Roleplay Forums | Map

Small issue with Rise’s description? 
Chris nitpicking

Name Player
Maaike Morris Chris Staff
Achievements (?)
helper

Just noticed there maaaay be a small discrepancy with where Falcon Rise/Thunder Creek are placed on the map verses the written deselection? I know it shifted slightly with the new map but the description of the area reads: 

“Falcon Rise is the high ridge that borders Falter Glen on its western side. “

Which, idk, was that even right to begin with? Wouldn’t that put Falcon Rise to the right of Falter glen if it shares a border?

One of the fun fact box entries also reads:
“Though rare, bison sometimes wander this far east from the Range.”

Does the wording of these things just need tweaking perhaps so there’s less confusion..?

Oct 05, 2017 08:31 PM

[ ignore ]
Name Player
Atlas Stormborn Jade
Achievements (?)
1year 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500posts anniversary1 betatester helper lonelythreads ny2015 profile welcomeguide

I do think that things shifted around a little with the updated map—‘cuz I remember Falter Glen being more “up and to the right” from where Falcon Rise and Thunder Creek were? Now the Glen is just totally north.

Anybody got the old map for reference? I feel like this is some Mandela Effect shit. Lmao.

But anyway, as far as I know, the original description of Falcon Rise did fit the map. I think it’s the wording that’s kinda vague. It meant that the Rise was located on the western border of the Glen—not that the Glen borders the Rise on the western side of the Rise.

Same with the thing about the bison. It’s saying that they wander east from the range. In this instance we’re considering the Range to be the area west of the Rise, so the bison wound be wandering east to get to the Rise.

Although that whole thing is kinda weird for me, period, because I consider the Rise part of the Range. XD

*throws hands up*

Oct 05, 2017 09:59 PM — Post #1

[ permalink ]   [ ignore ]
Titania is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Titania Morris Anna

@jade yeah—you can access previous revisions of the wiki page by clicking the history and the edit date of any revision, so here’s the map from doing that:

Oct 06, 2017 04:14 AM — Post #2

Name Player
Atlas Stormborn Jade
Achievements (?)
1year 6mos 100ooc 100posts 250posts 500posts anniversary1 betatester helper lonelythreads ny2015 profile welcomeguide

Man, I was completely wrong! xD

MANDELA EFFECT

*spooky jazz hands*

But really tho. Going by the description, maybe… maybe the Rise was meant to be that whole area running from the bottom of the mountains up the left side of the Glen? Idk. :O

Oct 06, 2017 11:05 PM — Post #3

Magnus is currently Inactive. Activate? Inactive
Name Player
Magnus Greenwood fenshae

Maybe that’s what the darker color there on the map was representing?

Oct 06, 2017 11:34 PM — Post #4

Name Player
Atlas Stormborn Jade
Achievements (?)

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking! Maybe someone on staff can confirm? xD I’m interested to know this now.

Oct 07, 2017 12:05 PM — Post #5

Showing page 1 of 1.

Please log in or register to reply to this thread.