I. Halcyon — Leader of the Tribe, and makes sure everyone is safe and that everyone is doing what they have volunteered to do when necessary. Has the final say about who gets inducted as an official Friend or about rank upgrades. May create rules or give judgement as necessary.
—The Halcyon’s second-in-command, in charge of making sure everyone is happy and generally keeping the Tribe chill and down-to-earth. .
III. Bruiser — In charge of defending the Tribe and leading those others who have also volunteered to defend the Tribe. Primarily focuses on open threats, but may assess more subtle threats within his discretion.
III. Starlight — In charge of the Tribe’s medical needs. Primarily goes and and gathers medicinal herbs that cannot grow on the beach from other areas.
III. Bard — A source of reassurance and entertainment for the pack. A good sounding board and very welcoming to all comers.
V. Friend — Basic members of the pack not expected or asked to do more than they want to, but allowed to help or defend as they may wish.
V. Seashell — Puppies. Must be protected and unbroken.
Values and inner workings
- The Tribe respects the ocean and the beach. As a result they do not cache food as food from the ocean rots quickly and no more than needs to be taken for immediate eating should be taken.
- The Tribe is expected to leave “seabears” (re: sea lions or seals) alone
- The Tribe does not harass rogues unless harassed first. Don’t give grief unless you’ve been given grief.
- The beach should be a safe space for all those who mean well.
- The Tribe does not specifically mark its territory, though it should be obvious from gathered scent as to where they live.
- Everyone within the Tribe is important, and has a voice, but no one should take themselves too seriously.