Roleplay Forums | Map

i hope you find your peace, falling on your knees.
[summons] Howling for Nanook & Senna

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)
2mos 100posts 250posts profile

She couldn’t find Adonai.

She searched for his scent and while she had found traces of it, it was extremely old. Where could he have gone?  Why didn’t he tell her before he left? Well, no one ever spoke about him so it must have been recent or maybe they didn’t care. No. Both the scent and the fact that everyone cared about each other in the Sanctuary was old news to her. Ones she believed in. He would be back eventually, she knew, but she most likely wouldn’t be there to welcome him back. So she had to place her trust in the wolves she knew would tell him what happened. Nanook and Senna.

They were almost always found together or near each other and instead of looking for either of them separately, she settled on the fact that it would be much easier for them to come together. A soft sigh fled her lips as she sat outside of the Hollow, her tail wrapped around her paws as she looked forward to the hills and the pass that transversed along them. She took a photograph in her mind. She would miss this place, and when she came back, she wondered if it would be as beautiful as she imagined. She had only ever seen this place stationed in the plain, old color of pristine white.

It was now or never, she presumed, and she dipped her head back to release a long howl, a beckoning call to the two. But would they answer?

Sep 23, 2017 06:51 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Senna traveled quickly toward the group summons, fighting down the small twinge of anxiety leftover from her (very poor) performance the last time the gang got together.  She was better than that scared, reactive girl from the last meeting. She had to keep telling herself that. From her long talks with the wolves of the Sanctuary, she had concluded that change was inevitable, but no necessarily bad. She would meet whatever news Sienna needed to share with enthusiasm, just as she met other challenges in life.

“Hi Sienna,” she greeting her friend as she came into view. Senna reclined onto her haunches once she was close enough to speak. Nanook wasn’t here yet, it seemed, and Adonai was nowhere to be seen either. Perhaps Adonai was still out looking for Dalus. Senna glance over her shoulder to make sure they were alone.

“So.. what’s going on with Relic?” She leaned in, voice low and conspiratorial. “You two were whispering practically all night when he slept in the hollow that one time,” Senna teased. Did Sienna think no one had heard? “And now you really smell like him.” Senna wrinkled her nose in mock-disgust, but her eyes were still bright with curiosity. She knew there was gossip to be had here.

Sep 24, 2017 12:00 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]

Scarce

Name Player
Nanook Himura Dai.
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos profile

A familiar call went up and Nanook was quick to respond. He hadn’t gotten a chance to catch up with Sienna as he had hoped to do, he was surprisingly busy addressing strangers at the boarders. He cursed himself often for not making more of an effort to converse with those that he cared for and hoped that they understood.

He was somewhere on the outskirts of the territory, marking and hunting. Two rabbits dangled from his mouth as he made his way back towards The Hollow, a quickness in his step. The last time he had heard Sienna howling, an injured Dalus was found, he sure hoped that the news was on the brighter side this time around.

-

arriving next round

Sep 25, 2017 01:24 PM — Post #2

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)

“Hi Sienna,” A light voice called and her head turned in surprise at the sudden noise. It was almost immediate and she gave a small smile in return. “I wanted to talk to you and Nanook about something and-” A howl broke through her speech and she gave a small laugh in response. What a coincidence. And then Senna spoke and she stilled. How did she know? Her eyebrows shot up and then her face heated up as the girl continued.

“I mean I-” She swallowed. “You heard us?” That was so embarrassing. “But why didn’t you say anything? I mean. We- I could have been quiet, we could have gone somewhere else.” If she heard everything she had said, then she already practically known.
She lifted a paw to smell herself and she gave a slight, small nervous tiny chuckle at the fact that she did, partially, smell like him. “You’ll see soon enough,” She replied after a moment and put her paw down. “Just promise not to overreact, okay? It’s nothing permanent.” A hopeful smile.

Sep 25, 2017 06:16 PM — Post #3

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

Senna’s ears flicked in the direction of Nanook’s howl, briefly registering his approach, before turning back the conversation at hand. Gossip was better kept away from the ears of males, especially older, fatherly males, so she was hoping she could get to the bottom of this quickly.

The girl’s eyebrows knit at Sienna’s self-conscious reaction. That hadn’t been Senna’s intention in the lighthearted teasing, but it definitely confirmed her suspicion that something was going on there.

Senna shook her head, searching for words that might put the older girl at ease.

“No.. no, it was nice. It was like when you’re a real tiny pup, all snuggled up against your parents, and you fall asleep to the sound of them talking over you real low.. Comforting, I guess.” Senna offered a half-smile.  She had overheard the rise and fall of their whispered tones as she was drifting off to sleep, nothing more. Whatever they were planning, it would be news to the girl.

Senna wrinkled her nose at “you’ll see soon enough.” Patience was not her strong suit. “I promise,” Senna said, curiosity about to eat her alive. This was going to be big, then? She would prepare herself. It was nice to be finally be in on something big, for a change. Sienna was keeping her promise to keep Senna informed, and she was appreciative of that.

Sep 26, 2017 07:20 AM — Post #4

Scarce

Name Player
Nanook Himura Dai.
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos profile

Snow kicked up behind him as he made his way, breath pushing out heavily. A good run was always an exhilarating experience, one that Nanook had come to enjoy over the years. It was something that truly made a wolf feel wild and free, at least, in his opinion anyway.

