Roleplay Forums | Map

Bringing life back from the dead
HY4 | Early evening | Right outside of HS borders

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)
1year 2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts otm profile

After learning of the Sanctuary from his meeting with Stephan, Relic decided to follow the river north to find said pack. He was interesting in what the packs in the areas had to offer and, currently, the Sanctuary was the closest to him to inquire about.

The sun had fallen in the sky gradually, but still had a few hours left before giving way to night completely. There was still a certain warmth to the air that hadn’t been there previous days of the season, but Relic knew it would vanish along with the sun in time. He hoped to make it back to the hills in decent time, but for now he focused on what the Sanctuary would have to offer.

His limbs carried him casually, tail trailing along the ground behind him with eyes and ears alert ahead of him. The treeline had also followed him off in the near distance on the opposite side of the river, though the trees on his side of the river remained considerably more sparse. It was still beautiful, however, despite the lack of landscaping. He could only imagined how much more aesthetic it would look when spring came around to color it once more.

Eventually, along the river bank, Relic stopped his journey short when a small cluster of trees blocked him from going any further. Glancing around, he knew he couldn’t exactly cross the river in its current freezing as hell state so he opted to skirt around the trees that ultimately led him up a decent hill. His limbs carried him up with ease and once he was at the top he stopped and turned around. It was quite a view from there, he’d admit. He could see almost everything.

Grinning, he decided to take a seat and a moment to admire the area. Perhaps someone from the Sanctuary would stumble upon him here while he was in caught in awe of the place, rather than him calling for someone to come greet him. He preferred the former, feeling that the latter option seemed a bit…demanding, though figured it may be necessary. He had no urgent business, nor did he have a preference of whether it was the alpha that showed up or simply a member of the pack or even a newly accepted wolf, but if he needed to call then he would in time.

Sep 16, 2017 06:00 PM

[ ignore ]
Senna is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

This time of the evening usually found Senna romping in from the hills toward the Sanctuary borders, straining to make it home before the moon rose too high and Nanook got too worried.  The girl was going fast—probably faster than was prudent in the gathering darkness—but it felt wonderful to be flying at top speed, feeling power ripple through her muscles as they propelled her forward, feeling the hills fall away behind her every time her paws hit the snow.  After two months of starving on her own, with barely the strength to limp from one meager meal to the next, it was the most amazing feeling in the world to be healthy and to just run.

The girl charged up the final hill that separated the Sanctuary from the rest of the hillside, drawing to a halt as she reached the summit. The last thing she expected to see was someone here, waiting for her.

“Hey, you new or something?” she gasped her words out between breaths.  “Nanook ask you to find me? I’m fine, just runnin’ late ‘sall. “  Every time she turned around, there was a new face, a new scent… The sanctuary was growing faster than Senna had really expected, and she wasn’t sure what to think about that. She liked meeting new people, but she didn’t really like change. Especially not really sudden change.

Sep 16, 2017 06:26 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

It wasn’t long before an off-white bullet of a figure impeded upon Relic’s view. At first he wasn’t sure if he was even looking at a wolf, but as she bolted closer he realized it was another of his kind. It took the female no time at all to reach him despite having slowed down once she caught wind of him at the top of the hill.

The male regarded her curiously, golden green eyes swirling about her right before she spoke. She seemed young. Was she part of the Sanctuary? Her words came out in more of a pant to catch her breath, but Relic still understood what she was saying. In response, he simply stared at her for a second before gently shaking his head.

She mentioned Nanook - a name with absolutely no substance to Relic. He rose both brows in speculation when her sass slipped out some. She seemed feisty, and despite her more youthful appearance, her attitude also confirmed she was still rather young. He wasn’t sure what she was running late for. Was there a pack meeting currently in procession? Maybe he’d come at the wrong time. It was beginning to get a bit late, anyway.

He ignored her questions and instead proceeded to explain why he was there, figuring it would answer those questions in the end. “I heard there was a pack called the Sanctuary here,” he began nonchalantly, his brows returning to their normal heights above his eyes. “I’ve only come to inquire about it.” He wondered how much the young wolf could help him, but if she was half as wise and knowledgeable as Theo was then he figured he was in good enough hands to gather information.

Sep 17, 2017 10:49 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

Oh, he was a rogue then. Oh. Senna dropped her annoyed demeanor immediately.  It was her job to seek out people who needed asylum, and here she was sassing off at the first wolf she found who showed interest in the sanctuary.  Of course she would screw up the first chance she had to actually do her job.

