Roleplay Forums | Map

Bred For It
early spring | Tiberius' overhang North of Adder Creek | Cold, Midmorning, cloudy

Name Player
Tiberius Zarin Zoi
Achievements (?)
2mos 6mos 100posts 250posts 500posts helper otm plotreporter supporter tumblr

As the season crept, he found himself lost in the thoughts that pooled inside his head. While he had cached one of the two hares, he had ultimately consumed the other one on his swing back around. Perhaps he was being utterly selfish, perhap he burned with the cause of the lack of magic in the air disturbed him. His thoughts had started to grow rampant, and the obsession had started to leak into his eyes.

Tiberius had attempted to stay away, he had attempted to re-evaluate his path in a favor that sung to him. HIs head cocked to the side and he did little in reveling in the thought of the familiar grounds, the soft indents of what had been marked as a familiar entry to him. The ground sloped, and his nose flared. His heart started to beat louder, and he found what illusion of hope he had carried slowly dwindling.

Hunting in the plains knowing that she had been ill had taken every piece that had left him stiff and dismayed. Claws raked the ground, and he poised himself with the planning that had burned through him. Wanting to see that black coat, he outstretched his legs as he pushed himself forward and swung around to view what had been their safe zone. What had belonged to him, and shared with Eden.

But now there was nothing. There was the dwindling scent that was all but falling away into the emptiness, and he knew that it had been days. Longer than he had ever imagined. It engrossed him as he shoved himself downward into the depth, his growling sound rattled through his chest. It was a lost sound, as he started to pant. Looking around. Searching.

Shoving himself against the walls, scent marking, the sound that was like a rattling and strumming sound. Like he was a hunter looking for his prey, entrusting his communication would be well met and given in context. But he paced, circling, looking for some sort of remnant. Something that would have told him that she’d be coming back. Looking for a sign.

That bitch.

He had known it was coming, but he had hoped it would have been otherwise. He circled, the growl starting in his chest. The rage, slowly, filling him as if he was being placed in a state of pain. Jaws snapped, and he swung on himself when his tail touched the cold stone. The emptiness, the lack of heat.

He should have been cheered that Spring was on the approach.

As his head tipped back, and the soft snow dripped a splash down on his forehead, he curled his lips up at the overhang in dismay.

Eden,” He growled, stalking his way back out from the overhang, before cocking his head back again and crying to the sky. She wasn’t going to answer. But he pushed. Trying for it. Pushing for it. Even though his chest twisted with the hateful thought that she’d abandoned him with eagerness. Freedom. She was free.

And he was chained, feeling the pain quake through his tension-riddled muscles.

Oct 04, 2017 05:28 PM

[ ignore ]
Nayomi is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Nayomi wandered… Not in search of anything at the moment. Just looking for some company… Whether it be long term or not. It seemed that her prayers would be answered when the scent of another wolf flooded her nostrils.

The young… Pretty girl lowered her head and shoulders as she padded toward the ever thicker scent. She came to a little ledge and stopped.  There was a cry… Poor thing. “You ok?” she asked with a concerned look on her face. Nayomi swayed her tail at her heels.

Oct 04, 2017 06:34 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Name Player
Tiberius Zarin Zoi
Achievements (?)

Breathing hurt, he idly noted as his song ended. Tiberius did not fancy the pain that had taken over, sunk into his chest like a vice grip. Agitation played on his face like a musical number, and he swung back towards the overhang with the dangerous pull within.

The breeze was almost intoxicating, swirling around illusions of no one there at all. And then it was alright, with another body, carrying a voice with a question that might have softened a true stable wolf.

His shoulders were tense, but he pushed away the anger in lieu of his tired sadness taking his face. Stepping back to turn his head up, it was not difficult to spot the wolf who belonged more in a forest. Tongue flipped over his lips, and he simply shook his head.

No.

No he was not okay.

Oct 05, 2017 06:13 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

What a sad looking soul. He seemed to be pained about something. However, it wasn’t her place to ask as a complete stranger. The girl took a few steps down to the side of the ledge. “Is there anything I can do to help?” She asked with a tilt of her head.

May be he would accept her politeness or may be he would be stubborn and turn away. Nayomi sadly didn’t know about herbs around here, so hopefully this was a more physiological problem than physical.

Oct 05, 2017 09:31 AM — Post #3

Name Player
Tiberius Zarin Zoi
Achievements (?)