He skirted the land with haste, the corpses hanging from his mouth hitting him all the way, staining his pale coat here and there with blood.

His arrival was timely, although upon approaching, he got the sense that he was intruding on a conversation not meant for him, only catching Senna’s last words to Sienna. It made him feel odd, but he was glad to see that the two were getting along, even making promises to each other, that was always good, right?

Nanook stopped a foot or two away from the girls, dropping the rabbits in front of them and nudging against the limp bodies carefully before speaking. “You called?” He said with a smile, looking at both girls, always happy when others specifically called out for him, it made the old wolf feel wanted, it made him feel like he was fulfilling his purpose.

Oct 02, 2017 10:09 AM — Post #5

Scarce, Skippable

Name Player
Sienna Rose Madeline
Achievements (?)

Nanook soon entered the scene and she sighed, avoiding her gaze for a moment before recollecting her posture and gazing at them. “Nanook, Senna.” She said softly, eyes softening and ears recoiled as if she would be expecting a scolding. “To put it simply, I’m traveling with a group of friends for the spring. I will be back before or by Summer. No later, I promise. We all want to see the world past the valley, as beautiful as it is. I… haven’t told Adonai yet, I don’t know where he is even though I tried to find him. When he comes back, please.” She swallowed and looked at Senna for a moment, a lingering gaze, before switching it to Nanook. “Tell him I’ll be home soon.”

Sienna wasn’t the best at explaining personal things, as best as she could be at explaining questions and answers. But this, not knowing the outcome, was difficult. She was accepting to admit that. “Nanook,” She said softly, a pleading look in her gaze. “When I come back, please… don’t push me away.” She avoided a glance, her gaze shifting to her paws.

Oct 05, 2017 05:09 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Senna Selwyn windy
Achievements (?)
None yet!

“You’re going with Relic,” Senna confirmed, doing her best to keep any judgement out of her voice. How well did Sienna know even know this guy and his pals? Senna wanted to disapprove.. the last time the young girl had blindly agreed to follow after a relative stranger, he turned out to be a rapist king. Relic seemed nice enough, but so had Elliot.

But no… Elliot wasn’t the last wolf she had blindly trusted, was he? There was Nanook, too. How well had she really known Nanook, when she trusted him with her safety? Somehow, Senna had just known the older wolf was a friend—like their souls were pulling toward each other. Maybe Sienna felt that with Relic.

Senna had promised not to overreact, but she wasn’t sure what overreacting was, in this instance. She didn’t want Sienna to just rush off like this, but she didn’t want her friend to stay either if that meant letting her soul mate walk away. Sometimes you couldn’t control when the train was leaving, and you had to make quick choice as to whether you were going to jump on or let it go. Senna was very familiar with that set of choices. She had been given those exact options back in Eiriol Pass, and she had made the same choice Sienna was making now.

Then Sienna said something truly odd. She asked Nanook not to push her away when she returned. “What?” Senna blurted, gaze darting between the pair. What on earth would make Sienna think that Nanook would turn away from a packmate? Had something happened between these two—something Senna didn’t know about? “He would never..” Her words trailed off, Senna’s mouth still hanging open slightly. The girl’s green eyes settled on Nanook’s ambers, begging him for clarity.

Oct 07, 2017 09:57 AM — Post #7

Scarce

Name Player
Nanook Himura Dai.
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos profile

Nanook stood and listened, but the news was off putting. It took a few moments for him to piece what Sienna was saying together. He was silent for a brief moment. Enough time passing for Senna to react first, which he was glad he had done so because her reaction gave him more clues to what was going on, although it also posed more questions. His amber gaze went soft as he caught apple greens, giving the pup a reassuring glance.

Who was this Relic? Why was Sienna running off with him? Who were these friends? Why hadn’t he heard of any of this before? Even Senna seemed put off by this sudden news. Did she not even know who these wolves were? Nanook did not like this, he did not like what was about to happen and he was sure that Adonai would not approve, but where in the world was Adonai? Maybe he could speak some sense to her. The pale wolf did not think his words would go far with Sienna, he was not her father and his position as “leader” was a loose one, they were all equal here and he did not have it in him to tell her that she could not go, no matter how reckless he thought the idea.

The urge to leave, The Call to wander, it was strong sometimes and not every wolf could resist. Sometimes, there was no resisting. Sometimes, you just had to run, for as long as need be. He just hoped that she would not run for too long, he truly hoped that one day, she would return home.

His gaze grew firm and serious, matching the tone of how he felt on the inside, but his voice remained calm and on a softer note. “Sienna, you will always have a home here. The Sanctuary holds no one, you know this. You may come and go as you please, but I must admit, this is…. a risky choice you are making. These wolves, do you trust them? Do you know them well enough to put your safety in their hands?” He paused for a moment, not wanting to get too riled up in his words and thinking. “I will not tell you that you can not go, but please be safe, Sienna.” His amber eyes had a touch of worry to them now, thinking of all of the things that could go wrong while Sienna was away, with wolves he did not know. ”We will let Adonai know of your trip, of course and we will be here, waiting for your return, with open ears of your adventurous tales.” The pale wolf managed a smile in the face of all his doubt and concern.

Oct 09, 2017 10:32 AM — Post #8

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.