She reclined to her haunches, putting on her most friendly expression. Nanook could wait; she had important work to do here!

“Well, you found us!” she informed him, “The Hillside Sanctuary. I’m Senna Selwyn; I’m a Seeker.”  She spoke her words carefully, without any of the previous slurring. Her casual speech was starting to sound too puppyish anyway, for a grown wolf like her—she really needed to kick that habit. Especially around strangers.

“I was one of the first members, so I know lots.” she corrected herself quickly, A lot. I know a lot.  She waited for a beat for him to ask a question, but then quickly added, “But I can’t tell you all the names. Of the people here. It’s a sanctuary, you see, and some people… don’t want their names told to strangers.”  She fell silent, tail wagging eagerly. Now she was ready for any question he could throw at her.

Sep 17, 2017 11:33 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Once Relic established his reason for his appearance, the younger wolf almost immediately calmed down. He hadn’t thought any less of her from the way she acted prior as he simply attributed it to her being young and he wasn’t sure if the pack had strict curfews.

Her sudden enthusiasm almost made him smile for the hell of it, but instead he listened intently as she introduced herself. Senna was her name. Relic nodded in acknowledgement. He didn’t know what a Seeker was, however. “Relic,” he returned the gesture. “Nice to meet you, Seeker Senna.” He wasn’t sure if the members were supposed to call each other by their titles first, but he did out of habit and thought nothing of it.

Apparently she had been around since the beginning and knew lots about her pack. Relic gave a small smile at that. He also had no preference of whether or not he knew the names of everybody the pack consisted of and shrugged. “That’s fine. I was mostly interested to know more along the lines of what the Hillside Sanctuary values, what ranks there are, things like that,” he stated with a friendly grin.

“I’m staying in the hills nearby until winter ends with an acquaintance of mine. I figured I’d both say hi to our neighbors and see what your pack is all about.”

Sep 17, 2017 05:46 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

Seeker Senna. That had a nice ring to it, didn’t it?

“You too, Relic.” She almost called him Rogue Relic, just out of amusement for the symmetry, but she thought it might be impolite to point out his packless status. If he was even rogue. Sometimes pack wolves didn’t always smell like pack wolves, if they had been traveling a while.

Senna smiled. His request was one she was more than happy to oblige.

“Hillside Sanctuary is a safe place for anyone who wants one, for however long they want to stay.” Senna’s chest swelled a little. She was incredibly proud to be one of the valley’s good guys.  “People who want to settle down here can pick a role, like Seeker. We have a Guardian who guides us when we need it, but there are not really any ranks. Not like other packs, at least. No one is the boss of anyone else.”

Senna wasn’t surprised to hear about Relic and his friend wintering here.  “We’ve got some people just spending winter here. The hills have lots—a lot—of rabbits, even in late winter, so it’s a good place to wait for spring.”

Sep 17, 2017 07:39 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Relic listened more intently than usual as Senna explained the way her pack functioned, ranks - or lack thereof - and that they allow wolves to come and go as they please when they please. The entire concept had Relic’s mind reeling with confusion. They didn’t have a legitimate leader? There weren’t ranks? What if they opened their doors to a complete psychopathic murderer and didn’t realize until it was too late? Relic would admit he wasn’t keen on the idea at all, but if it worked for them then who was he to judge. Still, he had questions.

“I don’t mean to be rude, but does that actually work well? Does the Sanctuary ever face any threats from other packs or individuals passing through?” His eyes narrowed slightly in speculation. Maybe their location somehow warded off other more malevolent wolves or perhaps they were simply more hidden than he first realized.

The male had never in his life heard of a pack like this and now he wanted to know how they stayed together at all. He had much to learn in this new world and, evidently, that even extended to new types of packs.

Sep 17, 2017 08:34 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Sienna Rose-Aderly mads
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts 500posts profile

She was actually nearby when she heard the conversation of two wolves, one familiar, and one unfamiliar. One was masculine and one was feminine, and she gave a soft sigh in relief that, when she began to listen in, the words that the girl she began to look at as a younger sister was helpful. She could only make out bits and pieces out, so she began to walk curiously to the source of it.

Funny enough, it began to be apparent that there were more and more wolves coming to the border. It caused her to become more cautious, and as she began to near, she listened in on the conversation. It was faint, so she really had to strain. ”...The hills have a lot, a lot, of rabbits even in the winter so it’s good to wait out in the spring.” She quirked her eyebrow, a faint smile expanding on her expression.