The internal debate was raging, and he managed to keep himself from stiffening as she moved. There had been something rather sacred about the space that belonged to him and Eden, and he found himself fighting away the glower that someone had found it so simply.

Lip turned up at the edge and there was no immediate gesture of understanding. Could she do anything to help? He found himself considering it, in those long moments, and ultimately tilting his head back. “Suppose helping me not stay alone is about the best anyone could offer, right now.” Lazy words murmured out of his mouth, ensured they were loud enough to carry at least to the young wolf.

A pause. “I’ve been abandoned.” The explanation seemed appropriate in that moment, turning his navy gaze back to the stones. Pensive.

Oct 05, 2017 01:44 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

The girl could sense tension so she stopped. May be it was just her imagination but this male was larger and older than her… so she didn’t want t to take any stupid chances. He was alone? Yes physically… but he seemed to be talking more about feelings. Nayomi felt a pang in her heart at his words.

Abandoned… She had been abandoned too… it wasn’t her parents faults… according to what she thought happened to them, but still. The young girl understood the pain.

“I… I can stay with you if you wish Sir” said the female. “I’ve been abandoned as well. If it helps, I understand at least a fraction of what you are feeling right now” she said. Nayomi wasn’t sure if he would take her words to heart or not. It wouldn’t be her fault if he didn’t… She was just trying to help. Nayomi didn’t say she was sorry for him because being abandoned helped her through so much. She was stronger now… more mature than others her age. However she did not know how his problem would effect his life.

Oct 05, 2017 01:58 PM — Post #5

Name Player
Tiberius Zarin Zoi
Achievements (?)

The pale wolf was a blend of the grounds around him, creamy coat well groomed despite the static frantic feeling that plunged through him. He clicked his teeth fearlessly, but decidedly worked the thoughts away.

“You are too kind, young miss.” Tiberius continued, allowing his head to tip to the side. Riveted on something off to her side, his focus seemed to be on internalizing what he was feeling.

“I suppose you might.”  He echoed to her marker of awareness, and the large wolf inclined his head. He drew into a seated position, feeling the burn under his skin. It was far from cold with the anger that swirled inside. “We all lose others in the end, by choice or not, but I fear…”

He faded off, huffing. Fears. He didn’t need them.

Oct 05, 2017 02:05 PM — Post #6

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Nayomi followed his lead. She sat down as he did. Tail wrapped around her paws as if she were a queen. Her shoulders were back in an exceptional posture.

He thanked her for her kindness. “I will have to thank you as well my good sir. For not driving me off” she said with a dip of her head. The. He continued on about loss. “Yes…” She said a low tone but where he could still hear. “We never seem to win the game completely…” She stated. You may think you won the game if life… but then nature takes its toll and brings you back to level one.

“I suppose I can give you my name… seeing that you have welcomed me to keep you company for however long you wish. I’m Nayomi” she stated. There was no last name to go with that… just Nayomi.

Oct 05, 2017 02:23 PM — Post #7

Name Player
Tiberius Zarin Zoi
Achievements (?)

It was an odd thing to entertain options. Think about what could be made of the choices they had been faced with time and time again. Eden was, undoubtedly, at least to the center of the valley if she had kept true.

Where would she run? Where would she go, and like a seeking serpent, find hold in avoiding him? Mind raked with the thoughts, but no immediate location came to mind.

“Wolves don’t often find comfort in the sands. What brought you this way?” He managed, grappling with his thoughts. Nayomi. He cast her the faintest, strained smile he had hoped to present. Chest tight, he mulled over his options.

“Tiberius. A pleasure, dove, if only it had been under different circumstance.”

Oct 05, 2017 02:28 PM — Post #8

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

He was interested where she came from? Unlikely not… just a conversation starter. The girl gave it a few moments of thought. “I am not originally from the sands… in fact, I suppose you can already guess in from the forested part of land” she paused. “I came from the west and worked my way here…  mostly wandering… nothing very important” said Nayomi.

Dove… what a lovely little nickname… not really. It was a kinda bland name with no meaning behind it. She would smile though. “Indeed” she said simply. However, what circumstances?

Nayomi looked the large… off white male over. He didn’t look like he belonged here either. “Tell me.. Tiberius, what brings you here?” She asked with a curious tip of her head. May be she was over stepping boundaries. She will see in his response.

Oct 05, 2017 02:35 PM — Post #9

Name Player
Tiberius Zarin Zoi
Achievements (?)

