think?” Would they always be together, is what he really meant. Rook let his father-like eyes stare up at the sky above them, suddenly feeling so small in what felt so vast.

Sep 27, 2017 05:54 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Faolan Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

“I don’t see why not,” Faolan said with a smile, watching his brother get lost in the dusky sky for a moment. Then he went a little closer to nose at him.

“Want to know what mother and I found the other day? I can’t show you because mother said we all have to go together, but I can’t wait to tell you,” Faolan insisted.

Oct 01, 2017 02:33 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Rook Carra
Achievements (?)
helper

Good. ” he confirmed, wanting to be twins forever, together forever. But his brother had something else, because he pulled him back. “You have a secret?” he asked, wondering why his brother would keep the secret. “What is it?” he persisted.

Oct 07, 2017 09:40 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Faolan Fao Staff
Achievements (?)

“Did you know,” Faolan began, knowing full well that his brother did not know, “If you follow this river south, the way it flows?  It goes and goes until it reaches a HUGE cliff in the mountain, and the whole thing goes down what’s called a waterfall. Do you remember the lake down in the valley we kinda saw from far away?  It all goes into that! And mother says we’d die if we fell off!”

He sounded very excited for a wolf who was talking about a potential demise.

Oct 08, 2017 12:13 PM — Post #10

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.