She gave out a soft ‘woof’ to announce her presence.

-arriving next round.

Sep 17, 2017 09:00 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

Senna’s brow furrowed at Relic’s next line of questioning. These questions were harder.

“Th-threats?” Why would someone threaten the Sanctuary? They were the good guys. They took care of wolves in need. Who would ever threaten them?

“I don’t kn- .. Why- Who would…?” Senna had no idea how to answer. Confusion was written all over her expression.

Sienna’s soft woof from afar was a relief.

“That’s my friend, Sienna. She’ll probably have better answers than me.” Senna shuffled her paws, feeling like a failure. Her first shot at really doing a Seeker’s work, and she was blowing it.

Sep 17, 2017 09:23 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

When he fired off his questions, Relic watched as Senna’s brows knitted together and part of him wasn’t sure if she simply had no answers to his questions or she was suddenly becoming uncomfortable with the ideas he was throwing out. Either was possible, especially for such a young wolf.

She stuttered her words and Relic listened as she tried desperately to string together the fragments that were spilling from her mouth. Part of him felt bad for overloading her, and he supposed these were matters she wasn’t entirely equipped to handle, but it is what it is. “No, it’s okay-,” he tried to cut her off as she was fumbling with her so she didn’t feel so overwhelmed.

Before she could gather her thoughts appropriately, however, there was a soft woof from off to the side indicating another wolf approaching. His attention was somewhat taken by the distant greeting, but he couldn’t quite see another wolf yet, and for now he rested his gaze on the young wolf in front of him. She announced the other wolf as Sienna before telling him she’d have better answers. He grinned subtly. “You still told me a few things I wanted to know,” he tried to console her, noticing the shy way she was handling her paws.

Sep 17, 2017 09:34 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Sienna Rose-Aderly mads
Achievements (?)

Eventually, her small frame twisted around the trees and into sight of the two. Her eyes scanned the two before coming to Senna’s side in a calm manner and running her stare at the stranger. He looked to be around her age, but a bit older. Nevertheless, he seemed pleasant enough. She offered a small smile.

“You did great, Senna.” She smiled at the younger girl. “I’m Sienna Rose, the healers apprentice. Not much of a title, but what can I help you with?” A small head tilt.

Sep 17, 2017 09:44 PM — Post #10

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

Senna nodded at Relic’s kind words, still looking toward her paws. Despite her shame, she did crack a small smile. Maybe she wasn’t a failure. Maybe this Seeker stuff just took practice.

Sienna arrived and confirmed that the younger girl had done well.  With both bits of corroborating praise, Senna felt confident enough to look up from her paws. She wagged her tail a bit and pressed her shoulder into Sienna’s side.

“Relic wants to know what we do about threats to the Sanctuary,” Senna informed the new arrival. Perhaps Relic should have been the one to say what Relic wanted to know, but now this was something Senna wanted to know. And she wanted to make sure it got asked, and answered.

Sep 18, 2017 07:38 AM — Post #11

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

|| phone post while on break at work, sorry if it’s terrible 8D ||

Senna didn’t look to be wholly convinced by Relic’s indirect compliment and, quite frankly, he wasn’t sure there was anything else to be said to help. He wasn’t the best at these types of things. It wasn’t until the other female approached and added her own compliment that Senna appeared more confident and bright-eyed again.

The other female, Sienna, took her place next to Senna and Relic’s attention casually shifted to her. However, when his marbled gaze fully took in her presence, he suddenly felt his mouth run dry and his throat involuntarily clenched as it attempted to swallow nothing but air.

Her eyes were piercing and the way it paired with her coat, and the unique off-center diamond marking on her forehead, grabbed Relic’s interest immediately. She was…“Pretty…,” he said under his breath. As soon as he realized what had slipped past his teeth his eyes widened and he found himself stuttering, for the first time he could recall in his life, while immediately ripping his gaze from her to motion to the valley below. “Uh, t-the view is pretty here…,” he managed to squeak out. Nice save. There was no way either of the females would catch on, right?