The soft noise drew out of his mouth, rather uncomfortable with the notion of the sands needing more mouths to feed. But what did it matter? Was he going to stay here? The thoughts caused something of an abstract grumble, but he thwarted it after a moment.

“Wolves were not so interesting in the valley?” His voice was half tickled with amusement? Part of him yearning for words that would have filled his head with a plan.

But he left it, and considered his own answer. “I have been drawing to a conclusion that I needed to be found by those that matter, rather than wandering and being required to be tracked down.” Lips quirked at the edge, but he shook his head readily enough. It hadn’t worked.

Oct 06, 2017 05:54 AM — Post #10

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

The young girl took a breath. Ready to Rey, but he continued on. He seemed to be a psychotic genius or just strange. The way he was speaking… odd. Nayomi ignored this thought as she listened to his response more. She pondered it.

“No one held my interest. Met a few kind wolves… but a bit bland. I finally saw an ocean for the first time. It is rather beautiful. Like everything you know about the world seems to shatter when you look upon the vast waters” she stated. “Have you ever seen an ocean Tiberius?” She asked.

Ah yes… his response. “I’ve never ready thought about it that way. I suppose I belittle myself to much to think anyone will want find me… let alone their fate be intertwined with mine” she paused. “I do apologize if you don’t believe in fate. I sort of do… and I tend to ramble about it” she said as she kicked her lips.

Oct 06, 2017 03:44 PM — Post #11

Name Player
Tiberius Zarin Zoi
Achievements (?)

Bland. It was enough that he had him reflectively thinking the wolves he’d crossed - the ones he had walked away from, feeling bored. Feeling impatient with. There was countless which had caused such feelings, it was true.

It was almost enough to have him pausing in his darker thoughts. His head turned toward her, and he was surprised that it was the ocean that had ensnared her. How predictable that was. “I’ve been to said ocean,” His voice soothed. “It’s nothing compared to going up further, on the cliff ledges, and feeling like you’ve been consumed with it. When the ledge goes out so far, that you look down and it’s water in front of you, beside you, and behind.

His words took one a hefty quality, but then head tipped to the side. More rambling, and the notion was meant with fate. It was a notion that stared on his face, and another smile appeared. “You’re young yet. I reckon you’re just finishing up your first year?

Oct 06, 2017 05:54 PM — Post #12

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Nayomi perked her ears as he spoke. He had seen something far more entrancing than the ocean? She had a hard time believing it, but her was much older than her… so she supposed it was true. “I should have gone farther then… I suppose I’m going to have to travel back down sometime to see the site for myself,” she responded.

It baffled the girl that he knew her age. However, Nayomi supposed she did look young. She sure had the build of it. The girl slowly nodded her head, “Yes, a year and a month,” she stated. Her true age was close enough to what he said, so eh. “And you..” she pondered for a moment. “around four years,” she said with squinting eyes. He looked older, but still had such a nice coat. Middle aged at least.

Oct 06, 2017 08:26 PM — Post #13

Name Player
Tiberius Zarin Zoi
Achievements (?)

Tiberius found himself rather keenly aware of yearling stature. After all, there’d been some mirth in the eyes of surprise at his companions whenever he was indeed immersed with the company of fellow adults. His head cocked to the side, and he watched her guess.

His shoulder lifted, and he supposed he should have rationalized the age which he was considered to be. “Five sets of seasons, so five years.” His answer was a lazy one, not bothering to add that his years were numbered. This, despite being a vigorous age for many, was the downslope for many of the larger wolves. And Tiberius was one of the largest.

Running his tongue over his lips finally, he debated. There was so many options. “You know…” He started, leaning forward. “It’s a surprise you’re so smart. Many are… blind, to the ways of the world.

Oct 09, 2017 01:13 PM — Post #14

Name Player
Nayomi Slash-GNR

Five years… not that far off. Nayomi would make due with her guess. He seemed like a rather smart man, and she respected that. The girl liked brains not looks… for the most part. She wouldn’t lie though, he wasn’t that bad looking either.

Then he leaned forward with a lick of his lips. He commented on how smart she was. “My parents taught me well… before they disappeared. It helped that I was… still am a wolf that yearns for knowledge” she paused. “You learn a lot when you are forced to be on your own at such a young age” she ended. Nayomi wouldn’t give details unless he asked her to. She wondered what was really going through his mind… he hid it well, but no one really thought what they were saying. At least not all of it.

Oct 09, 2017 02:50 PM — Post #15

Showing page 1 of 2.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.