But then Senna had him mentally panicking for another reason. She had mentioned his inquiry about threats so bluntly and his gaze snapped back to the young girl before moving, very hesitantly, to Sienna. “I was just wondering how your pack does in general…I’ve never heard of a concept like it before and, uhm…I guess I was just curious as to what would happen if other not so nice wolves came around…,” he was quick to clarify himself and as he tried he found his normally confident composure was slipping uncontrollably. His gaze lingered on Sienna longer that he’d realized before moving back to Senna with a soft nod, as if silently cheering himself on and telling himself he’d done a decent job. The longer he looked at Sienna, the more often he felt himself heat up instantly. So he awkwardly settled his gaze on Senna.

Sep 18, 2017 12:27 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Sienna Rose-Aderly mads
Achievements (?)

Senna pushed her shoulder into her own and she gave her a short nuzzle. You see, Sienna was a fraction of a few inches smaller than her so it was easy to come undetected. But that wasn’t her plan right now. Instead, she listened as Senna piped up. Relic, huh? Her eyes moved to meet his, and she found curiosity lying within the depths. He had some cool looking eyes.

“Pretty…” Her lip twitched slightly in amusement as the male attempted to fix what he had just said. She didn’t comment on it.

“You don’t look as ancient as some relics,” She joked, a play off on his name. All in good fun. But it was odd, the question. What they did about threats? Well there was no real answer since no real threat had ever set foot in the territory. “Nothing has ever happened in the Sanctuary that resulted in violence.” She began slowly. “Well, nothing extreme at least. That’s why it’s called the Sanctuary, it wouldn’t be one if there wasn’t peace, right?” She stepped forward before sitting down in the snow. It was cold.

“So I can’t really answer that question for you, I’m sorry.” A wavering smile - a kind one. “If it helps, I imagine we would work together to defeat whatever or whoever was causing trouble, just like any other pack.” Her tail wagged.

Sep 18, 2017 01:46 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy

Relic’s entire demeanor seemed to shift as soon as Sienna arrived, and quite suddenly he was squeaking and stuttering, and his eyes were darting in all directions. What was it about Sienna that made the young male border-dwellers act so… panicky? Was Relic like that last guy, who was convinced that Sienna was going to attack him? Somehow, Senna thought not. Relic was acting weird in a different way, one that Senna didn’t really understand. And what was with that weird, off topic comment about the pretty view?

Even though the young man was conversing with Sienna, his eyes were firmly trained on the younger girl. Senna shifted nervously, feeling awkward that she should be subject of his golden-flecked gaze. After hearing Sienna’s answer, Senna began to inch away from the older wolves. “Nanook’s probably wondering where I am,” she murmured, scooting further from the pair. Her gaze flicked between the other two wolves, pausing just a moment in case anyone protested her departure. 

Sep 18, 2017 04:58 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Relic Aureum Erin
Achievements (?)

Sienna threw out a comment that was meant to be a joke and he stared at her for a second, distracted, before a smile crept on his face followed by a gentle single-breathed laugh and shrugged. “You could say I act more ancient than I look,” he replied with his own dumb joke, glancing at his paws with a small, bashful smile. He got that a lot, usually. That he was an “old soul” or that his age simply didn’t match his appearance.

With a slight sense of uncertainty, she continued to both answer - and not answer - his question. It was good enough for him, though, and he didn’t really think her apology was necessary. His eyes flickered up to meet her golden gaze once more and he couldn’t help but suck in a breath before slowly, slowly, exhaling to try to keep what composure he had left. “I, uh…Where I come from is riddled with threats left and right, so I suppose I’m simply accustomed to asking that question. I’ve still yet to realize I’m in an entirely different world than where I was born.” Another sheepish smile and he could feel his cheeks heat up again. But they couldn’t tell, right? Surely his fur was thick enough…

“I also was told that your Sanctuary harbors many considered weak, injured, or elderly, and not much else. So I guess I was just curious in case anything did happen.”

But then Senna’s voice broke through to him, hinting that she should be leaving, and Relic’s eyes shot back to her, though this time without the panicked look to them. “You don’t have to go…,” he trailed off, suddenly worried that he might completely deteriorate in front of Sienna once the younger female left. Maybe it wouldn’t make a difference either way, but somehow he found a comfort in another presence right now.

“I wouldn’t want you to get in trouble, though, I suppose…,” he continued, now pondering how selfish he was being. His brows furrowed and his lips formed a tight, straight line as he thought about his recent actions overall. He was an idiot.

Sep 18, 2017 07:59 PM — Post #15

[ Edited: Sep 18, 2017 08:01 PM by Relic ]
Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.